Thread: Sega any thing beyond genisis, doesn't work.

Thanks

Default Sega any thing beyond genisis, doesn't work.

Okay so I have a dream cast and a friend has a few Saturn games. I have a great PC but no matter what NO emulators of these types will work. The closest I got was at the first status screen, after which there is no game that will play with these emulators. I have tried many things and I'm no emunewb, I have many other emus ranging from atari 2600, to sness, to neo geo, and PS2. And all these work fine. So is there some odd reason why only the second gen Sega emus and up don't work.

I have the bios, all folders and directories are fine. I have tweaked the settings to no avail. Can any one either help me find an emulator that works or tell me what silly thing i'm missing.

Supreme Warrior Guest

which Emulators have you tried that Didn't work?

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have the bios files too?

Supreme Warrior Guest

Read the last line Nemesis

Thanks
    EP Points

What's your OS though?
    Also, for the Saturn Emu, you have to mount the isos.
    NullDC you don't have to mount but im not sure for Chankast.
    Last edited by Nemkoon; 6th-May-2011 at 19:30.

Thanks

I've tried mounting and have tried every emu at emunation and what I could find here.
    this either they just don't work or I mount the iso. I turn on the emulator on and I either get nothing or a start screan that resembles a player but with no game access.
    What emus are you guys using.

My specs.
    Win 7
    i7 920 OC to 4.00
    Vid ATI radeon hd 5700 OCed
    6 gigs of ram
    I use magic disc from magic iso to mount my stuff.

Right now i'm retrying NullDC, lets see if there was something I missed.
    Last edited by shadowtheman; 7th-May-2011 at 08:16.

Supreme Warrior Guest

First off give me a system and il tell you the best emulator for it.

Thanks

Okay I'll go in this order. Some of my emus I wanted to update any way.
    Nes
    Arcade
    Sega
    Snes
    Neo Geo
    Playstation
    N64
    Saturn
    Dreamcast
    I seem to have gotten NullDC to work how ever, if there is better please tell me. One quicky quesion. Whats the diff between nommu and mmu in nulldc
    Whats with this NRG stuff they don't play
    Last edited by shadowtheman; 7th-May-2011 at 09:05.
    Kitty lick lick.......He tastes your soul

Supreme Warrior Guest

http://www.emucr.com/

get accustomed with going there, Alot

Nes, not sure , give some of theemus on emucr a try
    arcade, Mame Plus or Final Burn Alpha
    sega, need to be specific , KEGA FUSION, Love that emulator.
    snes, 2 new emulators out, newest just released ver of Snes9x, I used and can say its a BIG improvment over the original snes9x, And bZsnes.
    neogeo, KAWAKS.
    Playstation, ePSXe and pSX, both to me are needed.
    n64, project 64
    Saturn, SSF
    Dreamcast, NullDC
    Last edited by Supreme Warrior; 7th-May-2011 at 09:12.

Thanks

question about NullDC I grabbed up a cdi format game and tested it and it worked, but whats NRG. It doesn't work but it seems to be a dreamcast format. Is there a converter or some function i'm not aware of yet

Supreme Warrior Guest

nero image file, not sure how Dreamcast RIP images go but mount it in a virtual drive and open a program like imgburn and remake into bin/cue.
    not sure if it runs that image type.

Thanks

nope doesn't work.. I hate it when people do that...... "Lets just ulpoad a game just for in a format you can't use." Grrrrrrrr.

I wonder if Nero can help. Crazy romans.

Supreme Warrior Guest

just go find the GDi image if possible, a GDI is a FULL dump of a dreamcast game.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Supreme Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I gues thats what I'm goint to have to do. Oh well Se'lage'r. (My atempt at french)
    Thanks for the current info. After I work on my DC stuff for a little bit I'll repost with the Saturn results.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

NRG to CDI
    1.install the free version of Discjuggler
    2.install the free version of Daemon Tools Lite
    3.mount the nrg with Daemon Tools Lite
    4.open Discjuggler
    5.create a CD image (.cdi) from a disc*****, make sure to choose the Daemon Tools drive
    6.play the cdi image file
    *****Note: You may be asked to repair the image (always say no to this for Dreamcast images in Discjuggler)

SEGA Console
    Sega GameGear - Mastersystem - Genesis/Megadrive - 32X - Sega/Mega CD - Sega/Mega CD-32 = Kaga Fusion
    Saturn = SSF (Sometimes the older versions will run some games more stable) [You only need one bios image but settings for region within the emu needs changing (the emu remembers that setting for each game so change that with a disc running then reset the emu for setting to take effect)]
    Dreamcast = NullDC

Nintendo
    NES = ???? (sorry long time since I emulated NES on a PC I do that more on xbox1)
    GameBoy to GameBoy Advance = VBA (there are newer modded versions also but the original is fine)
    SNES = snes9x or ZSNES (I prefure ZSNES but the odd game works beter in each)
    N64 = PJ64 (you may need others for certain games though. this emu as with the other N64 ones can be a pain to setup)
    GameCube - Wii = Dolphin
    Nintendo DS = Off the top of my head... there are 2 or 3 that run rather nice (Flash kit for me)

Microsoft
    Xbox = nope (there is one that plays 1 game, guess you could just call it a game port rather than an emu, modded my xbox)
    Xbox 360 = don't be silly

Sony
    Playstation/PSX/PSone = ePSXe (Great emu but.. no easy to setup for some games and some games are copy protected) [My PSone is chipped]
    Playstation 2/PS2 = pcsx2 (Don't emulate it myself,softmodded my PS2)
    Playstation Portable/PSP = Not my thing but there is one that runs around (Mine is softmodded)
    Playstation 3/PS3 = LMAO yeah

Arcade
    (Neo-Geo is included in Arcade emulation)
    There are too many
    but...
    MameUI - a general Arcade emu
    Final Burn Alpha - another General emulator less systems supported but a nice easy emu to use
    Impact - high end Capcom games
    Daphne - A Laser Disc Emu
    Modeler - Sega System 32, Sega System 32 Multi and Sega Model 1
    Nebula Model 2 - Sega Model 2B board
    ZiNc - Namco System 11

There is a ton more

MAME may cover more systems but those that only support one or two arcade chips tend to run smoother, specially for newer games, though som are tricky to setup/use but once it's there the setups are kept

Also noticed your using Magic ISO ect, keep off of PSX ISO's specially convertin g with that package as it will make PSX CD's unbootable, recomend ISObuster for PSX CD image converting, mount in Dtools and create a fresh image with ImgBurn both will output a bin+cue image used by all PSX tools/emulation
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-May-2011 at 11:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR