Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 3 game problem

Thanks

Default Resident Evil 3 game problem

I downloaded Resident Evil 3 from emuparadise.org I'm running the PCSXBox v21 on my XBox I named both .BIN and .CUE files the same when I try to load the game I get a black screen only? I tried every ISO file on emuparadise.org but get the samething everytime I try and load the game? Any help would be appreciated.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You want the NTSC (U) only (all PAL versions of the game are copy protected)

If you renamed the bin, make sure to edit the cue file with notepad and change the bin file name in there aswell (can't see that being the issue, all that would mess up is any cdda tracks)

There general rules, gunna do some testing for you though

Found some setting in a compat list

Set Graphics Fixes
    Use old frame skipping [On]
    Framelimit [Off]
    Set CPU Fixes
    InuYasha Sengoku Battle fix [On]

This did not work for me, it made 0 difference but I am currently on an older version of the emu

I'm now grabbing the PAL version and a Patch to remove the copy protection

Also not working for me, what is annoying is it crashes the xbox not just a black screen, so not easy to go back and fix issues

I will do a few other qiuick tests aswell but gunna leave it just for now, I can see why you asked though thats a major pain

EDIT: WORKING but I went back to a realy old version, version 9... will try and find out what version it was broken in

EDIT: WORKING STILL Upgraded to version 21 tested and got working my Patched PAL version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-May-2011 at 15:56.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks Zorlon for the help been trying what you have been doing maybe it would work for me but same results as you. Let me know what you find later. Again thanks for all the help.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Set your pad to normal instead of Analog/Dual Shock

Done a little more testing and found that having it set to dual shock does not let you get past the hacktro (from the patch) this may be the reason that you are sat on a BLACK SCREEN aswell in the NTSC version of the game

Before messing the setting up just try the pad thing

At the moment I don't have the exact fixes that I found from the compat list (though it is running at stupid fast speed)

Let me know if that does or does not fix it (Just like to know if my help has worked or not, had alot of posts that I am the last one to post and it's advice but with no way of knowing if they fixed it using my help or if they just gave up lol)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-May-2011 at 16:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Set your pad to normal instead of Analog/Dual Shock

Done a little more testing and found that having it set to dual shock does not let you get past the hacktro (from the patch) this may be the reason that you are sat on a BLACK SCREEN aswell in the NTSC version of the game

Before messing the setting up just try the pad thing

At the moment I don't have the exact fixes that I found from the compat list (though it is running at stupid fast speed)

Let me know if that does or does not fix it (Just like to know if my help has worked or not, had alot of posts that I am the last one to post and it's advice but with no way of knowing if they fixed it using my help or if they just gave up lol)
    Tried the pad thing still a black screen?

Thanks

I can run both RE 1 and 2 with no problems just the RE 3 I can't?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try the PAL version patched to remove Lib Crypt protection (You need to hit start at the Hacktro)

The patch is at http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_patches_r_2.shtml

Listed as
    Resident Evil 3 Protection Fix [UK/PAL] [524KB] [PDX]
    You can try the one with a trainer aswell but I chose the one without (though the one with may have also fixed the dual shock thing, I don't know though)

The PAL version, I got from EP and needs to be unecm'ed

You also need a ppf patcher (I used PPF o-matic)

http://consolecopyworld.com/psx/psx_ppf.shtml

Also you don't need a cue sheet for this game I tested that aswell
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-May-2011 at 16:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I'm a little lost? Sorry trying to learn. Which PAL version on EP? Also once I download the protection fix what do I do with it? Do I extract the files out? What version of PPF o-matic are you using? Once all this is done were do I place the files? Sorry again trying to learn all this stuff.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Download Resident Evil (E) from here
    You need to extract it
    You will also need ecmtools (also in the above link)
    You need to extract it
    drag the ecm file over unecm.exe to produce a larger bin file
    (the ecm file comes from the Resident Evil 3 (E) archive, unecm comes from the ecm tools archive)
    Download & Extract the Patch file
    Download & Extract PPF o-matic
    PPF o-matic is used to appy the patch file to the bin (Prog to easy to use to do a step by step instruction list )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-May-2011 at 19:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Download Resident Evil (E) from here
    You need to extract it
    You will also need ecmtools (also in the above link)
    You need to extract it
    drag the ecm file over unecm.exe to produce a larger bin file
    (the ecm file comes from the Resident Evil 3 (E) archive, unecm comes from the ecm tools archive)
    Download & Extract the Patch file
    Download & Extract PPF o-matic
    PPF o-matic is used to appy the patch file to the bin (Prog to easy to use to do a step by step instruction list )
    Got it to work but it's stuck in hyper mode. Also can you reccomend a good XBox emulator for Capcom's CPS1 and CPS2? I tried using KAWA-x but it gives me a game load error when I try to load a game. I down loaded the roms from EP and extracted the roms using WINrar. Thanks for all your help

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You just need the correct rom sets, recomend you find out what version of the PC emu it was based on and run a rom audit prog on the roms with a dat for that version of the emu

I use a few including MAME, the coin-op one & FBA was sure I had a 3rd, will add more if I do..

anyway FBA aka Final Burn would be the most recomended (has tabs for CPS 1, CPS 2 & Mixed (chip sets like Kanomi ect..)) though MAME covers a hell of alot more

Not tried Kawaks at all on the xbox

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Thanks Zorlon I'll try Final Burn also one more thing I hope I'm not being to much of a pain, but I down loaded the XBox trainers from EP and I put them into the HDD file though I can see them when I go through my file check through XBMC on my XBox but I don't see them in the Trainers tab or on any of my tabs when I scroll through them when using Evolution-X? Any advice? Thanks for all you do on this forum.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I only use xbmc myself, it's just sexier

You just hit the white button to enable/disable
    games/ports with cheats have a small icon added to them

didn't know ep had trainers lol

Evolution-X needs them in a folder called trainers, the folder is located in the same location as evox.ini (if a trainers folder is not already there, then make one)

also Evolution-X wants them extracted

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

The final burn emu works great. Thanks. The closet file similar to what you said in the post above I could find was "/E/TDATA/EvoX" and had two files in it "evox.ell and Evox.etf" do I make a trainers folder in there? Also that was located on a diffrent drive then the XBox games I have on my hard drive, there located in the F drive?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That doesn't sound right to me

I don't use evox personly, just didn't like it (found it a little clumsy) so not sure of the exact location, it could well be in one of the dashboard folders, I just googled for the info I gave you for the trainer location for evox.

It depends machine to machine on the drive it gets installed to, but Tdata is for saves/setting so thats not the correct location
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-May-2011 at 15:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]