Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things that shouldn't have happened

Thanks
    EP Points

One game. So bad it made a legendary series look like a joke. M: other M
    Wait. One more. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks.
    That's if am to take the thread by its title.

If am to take the thread by its first post however, well they should have never killed Mu La Flaga in Gundam Seed. I mean really now? He is a popular character, and they kill him in the final episode? What the hell? And then they release the compilation movie that edits his floating helmet out and he gets resurrected in Destiny with nary but a scratch? If they were going to keep him, why kill him in the first place? It makes his revival REALLY hard to stomach. Meaningless. Then again, that's Sunrise for you. A company known for reviving characters from impossible to escape deaths.
    Last edited by Georgeman; 7th-May-2011 at 12:51.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonhunter View Post
    Well it speaks to preferences regarding a specific video game's story direction or a moment's outcome in a video game. I didn't mean for it to suggest someone to reveal their least favorite game,sorry.
    It's not your fault, it's people's fault for not reading the first post before posting.

Perhaps in bold and caps next posters will get it right...

THIS IS NOT ABOUT GAMES THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CREATED/RELEASED.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    It's not your fault, it's people's fault for not reading the first post before posting.

Perhaps in bold and caps next posters will get it right...

THIS IS NOT ABOUT GAMES THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CREATED/RELEASED.
    Sequels are story direction. The first post specifies that or moments. Nothing more.

A sequel is just that in most regards, a continuation of a story.

If you're saying one kind of story is okay to dislike but another isn't, then ok.

But after reading the FIRST POST, thats all it says, and can be taken to mean sequels.

You know, being a story continuation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobolicious View Post
    Sequels are story direction. The first post specifies that or moments. Nothing more.

A sequel is just that in most regards, a continuation of a story.

If you're saying one kind of story is okay to dislike but another isn't, then ok.

But after reading the FIRST POST, thats all it says, and can be taken to mean sequels.

You know, being a story continuation.
    Katamari, Cho Aniki, Other M... lots of games are being mentioned here and it has nothing to do with their story. Some people are just dropping names just for the sake of it, without even explaining the reasons why they mention them and what it has to do with the topic in question. The announcement we posted some days ago is clear, if this thread is going to be some kind of what if thread it will stay, if it turns to be a least favourite game in a series thread, it will be closed.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit Da Frog View Post
    It's not often that I get to answer things with Shadow the Hedgehog twice in the course of 24 hours, but damned if I didn't just do it.
    Blast you! I wanted to pick that one!

Oh well, guess I"ll go with Final Fantasy XIII as well.

So there, I have TWO games that shouldn't have happened.

Okay okay, sorry, I'll stop going against the spirit of the topic.

Frankly, what shouldn't have happened is the creation of Shadow in the Sonic series. I feel that the creation of all those neon friends of Sonic's screwed over the series in many ways. I mean, you've got Rouge, Shadow, Cream, and a whole SLEW of other idiots that I can't even remember. They shouldn't have happened.

EDIT: Please note that with this I do not mean the game shadow shouldn't have happened (even though I do feel that way), but Shadow's original creation in Sonic Adventure 2 shouldn't have. And if you force it, that one was marginally okay, but they should've left him dead at the end. So either his creation or his resurrection shouldn't have happened.
    Last edited by Dr. Ivo Robotnik; 7th-May-2011 at 11:57.

Thanks

Most people would probably disagree with this but, I would have to say that tekken 6 should not have happened. i mean after tekken 5 the whole series went down the drain and the movie didn't even slightly help (i'm still wondering who allowed it to even get past the planning stage)

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

For god sakes, read the first post before you post in a thread. Seriously its like none of you have been on a forum before.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    For god sakes, read the first post before you post in a thread. Seriously its like none of you have been on a forum before.
    I do rather agree with this. I did joke against the 'style' of the thread, but I at least put in the actual story direction I hated in my own reply. Please people, we know some games shouldn't have happened but that's not actually what this is about.

Thanks

let me make my self clear on my other post.
    i meant that Jin becoming the leader of the Mishima zaibatsu and plunging the world into chaos was a major plot killer for me especially. Jin has been one of my favorite characters since he was put in the game but after tekken 4 they turned him into some power hungry psychopath who wants to destroy everything.

Thanks

You know, I was sitting here thinking about this, and I have to say...

FF8 would have been a great game had they simply left in the SeeD style mission structure they used for the first few hours. Had they continued along that path instead of where they did go, I'd say it could have been awesome.

Similarly, Metal Gear Solid 2, I felt, would have been better had they stopped at the point Raiden gets captured. It gets pretty ridiculous from there on out. I know some people have done deep, meaningful analysis on why the ending segment is really deep and all that but...
    It just felt really stupid when I was playing through it A lot of it was pretty left field.

And finally, speaking of left field.

FF9. Necron. That should have just not happened.

Thanks
    EP Points

Since I put dino crisis 3 i should explain why. Only 3 reasons
    1. It has next to NO relation to the first
    2. They're Dino-alien hybrids, not real dinos.
    3. There is NO REGINA!! Who the hell cares about Sonya or what's her name?!??!

Thanks
    EP Points

the twilight movie shouldn't have happened...
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Things that should have happened....

This thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Come to think of it, Winnie the Pooh shouldn't have been so sad in KH2. Whenever I look back on Pooh in my childhood, he was a source of joy. Then they make him nothing but depressing throughout the entire game, and I'm supposed to be okay with that? I don't think so.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Pooh was always content with everything and a very amiable character. He should not have been sad. Eeyore, on the other hand...

"Not that anyone will miss me..."