Thread: Sega Saturn Game Region Patcher link

Thanks

Default Sega Saturn Game Region Patcher link

alright earlier i posted a problem about running saturn games that arent of north america region and while that advise i was given to just change the bios n area code worked, i found an awesome download that patches the jap,us,Europe to any region i tried this and it worked like a charm found it here http://ssftribute.csdprojects.co.uk/downloads click on 3.0 gold edition

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would avoid it, it corrupts some games, admittedly thats more for those that burn games for use on actual hardware.

To fix that though you just need to use CDMage on the patched CD image, scan for corrupt sectors then hit repair, unless they have accounted for this issue but I can't see it.

Just stick to one bios image and just change the area code, ssf should remember the setup for each game individually after you correct it, if you ever do buy a Saturn enabled to play backups you would end up needing to fix all those patched games.

The patch software is realy just there for owner of the Saturn hardware enabled to play backups, the patch will let those users play other region games.

Just to note that site is no way part of the official ssf development
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-April-2011 at 12:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

it does work tho every jap or europe game i downloaded i used the patch n it worked but hey to each thier own

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For emulation yes for hardware no, because it creates errors in the CD structure that needs to be fixed

providing you don't share patched games and your only using them for personal use with ssf ect... I see no harm in it, but if the emulation gets even more acurate with updates those games may become unplayable at a later date

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR