Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Testers wanted for Xbox1 Phantasy Star Online mod

I'm bringing the online quests to the offline game in this mod (including the Download quest)

This is a project I have been looking at for some time now, but only just got round to doing something with it, I have played a little of Central Dome Fire Swirl that I placed in instead of the Training Mission and was crazy enough to jump into it at lvl1 (I really need to play through the offline quests myself, this is one of the reasons it's been on hold, I have played through this game many times on Dreamcast and Gamecube but not on xbox.. yet)

You require a softmodded Xbox1
    The offline hacked version of PSO
    A save that you have completed the game (atleast episode 1 (basicly to unlock all the quests and have a good lvl character))
    ftp setup for adding files

you will need to make a copy of the game on your HDD (the save will be recognised by the copy) [Can be done directly on the xbox if already on there once]

I will send a new copy of the main xbe (just has a new tittle so you can tell what is modeed and whats not)

For now I'm not hacking the quest counter text so it will still have the normal quests listed there even though these are replaced (I have tested editing it though and it is possible (though with limitations))

I will send the online quests to you with instructions for install

basicly I need to know if there any issues with any of the online quests (these are played offline) any info including if questx can't realy be played as a single player quest (Maximum Attack 2 may be one of those not play tested it though)

Reports wanted
    Quote Originally Posted by Report
    Character starting Level/Class: e.g. Level 20 Male HUmar
    Quest name: e.g. Central Dome Fire Swirl
    Quest difuculty: e.g. Found it hard going (I did at level 1 lol)
    Notes: e.g. Quest too hard for level 1, quest can't be done as single a player, quest crashed out, quest needs a gun, any other side notes
    I have also been thinking of making all the offline and online quests playable as multiplayer offline (I need to do some testing first though)

Note:- there are too many online quests to make this with one copy 25 normal offline quests, but about 40 online

Quests online only at the moment (can't be played via xbox1 at all at the moment) [some are custom mods not by me]

in the spoiler is a list of online quests
    Spoiler warning:
    Central Dome Fire Swirl
    Lost HEAT SWORD
    Lost ICE SPINNER
    The Tinkerbell's Dog 2
    St. Valentine's Day
    White Day
    Mop-up Operation #1
    Mop-up Operation #2
    Mop-up Operation #3
    Mop-up Operation #4
    Lost SOUL BLADE
    Endless Nightmare #1
    Endless Nightmare #2
    Endless Nightmare #3
    Endless Nightmare #4
    Today's Rate
    Towards the Future
    Rappy's Holiday
    Gallon's Treachery
    Labyrinthine Trial
    Dream Messenger
    Pioneer Warehouse
    Reach for the dream
    Gallon's Shop
    Maximum Attack 2
    The Principal's Gift
    Seat of the Heart
    The East Tower
    The West Tower
    Blue Star Memories
    Respective Tomorrow
    Festivity On The Beach
    Phantasmal World #1
    Phantasmal World #2
    Phantasmal World #3
    Phantasmal World #4
    MAXIMUM ATTACK 1 Ver2
    MAXIMUM ATTACK 2 Ver2
    Beach Laughter
    Dream Messenger
    Pioneer Christmas
    Tower Mop Up
    The Construct

Also I will try and keep all linked quests together you could have a backup of "original quests", "online quests part 1" & "online quests part 2" on your xbox hdd and copy over one of the backups to be able to play all the quests with one hdd install of PSO (this is a todo idea I have not looked through all the quests in detail yet there are already good online guides for the online quests)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-April-2011 at 09:53.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

[Update]

Found more quests I can add, also looking at how some of the online/offline quests are linked I may be doing it so those can be done with one game/playthrough without changing quests round.

I am almost ready to-do my own testing, though if there is no real intertest in this little project it will be kept private.

The final version will have the correct quests listed at the guild, testers won't see this as I am only looking to see how playable each online quest is as a single player

Still not tested adding quests to the multiplayer section, but can't see it being an issue yet (though have read that another player had an issue with a timer being used but I think I can fix that (don't think it was added correctly by that player))

Interest in this project, players and testers alike can vote here, though if anyone is interested in any testing please post aswell (at the same place linked)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-April-2011 at 18:51.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I Have a Chipped Xbox and could assist in testing,

Id have to locate a offline PSO mind you and what nots if you wish you could pm me more about this maybe we could work something out, would be good to dust off the ol' xbox 1

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'll megaupload a copy tomorrow the xbox version is missing from EP's XBOX games list anyway it's only apx 1.5gig

I will need to make an iso though but shouldn't take that long to do

You can test from a new game but it will be very hard for some missions while others require no fighting at all
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-April-2011 at 20:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    I'll megaupload a copy tomorrow the xbox version is missing from EP's XBOX games list anyway it's only apx 1.5gig

I will need to make an iso though but shouldn't take that long to do

You can test from a new game but it will be very hard for some missions while others require no fighting at all
    Coolies ill get cracking on this when I'm back from town

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Testing nearing the end

I have even edited the quest board fully

Play testing single player still (online quests in offline mode)

