Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ever Felt Not Guilty For Downloading A Game?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For about .000000000000025 seconds; after that short time I realized that I buy games from the only two companies I give a crap about (NISA and Obsidian). Since XSEED brought over Lunar, Ys, and now, Legend of Heroes, I'm going to buy stuff from them. Everything else I buy used or get at my library, the exception being 360 games since I'm like... The only person on EP without a modded 360 .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Yes, there are times when I don't exactly feel guilt. Mostly with games that are a bajillion years old and no one honestly gives a fuck anymore. If it's on GOG.com, though, I'll get it legally. That's what GOG is for, after all.
    Good summary. Basically, if the game is unattainable through any other means, I won't feel guilty about downloading it. If it IS, I usually won't download it, unless I"m not 100% certain as to if I want it. In that case I search for a demo, and if that's not found, I'll download the full game. I'll delete it afterwards if the game is shit, or otherwise I"ll buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I've felt guilty for purchasing some games, does it count?
    Oh hell yes.

I felt guilty for supporting companies like EA when I bought Red Alert 3 and C&C4, for example

EDIT: Oh, I also will download Heroes of Might and Magic VI when it gets released if UbiSoft slams their DRM on it. I want that game, but I do NOT want UbiSoft's permanent online bullshit with it. If they ditch the DRM, I'll buy the game, most assuredly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by touche View Post
    I only download games if they are for a console. I don't feel bad 'cause the piracy rate is lower, and I'm a minority.

However, on a PC, I never pirate games...unless I hate the developer, or it's out of production.
    I`m exactly like this. If my pc was powerful enough to emulate 360/Ps3 games, I`d me going it.
    However when I pirated Minecraft, I felt terrible, and it was even worse since they were indie. Unless it`s a program that cost`s like, a bajillion dollors, even if it doesnt deserve to be(Adobe Photoshop )
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks

Anything from SquareEnix. I do not feel guilty for.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.

Thanks

The better question should be when I do feel guilty about it. I honestly don't 99.9% of the time.

Thanks

All the time. Most games are shit nowadays and basically scream download so you don't waste $60 dollars on it.

Thanks

If it's in this gen, then yes, I feel guilty if the game is actually good. When I have the money, I'll buy it. Then again, I feel guilt for about a minute before I realize that I only ever buy games that "wow" me. 99% of the stuff on emuparadise doesn't make me feel any guilt at all. If its good, I've payed for it at some point in my life, and if I haven't, its so fucking old, nobody cares. Especially me.

Thanks

I only really download classic games, like old Street Fighters for MAME and a few different types of older games. I don't feel guilty in the slightest, because it's not like capcom or anyone else is still making money from them. In fact, a few games i've emulated actually made the companies money. I had been downloading the game boy advanced Fire Emblem games, and that's what got me into buying the Gamecube and Wii ones.

Thanks

Not once have I felt guilty about downloading a game. Do you feel guilty if you barrow a game from a friend? I consider it the same thing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Guilt is for teh weak.

Nuff said.

Thanks
    EP Points

never. i dont have the money to buy these games and i wasnt around when they were even out
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Very rarely. Especially since I don't emulate newer consoles, with the sole exception of DS. And most of the games that I download for the DS are to try them out to decide if I want to purchase them or not.
    Thankfully, I've managed to avoid a few really bad purchases because I've been able to test them out beforehand.

Everything else, they are out of print and not making any money on them anymore anyways. NES/SNES/PSX, for the most part. Although some of the titles are available again on PSN, or remade for the DS, but it's just not the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    For about .000000000000025 seconds; after that short time I realized that I buy games from the only two companies I give a crap about (NISA and Obsidian). Since XSEED brought over Lunar, Ys, and now, Legend of Heroes, I'm going to buy stuff from them. Everything else I buy used or get at my library, the exception being 360 games since I'm like... The only person on EP without a modded 360 .
    You aren't the only one here with an unmodded x360 :/

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

... since I'm like... The only person on EP without a modded 360 .
    I don't even own a 360.

Thanks
    EP Points

Your not the only one without a modded 360. However there is a softmod right now for it that allows you to use the 2nd profile glitch to play GoD games and XBLA titles (as well as dlc and what not). It really depends I haven't felt that piracy has hurt that many consoles I've played on. The Wii I bought all my games for it and then got pissed on the ones that I wanted whose price never fell down (looking at you All first-party titles) and the fact that I just absolutely love the homebrew community on the Wii. The 360 and PS3 have captivated my interest so far so I haven't really had too much of a reason to mod those. The DS and PSP I mainly hacked for homebrew, however some titles I do intend to buy make it onto those units.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007