Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tired of Pokemon?

Thanks

I've played all of them except for yellow. I couldn't beat Brock no matter how high I got my Pikachu. I should play it one of these days...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by sockesocke View Post
    only played platinum so far but i really enjoyed it, i could understand if someone played all of them and is bored by now lol.
    That IS sort of the problem with the series. There is a sameness to it now that they can't seem to get away from.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Pokemon has gotten dramatically boring for me. I was a big fan of it but it gotten so boring once you complete it and I didn't even want to bother restarting the game. I'm not even going to bother getting Black or White, I'd rather get Mario vs. Donkey kong Mini-land Mayhem. Now there's a good game I just noted I'd rather get. I don't like the main series pokemon games, I prefer the spin-offs like Pokemon ranger, Pokemon snap, Pokemon Puzzle League, Pokemon Trozei but the one spin-off that bores me out most of the time is pokemon mystery dungeon. RPG's bore me out really. I'm not as much as an RPG fan as I used to be, I'm more of a puzzle fan, platformer fan, action fan and adventure fan. Pokemon hasn't got enough adventure in the main series pokemon games. I just can't be bothered whatsoever training pokemon anymore.
    Xludo73, Probably the UK's best Mario Gamer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Too many

Yeah, the games are getting boring because Nintendo is bombarding us all with more and more games and you play them SO MANY TIMES any it just... gets annoying after a while. The Pokemon Ranger series are fine because there's only three games in the series...
    Last edited by OmegaDebu; 15th-March-2011 at 00:38. Reason: Forgot something

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No. Nuff said.

Thanks

No and yes. While I am getting a little bored of the same style, it is still enough for me to sink a good 50+ hours to try to catch the legendary pokemon, main story included. Although I have recently pondered buying DQ Monsters for the DS. Like pokemon in a dragon quest environment.
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mega-death1 View Post
    No and yes. While I am getting a little bored of the same style, it is still enough for me to sink a good 50+ hours to try to catch the legendary pokemon, main story included. Although I have recently pondered buying DQ Monsters for the DS. Like pokemon in a dragon quest environment.
    Actually, I do have to concur here. I generally ignore the actual story of Pokemon nowadays and just have fun catching and training Pokemon, and trying like Hell to catch the legendary ones. For me the fun isn't playing through the game, it's collecting and the hours upon hours (upon hours upon hours) of grinding to make them evolve and battle worthy that actually still has a bit of an appeal to me. Reminds me of sitting in my recliner when I was a kid just playing Pokemon Blue all freakin' day.

Ahhh, good times.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    For me the fun isn't playing through the game, it's collecting and the hours upon hours (upon hours upon hours) of grinding to make them evolve and battle worthy that actually still has a bit of an appeal to me.
    Appeal? Don`t look in pokemon black/white. One of them is a garbage bag.
    Here is somthing by IGN.

I can get over the ones that are just dumb, like a trio of anthropomorphic ice cream dishes, but many of these Pokemon are downright hideous. I love Oshawott, the water starter. I think he's adorable. But then he turns into Samurott, who looks like what hatches from a Poke egg after someone leaves a narwhal and a drunk bear at the Day Care Center. Garbodor conveys the image of a child's art project made only with melted ice cream sandwiches and his father's cigarette butts.
    Last edited by Miss Piggy; 15th-March-2011 at 02:58.
    I can't believe I got the admins to give me a Sesame Street username.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Littledood View Post
    I've played all of them except for yellow. I couldn't beat Brock no matter how high I got my Pikachu. I should play it one of these days...

The trick is to catch a mankey to the west of viridian city and get it to level 12

Sent from my LG Optimus S using Tapatalk

Thanks

Well, I liked it up until Pokèmon Crystal and the Pokèmon Stadium 2 game. Beyond that, it lost its appeal to me. I just don't have enough time to grind.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega-death1 View Post
    YOU HAVE DAIRY QUEEN MONSTERS!? GIVE ME SOME DUDE!

Supreme Warrior Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Littledood View Post
    YOU HAVE DAIRY QUEEN MONSTERS!? GIVE ME SOME DUDE!

try fitting that in a pokeball

Thanks

I still enjoying playing Pokemon. I'm halfway through Black right now. But, to be honest. They need to stop rehashing the same-type story, sound effects, etc. It's time for something new. They need to make one completely 3D instead of this over-the-top camera view. It needs a revamp, because it is quite repetitive, but nevertheless addicting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme Warrior View Post

try fitting that in a pokeball
    Wow that thing is giant. O.O

Supreme Warrior Guest