FINAL SINGLE PLAYER LIST I hope, had a couple of last minute changes

1. Lost Heat Sword
    2. Reach for the Dream [GBA key item Chu Chu Rocket]
    3. Pioneer Christmas [GBA key item Nights Score Attack]
    4. St. Valentine's Day [Female only]
    5. White Day [Male only]
    6. Lost Ice Spinner
    7. Blue Star Memories [Gamecube key item Episode III quest]
    8. Dream Messenger
    9. Today's Rate
    10. Lost Soul Blade
    11. Central Dome Fire Swirl
    12. Rappy's Holiday
    13. Towards The Future
    14. Festivity On The Beach
    15. The Tinkerbell's Dog
    16. Respective Tomorrow
    17. Seat of the Heart
    18. Tower Mop Up
    19. The Construct
    20. The East Tower
    21. The West Tower
    22. Gallon's Shop [GBA key item Puyo Pop]
    23. Maximum Attack 1
    24. Maximum Attack 2
    25. Beach Laughter

Notes:
    • Completed the Quest Board Editing
    • GBA/GameCube Key Items can not be used to DL games to GBA doh!!! (Asides from that, I did not add the Quest with the GBA station)
    • Episode III quest item can not be registered (it will crash the Xbox if you try to register it, just make sure you don't)
    • Some quests after you have claimed your prize at the counter will not let you move, just save and quit to fix this.
    • Endless Nightmare 1 to 4 missing
    • Mop Up 1 to 4 missing
    • Phantasmal World 1 to 4 missing
    • 2+ Player quests not added or tested yet

I am also seeing if the PAL version of the game can be Offline patched FTPing now this is in hope that you can change language, if this is possible I may be able to have all online and offline quests playable from one DVD/HDD install, the NTSC version does not let you change language ingame can't be done, not with the available patch (may of been able to hex edit it if I knew what was changed in the NTSC version, from what I read there is no PAL 60Hz anyway though)

Only play tested up to white day, I have tested alot more than that but I need to make sure I have not made any mistakes plus before I was not saving as I went along so lost any leveling progress/items collected, not fully tested St. Valentines Day, I'm male so can't play that one, will have to make a female up and play Episode 1 through.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-April-2011 at 22:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I've got a softmodded xbox and the PSOX Offline version, I would LOVE to help you playtest these things!

Also not sure if it's beacause I *just* registered for this, but when I click the PSO link in your signature, it tells me my account can't do something.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Testing is complete (just about) but if you want my hack I'm happy to upload a copy for you

For now it replaces the offline quests, I could make it replace another language only so if you change the language of the xbox from the original dashboard you get the online only quests in offline mode but I never tested doing that at all with it being a pain to do that, so it's just best to have 2 coppies of the game

FINAL SINGLE PLAYER LIST

1. Lost Heat Sword [Very Easy]
    2. Reach for the Dream [GBA key item Chu Chu Rocket] [Very Easy]
    3. Pioneer Christmas [GBA key item Nights Score Attack] [Very Easy quest]
    4. St. Valentine's Day [Female only] [Very Easy quest]
    5. White Day [Male only] [Very Easy quest]
    6. Lost Ice Spinner [Very Easy quest]
    7. Blue Star Memories [Gamecube key item Episode III quest] [Toughish quest]
    8. Dream Messenger [Toughish quest]
    9. Today's Rate [Tough to Very Tough quest]
    10. Lost Soul Blade [Toughish questl]
    11. Central Dome Fire Swirl [Toughish quest]
    12. Rappy's Holiday [Toughish quest]
    13. Towards The Future
    14. Festivity On The Beach
    15. The Tinkerbell's Dog
    16. Respective Tomorrow
    17. Seat of the Heart [Tough quest]
    18. Tower Mop Up
    19. The Construct
    20. The East Tower [Very Tough quest]
    21. The West Tower [Very Tough quest]
    22. Gallon's Shop [GBA key item Puyo Pop]
    23. Maximum Attack 1
    24. Maximum Attack 2
    25. Beach Laughter
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-April-2011 at 19:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I would love to help testing. The only problem my save was deleted, but i can easily beat the game today . I can't wait utill you implement 2+ Player quests! not just for me, but for all the people who never played this game before and for my future kids .

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will get this up for you tomorrow, had a busy day, but should get a bit of free time tomorrow

Time provided I will test multi player a bit more I did get it working sort of but had issues, may of just been the quests not ftp'd correctly or just happened that the quest I did test was not working to start with aswell...

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PM sent, got this uploaded this morning

As for Multiplayer... been testing this morning, although the stage replacing does indeed work, using a multiplayer level in the multiplayer modes does not.

Challenge mode teliports you directly to Ragol in an area you can not move

Battle mode gets further you are still teleported to the same area that you can't move, but in that mode you can teleport back out to Pioneer2 then you get the normal quest yep (though this is offscreen) after that you can go to the normal teleport but then player 1 is unable to move and player 2 can move, but starts in a different location and no monsters in sight and no way of completing the quest...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-April-2011 at 08:30.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Do you think the structure of the multiplayer quest files (battle/challenge) are exactly the same as the online quest files? I'm not exactly sure if you're doing any hex editing, but I would check to see if there are any flags in the battle files or maybe there is information missing that is usually specified in a battle file (starting point, ect) that the game is looking for.

You might already know this, but im just trying to help.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the actual quest file stucture is no different, what is different is desided by outside files, no hex editing of quests is needed but they do need converting corectly

battle and challenge quest files are no different to singleplayer files

the only hex changes I have done are the quest board and thats just text

extrernal files teliport you at the start of a battle/challenge aswell as the zoom used in the split screen that cuts out text bubbles.. ect I also noticed you can't talk to NPC's this is also controled via external files that has that disabled in all multiplayer modes (except for sales/item storage and the guild counter)

I might get away with missions that are basicly single player levels and in the forrest area/area that you are initially teliported to, but battle there will be 0 monsters and challenge you can not teleport back to get your quest info to actually play the quest
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-April-2011 at 13:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]