Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can a soft modded wii play burned games from a dvd-r?

Thanks
    EP Points

well now i have a new problem i got ikaruga and dragonslair 3d for gamecube and ikaruga loads but resets itself every 20 seconds

dragonslair will load with the backup loader but in shit quality as well as black and white, when i attemt to use the official disc loader it turns the screen of and says "signal not available"

mario allstars anniversy works perfectly though

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

ikaruga doesn't work. your lucky you can even load it, i just get a black screen

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Could of sworn I had both of those playing... admit might of just been on my GameCube though (I'm sure I did on the Wii aswell, this was a long time back now though)

Anyway here is a compat list for GameCube loaders includes basic instruction on how to fix errors, some of this I remember needing to do myself with fstfix, infact used that alot..

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Gamecub...atibility_List both games are working

B/W you can either patch it (Neh) or you can use the loader's video settings (Dragons lair works perfectly well for you, it just needs the video settings tweeked to display correctly on your TV)

As for the exact settings, asides from me being rusty I don't even know the region of your TV/Console or Game
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-May-2011 at 18:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

i am in canada so i use NTSC stuff, so i dot know why it show in japanese, aside from that even though both games work they have those bugs i mentioned, is it likely the loader or the wii? (i tried them on my friends wii and they wouldnt even load)

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

Ikaruga has some Japanes characters in it even in english, as well as the japanese language option for the menus. Now, if it crashes you either don't have the latest version of the loader, or you have burned a shrunken .iso on the disc or you downloaded a bad disk image or...wait a minute.

Do you have the loader as a channel in the system menu? Because last time I checked (been some time) it requires an IOS which slows disk read speed leading to problems while loading games from disks, unless this has changed.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The loading probs is an issue with the iso before burning hence use the old fstfix prog to fix the ISO of the game before burning it

Always make sure the actual Loader is up to date and you have the most compatible ios for it installed also

-R/+R Disc load slower than retail DVD's anyway, this is normal for the Wii and GameCube drives (that goes for all consoles)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

all i have installed is what maulfrogs tutorial had, other than that i didnt do anything

Thanks

I see. Well, I can't know for sure witout a screenshot of your wii's menu if you have NeoGamma as a Wii Channel but Zorlon's advice is correct.

But if it still doesn't work and you can't do anything more, then go to thepurplecube (can I post link or is it against the forum rules?) and get a proper working iso. Theirs are guaranteed to be working. If you still have problems, we're here to work somehing out.
    Last edited by MasterV; 17th-May-2011 at 16:01.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MasterV View Post
    I see. Well, I can't know for sure witout a screenshot of your wii's menu if you have NeoGamma as a Wii Channel but Zorlon's advice is correct.

But if it still doesn't work and you can't do anything more, then go to thepurplecube (can I post link or is it against the forum rules?) and get a proper working iso. Theirs are guaranteed to be working. If you still have problems, we're here to work somehing out.
    You can if the site is not full of warez

Or if you are not sure then stick to the PM system

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

If anything I would suggest getting ModMii for the PC its very new-user friendly and gives you a text readout of what you will need to do. Here's a link for it.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207126
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks

I just bought a Wii with version 4.3e (one week ago). I understand I need a SD card and a HDD when I softmodded the Wii. On the internet I found a lot of games which was formatted in iso or wbfs. If I am right, I have to transform al the games to wbfs, put them on the HDD en start it up with a program which is installed on the SD card, for instance WBFS manager. And what about the ols nes and snes games. I have got many games which I've collected in the past. Can I use those games or do I have to transform them to in another extension before using? Can you help me with that? Thank you very much.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ISO's don't need converting this will be done automaticly when tranfured a WBFS manager

Emulation iso's I presume can be on the hdd (Never looked into that personly) but wiiware NES and SNES gets installed on the Wii's nand via a Wad file installed via a Wad Manager

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]