Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [REQ] Looking for Final Fantasy IX ORIGINAL US Disc 1

Thanks
    EP Points

Lightbulb [REQ] Looking for Final Fantasy IX ORIGINAL US Disc 1

The ID# for this disc is SLUS-01294. I haven't been able to find it anywhere online. There is a torrent floating around with this ID# but after I took the time to download, unpack and run it, it turned out to be SLUS-01251 which is the bugfixed version.

Many people own this original game disc but the iso doesn't seem to exist anywhere, if you have this and could please up it I would be eternally grateful. This is the only version of the game where the Gold Chocobo Bug is possible. I don't need the other three discs as they carry the same ID#s in both releases.

Thanks in advance!

Supreme Warrior Guest

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/data

Sorry to break it to you but the Numbers go up, not down, that is FF 9 Version 1.0, the first american release.

which I happen to have.

And go here for all Sony Serials,

http://www.sonyindex.com/index.htm
    Last edited by Supreme Warrior; 25th-April-2011 at 11:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

I thought so too but that is the version that I have and all sites have and the bug doesn't work on it. If you have the physical first release of Final Fantasy IX the discs have two characters on each instead of one. They look very different.

GameFAQs is wrong a lot, all the info is user submitted and not checked very well and the site you posted doesn't have any other ID#s for that game even though there were two black label releases and one Greatest Hits (which would be SLUS-01251GH, etc). It's understandable in this case that GameFAQs wouldn't have a record of the first release of FFIX as the second one was unofficial as it was a bugfix and not just to put more discs on the market. The original wasn't available for very long but a lot of people do own it as they like to grab up new Square games as they come out.
    Last edited by NatashaQuick; 25th-April-2011 at 11:52.

Supreme Warrior Guest

im looking into it right now, so far i can not find any information on it.

Thanks
    EP Points

This might help you out as far as confirming it exists: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/T...ld_Chocobo_Bug

There are other posts around that have people saying "I'm playing with my game disc SLUS-01294" in support threads for people trying to emulate the game. I've been trying to find the pictures of the discs but it's been years since I saw them on a site, and I had this version at one point but it was lost and I ended up with the re-release. Thanks for making the effort!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

what cd is this bug obtained on???

I may be able to make you a get around if this bug is on CD 2+ you should be able to mod a save from another version to continue play on your version of ffix cd 2 onward

SLUS-01294 does sound like a CD4 code mind SLUS-0129# # would normally = the CD no. unless this set goes 94-95-96-97

EDIT

SLUS-01294 In Cold Blood [Disc1of2]
    SLUS-01295 Final Fantasy IX [Disc2of4]
    SLUS-01296 Final Fantasy IX [Disc3of4]
    SLUS-01297 Final Fantasy IX [Disc4of4]

Ha ha I find that very odd indeed

EDIT2

SLUS-01251 Final Fantasy IX [Disc1of4]

seems those are the correct CD's

SLUS-01294 is a different game it seems

Alot of re-releases use the same SLES and SLUS codes by the way

I can conclude though that any copy of CD 1 will work providing the bug is real and you have the correct CD 2, 3 & 4

.... if the bug was real there should be Action replay/Game Shark/Other Cheat device codes to give you a gold chocco anyway, would be a beter option

Also according to the FAQ he preordered the game and got it one day before release (would be the same version as the version on day of release, revision versions come after day of release (usually not the very next day either [usually month after]) and the site you linked mentioned it working on the PAL version (I happen to own the PAL version I got on day of release)

Edit I was thinking of ffviii that I got on day of release my copy of ix is platinum I think (would need to check, never realy played it as I found it so dull I never got past CD1 )

I would guess at SLUS-01294 Final Fantasy IX CD1 is a common mistake as CD1 does not follow on like most multi CD games do, not because it was bug fixed, it may even have that printed on the CD, the cover has the correct code of SLUS-01251 though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2011 at 12:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Supreme Warrior Guest

Seems that Dsic id you provided is for In Cold Blood US version.

I see a few torrents that have that FF9 id in them but that must be some kind of screw up.

Thanks
    EP Points

What happens is on the original disc 1 you can dig up all 6 Chocograph Pieces (key items) and then dig up the Chocograph that gives Choco flight. The bug is contained on disc 1. However, even though you HAVE the graph at that point, you can't GET to it until Disc 3 when you are given the Blue Narciss ship. So the actual mistake was made on Disc 1 and the realization of it happens in Disc 3 if you choose to activate it.

