Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble Burning PSX .bin file

Thanks

Exclamation Having trouble Burning PSX .bin file

Hey there,
    I did a little bit of searching before I posted this. I'm totally new to this and I really look foward to making copies of a couple of games I really like to play on my Ps2. Is it possible to burn a PSX iso/bin image file and work on PS2 just fine? or Modding is needed?
    But my most top question right now is.. with this game I got from Here recently CTR (Crash team Racing) as it only came with a bin file. Works fine with Emulators and such. And I decided to try to burn it onto a CD-R disc to play on my PS2 console. I'm not a pro when it comes to different modes of burning PSX image files. I used ImgBurn and took the bin and burned it right on the fly. I'm sure I did something wrong because my PS2 is not reading anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: I think I need to create a .cue file. I'll try that now and put an edit post again for more updates.. Using ImgBurn to create .cue file for .bin...
    Last edited by Billy Domingo Dyar; 16th-April-2011 at 06:03.

Thanks

Yeah, you need a way to boot PSX games on a PS2, unless your chip supports it, I dunno which model does that, but if you have access to an original PSX game, you can use a PSX loader tool to play your games, I suppose that's why your PS2 isn't reading it at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    Yeah, you need a way to boot PSX games on a PS2, unless your chip supports it, I dunno which model does that, but if you have access to an original PSX game, you can use a PSX loader tool to play your games, I suppose that's why your PS2 isn't reading it at all.
    Ok so I need to look for a PSX loader for the PS2? I got 2 PS2's here. One slim PS2 and the other is the Bulky SCPH 5000 series.. The one I tested the CTR game was the bulky one. Should I try the slim one? BTW Thanks for your fast reply.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Neither will boot it, without a mod

You may be able to softmod both PS2 systems with freemc or have a friend create a freemc memcard for you

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Neither will boot it, without a mod

You may be able to softmod both PS2 systems with freemc or have a friend create a freemc memcard for you
    Ok. I don't know anyone with this knowledge to create a freemc memory card. So how do you create it? Thanks in advance

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Instruction can be found at
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...lease-wait-WIP)

just google for the needed files I never got round to fixing it yet, lack of time....

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Instruction can be found at
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...lease-wait-WIP)

just google for the needed files I never got round to fixing it yet, lack of time....
    Sweet man. I saw a guide kinda like this but really confusing. Your guide seems really easy to understand just by the looks of it. I'll just google the names to get the links np about that. Anyway thanks for your time! I'll post back here if any problems occur

Edit: Got a question though. I did the burning for the PSX game of CTR correctly? just burn from .bin from the fly?? Or that is not the correct way?

Thanks
    EP Points

no you did burn it correctly you can burn .bin's straight to a disc
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Ok thanks Bennieboi20. So I followed your tutorial Zorlon and I got stuck at Post 3.. I followed the mod chip that can only boot CD-R's & DVD+/-R's method.. It ain't reading anything. I don't even think it reads USB sticks XD because no reaction. I don't much but yea I got all the files required and burned files to CD and yea didn't load. Sorry if I'm causing lots of trouble for you. XD

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I also forgot to add that the guide does not include the PSX mod but the freemc boot/ESR mod can boot the PSX loader anyway

PSX Launcher.elf that I attached

ESR is for running DVD ps2 games only (PS2 CD games must be converted to DVD if possible)
    Freemc boot can run elf files from your memcard or usb

Both the above are installed with the guide

EDIT:

Burning PSX cd images is always best to burn via a cue file not directly from a bin file, if you nabbed one of our PSX games from the 3000+ set that you need to unecm, you also require the cue sheet, you can get those from the attached file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-April-2011 at 10:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I also forgot to add that the guide does not include the PSX mod but the freemc boot/ESR mod can boot the PSX loader anyway

PSX Launcher.elf that I attached

ESR is for running DVD ps2 games only (PS2 CD games must be converted to DVD if possible)
    Freemc boot can run elf files from your memcard or usb

Both the above are installed with the guide

EDIT:

Burning PSX cd images is always best to burn via a cue file not directly from a bin file, if you nabbed one of our PSX games from the 3000+ set that you need to unecm, you also require the cue sheet, you can get those from the attached file
    Wow thanks. So I just take that PSX Launcher.elf and replace all those ESR elf files with this one?

Edit: I don't even think the Ps2 has a mod chip in it. Yea I didn't even clearly know what Mod chip was. XD There is no possible way to do this free without spending money? if not I'll just have to get something like SwapMagic or something since it's more easier than modding the ps2.
    Last edited by Billy Domingo Dyar; 16th-April-2011 at 18:52.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Aswell as not instead of

as for the mod chip thats why I said or a friend do it for you...

I believe if you have 007 Agent Under Fire for the PS2 you can exploit it to boot the Swopmagic elf [very small console mod needed for slim ps2 or cog swop for bulky ps2 recomend slim for that]

Certain cheat CD's also let you install elf files

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Aswell as not instead of

as for the mod chip thats why I said or a friend do it for you...

I believe if you have 007 Agent Under Fire for the PS2 you can exploit it to boot the Swopmagic elf [very small console mod needed for slim ps2 or cog swop for bulky ps2 recomend slim for that]

Certain cheat CD's also let you install elf files
    Ok I'm going to use Cogswap method. Watching a youtube tutorial on how to. XD It seems the only free option. I have to copy a original PS2 game and make a copy with cogswap in it. and Switch disc after PS2 logo passes at the right time. then load Ulauncher elf with a disc and then install Free MCBoot. something like that.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

something like that yeah, not a great way but possible

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

something like that yeah, not a great way but possible
    Ok once I get this method working I'll post again if I get any troubles along the way XD.

Edit 1: Hehe I give up on that method. If I keep trying to quick swap discs I'll burn out the motor on that ps2. Plus it is a slim chance you get it to work and I wasted a couple of dvd's... I'll just buy SwapMagic 3 as it's the easiest alternative.

Edit 2: Wow, I didn't listen carefully.. AFTER the logo screen then swap. Now it works. XD. I did more research with this method. You can also use PSXloader. It will stop the drive to insert a psx burned game and should play fine. Idk if this really works. It's what I've heard people say.

Edit 3: Ok so here is the Youtube video I followed "CogSwap Loader" Method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmNYbtvhUxo It works. I did a second disc I burned with ULauncher.elf renamed according to the PS2 SCU file name. and replaced it with the renamed Ulauncher.elf file. and I can Load the CogSwap Loader screen but not the second DVD I made with the renamed Ulauncher.elf file. It's a black screen. Other people have this problem also.
    Last edited by Billy Domingo Dyar; 17th-April-2011 at 06:38.