Thread: Problem with Animal Crossing GCN

Thanks

Default Problem with Animal Crossing GCN

Hi. I am attempting to run an Animal Crossing ISO, and for someone reason it seems to be running at a standard 80% speed. The video looks smooth to me, but the audio is rather slowed down. At first I thought it could be a simple problem such as my PC isn't good enough, but seeing as I run modern games at mid-high spec on it I assumed it would be able to cope with Gamecube games.

I am running on a Dell Studio 1558, MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel Core i5 450M @ 2.40GHz, 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470.

I have searched around for recommended config setups but none seem to be helping me, and I'm simply wondering if anyone could help me out.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Specs arn't that high, not that I can talk

Emulation of GameCube is just not that acurate it's not so much your specs though and generally for emulation of any system you do tend to need alot higher specs than the machine you emulate.

You can try messing on with the fps settings or lower res settings but have a strong feeling this won't help you that much if at all.

Shame Animal Crossing is great, there is Animal Crossing DS aswell though the game is not that different, the big ones are no gba link support (not implimented in the Gamecube emulation anyway) [gba was used for 1 island and several nes games] some of the special items got changed and the DS version has a perspective effect missing from the Gamecube

Other systems include N64 (Jap only .. ) and a Wii version also all versions play the same, minor differences throughout
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-April-2011 at 18:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Spec-wise I assumed that cause I run newer games like Dead Space 2 and Shogun 2 on high settings I'd be able to cope with a gamecube game. Are sure it's my computer, could it not be a problem with the iso?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you read my post I said it's not your PC I also said that just because you can run high spec games does not = emulation will be perfect, well not as directly but thats what I said just worded differently

If there was an iso issue it would just crash out, the fault is with the game not being fully emulated causing slow down, this would happed on todays super computers, even N64 emulation will have slow down and other issues with some games on your PC again thats nothing to do with your specs, some of the old saturn emu's will also slow down, there are newer ones though now, even the Dreamcast emulated will have slow downs and errors for some games and all of those are older systems than the GameCube.

Just play the DS version
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-April-2011 at 19:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I already own the DS version and I'm bored of it, hence why I'm so desperately trying to get this one to work. Well not desperately, but I'd have rather played the gamecube version. Never mind they're, all similar. Cheers for your help anyway.

Edit: ahahaa just gave it a test and it's running at 100%. Lovely. Again, thanks a lot.
    Last edited by kraid; 19th-April-2011 at 22:19.