The problem the game runs into is that you're flying before you're supposed to have an airship and it skips ahead to that point, where the ship suddenly becomes and airship and lots of things are skipped. But it is possible to complete the game with it. Just to be clear I actually want to bug my game as I lost my original before I found out about this, and I'm crazy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, I found that very odd but there are also a lot of posts like this one http://psxemulator.proboards.com/ind...627&post=15038

Doesn't make any sense I know. You could be right that it does use the same ID# but the numbering is strange for this game, the version most people have goes
    Disc 1 01251
    Disc 2 01295
    Disc 3 01296
    Disc 4 01297

If it is the same that just makes this all harder, and I appreciate that you guys are taking the trouble with it.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I also noticed lots of torrents ect sharing 01294 as FFIX but truley believe this to be an error and it will indeed be 01251, I wonder what the coded for saves from this game are

It is very possible that early prints of the game had the disc has SLUS 01294 printed on it while internally the main exe file is named SLUS_01251

EDIT:- further digging round looking for a reason that disc 1 was labled with a code from another game, I have came to the conclution that this was indeed a mistake from one dumper of the game and has been passed round on the net, this was an error by the uploader, if you download it, it does not have this code for the psx main exe for the game but has SLUS_01251 as the main exe

I do know this bug sounds interesting I would do some testing myself but as it is I have no interest in the game and would find it hard to play just for the sake of getting a bug working

I do not think the copy of FFIX that was originally used is a rare copy or anything it's just the bog standard original that was maybe revised just for the Greatest Hits version if it was revised at all.

It's not a beta version he only preordered it he did not aquire a copy that was not officially for sale he got it as soon as the shop got it that just happend to be the day before the official release date.. ie. the day it was officially ok to put it up on the shelves, this is not always the same day the shop will have it delivered to them.. One of my brothers got the PS2 1 day early this way, it was not a beta machine or anything, he just got it when the shop did and they did not put it on shelf till the day after (they sold out that day)

Greatest hits versions tend to be the same as the original releases with a new cover/sometimes the CD's also get a facelift but file content tends to be the same down to crc level, the packaging is changed mostly to reflect that it is on sale under a budget label, often because they got good sales on release and wish to continue the sale of the product later on in it's life.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-April-2011 at 14:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    EDIT:- further digging round looking for a reason that disc 1 was labled with a code from another game, I have came to the conclution that this was indeed a mistake from one dumper of the game and has been passed round on the net, this was an error by the uploader, if you download it, it does not have this code for the psx main exe for the game but has SLUS_01251 as the main exe
    Also just to point out, the beta for FF9 had the SLUS_01251 exe name. The game never would've been printed with a different stock number. If indeed there was a codefix release, such info would be reflected on the PSRM number. I own a NTSC-U first run FF9 copy (admittedly a Canadian variant, but that change is just a paper insert), and it never had any different stock numbers.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok thanks, so the number will always be the same, but is it possible to find the PSRM on an iso? The discs saved to my hard drive come from my personal black label release and that one is bugfixed. The version that has this bug isn't a beta that's correct (though the beta is bound to have it since there were retail versions released with it), it was just the first retail run of it. So what I've been saying is there are some black labels that have it and some that don't, all GHs will have been bugfixed but no one knows exactly when this happened or how to tell without playing. Don't worry about playtesting it, I'm doing that and it's annoying but I do like this game.

If my experience with other games is correct then my disc 1 saves that work with the bugfixed version won't work with the original and that may be an indicator for me, but I am playing them to try to find out and you have to play for quite a while to see.

Even though I linked a few things with people not knowing about this bug as late as 2007, it's been known among fans since release and that guy with the FAQ is not the only one who's ever been able to do it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh yeah and as I was saying earlier a lot of people own this version of the game, it isn't rare, I'm just looking for a way to identify it so I can find it. I'd actually buy the thing if I can find a way to tell without playing it. Also there is actually only one misnamed torrent, there are just links to it posted everywhere so that lends more credence to it being an error (though you already convinced me it is, thanks again).

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaQuick View Post
    Ok thanks, so the number will always be the same, but is it possible to find the PSRM on an iso?
    Nope, the PSRM number is indicated on the face of the disc. FF9 disc 1 is PSRM-020480. The last number denotes the release version of the specific game. On PS1 games zero is always the first release...

If you have the black label FF9 you have the 1.0 release. According to redump, there supposedly was a 1.1 release, but it only appeared on some Greatest Hits copies:
    http://redump.org/disc/73/
    http://redump.org/disc/4005/
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh that site helps a lot!!! Yeah someone on another forum showed me where the PSRM is on the disc. I'm on my way to finding this bitch now. Don't know why I never got this to work even though I've tried but I have some leads on how the bug is activated from further searches.

You guys are awesome! Especially for taking me seriously because my account here was lost in the server crash and it seems like I'm brand new.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NatashaQuick For This Useful Post: