Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help getting ff8 to run on psx4all ipod tocuh 4g

Thanks

Default need help getting ff8 to run on psx4all ipod tocuh 4g

i have downloaded ff8 for psx4all off of this website and in my ipod i have the files for the 4 discs and the scph.1001 thing i know its working because ff7 works on there.

i have the 4 discs to choose from in the psx4all menu and i touch them then it just stays on a black screen with the controls showing.

however i dont know what to do, it might be that i dont have the .cue files correct me if im wrong but i think i might need them, does anybody know where i can get them

all help is appreciated

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What is the extension of the files?

Thanks

.bin . I used the unpack iso to get the .bin from ECM but I didn't receive the .cue files unlike ff7 i was given some .cue files when I used unpakkiso

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You messed up then.
    You have to use unecm tools. It will give you a .cue as well.
    http://www.emuparadise.org/PSX/ecm%20tools.rar
    Just take the bin.ECM file and drop it on the unecm.exe

That should fix your problem.

Thanks

Ok thanks for your help. So basically I need to re-unecm the file to get .cue as well

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Demonex962 View Post
    Ok thanks for your help. So basically I need to re-unecm the file to get .cue as well
    Well, if you still have the originally downloaded archive, just unpack it again to get the bin.ECM.
    If you dont have it then re-DL it.

Thanks

Yeah I think i can unpack it again and put the .cue files in there without having to copy the entire game again

Thanks
    EP Points

Just so you know, the ECM file format has nothing to do with .cue files. If you didn't have one before unECMing, you won't get one after. Furthermore, PAKKISO and ECMTools do the same thing. The only real difference is that one has a GUI and the other doesn't. So if he used PAKKISO correctly in the first place, then switching to ECMTools would make no difference.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Just so you know, the ECM file format has nothing to do with .cue files. If you didn't have one before unECMing, you won't get one after. Furthermore, PAKKISO and ECMTools do the same thing. The only real difference is that one has a GUI and the other doesn't. So if he used PAKKISO correctly in the first place, then switching to ECMTools would make no difference.
    Ummm.....oops

I cant use such programs as PakkIso and what have you bc im on a linux machine.
    I have to unECM through command line, and i swear it outputs a .cue file as well.
    Maybe im mistaken.

My appologies Demonex for taking you through all that BS.

Thanks

Ok thanks anyway but when I unpacked ff7 I got a .cue anyway which is puzzling I'm going to re dl and unpack tomorrow and let you guys know

Thanks for help anyway

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Demonex962 View Post
    Ok thanks anyway but when I unpacked ff7 I got a .cue anyway which is puzzling I'm going to re dl and unpack tomorrow and let you guys know

Thanks for help anyway
    You got the .cue when you unpacked the RAR, not the ECM. ECM files can't contain a cue. All ECM does is remove the error checking sector from a disc image. The .cue is just a sheet listing the data contained in a disc image and how it's laid out, so there's no error checking sector to remove.

Thanks

so if ff8 dosent contain a .cue (which i think i need to make it work) what do i do to make ff8 work? i have the files on my ipod (4 discs) and the bios. im not sure what to do to fix it but im going to try re dl and using unpackiso again.

edit 1: im not even sure if i need to .cue file for it to work, i only thought that because ff7 had a .cue file. i have a look at ff7 and ff8 they are both .7z files i saved them both extracted them both put the files in a folder and dragged the folder into unpakkiso. ff7 produced a .cue file for each disc however ff8 did not.
    Last edited by Demonex962; 30th-April-2011 at 13:28.

Thanks

does anyone know how to make this work then?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have cue's for ff8 (and all the other games missing those) if it's of any help, but there usually only needed by games that use cdda tracks that I'm sure ff8 did not, neither does ff7, so you can test that out

Make sure to get the NTSC (U) version though the PAL (E) version has copy protection (thats in the binary file not the cue sheets)

Personly don't have or intend to buy an ipod touch

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

That's probably the problem then thanks