Thread: Anyone else going to be playing the Rift MMORPG?

Thanks

Default Anyone else going to be playing the Rift MMORPG?

Greetings, friends.
    If you play MMORPGs, you owe it to yourself to try the Rift Beta.
    The final (and open!) beta starts this Tuesday and will last about a week before the beta servers go down and the game itself opens up to pre-orders the next day (March 1st for non pre-orders).

Official website is here: http://www.riftgame.com/en/index.php

As for the game itself, like any good MMORPG it copies a lot from previous MMOs. WoW players will be at home in it, although there's some key differences.

-2 factions, Guardian and Defiant. Guardians are religious dorks and defiant are steampunk dorks.

-There's 4 archetype "callings", and each one has 8 "souls" that you can assign 3 at a time. It's like WoW's talent trees except you can mix stuff up a lot more.
    Like rogue has something like: Assassin, Elemental-type dude, swashbuckler, tank (yes rly), bard, and so on.
    PIC IS RELATED

-The namesake of the game, Rifts, open up a lot and create invasions of various towns and outposts and crap. It's quite awesome. The vast majority of the rewards you get from this stuff is directly related to your contribution to closing it and as such the loot isn't shared, which helps a lot. Oh yeah, you automatically form teams for most of this stuff, which is a nice bonus.

Yaunsdoiusanodasnoadsa I ran out of motivation because I need to sleep, but it's a cool game. I plan to play on a PvP server and probably as Guardian since it will most likely have fewer players.
    Last edited by KnightofNachos; 11th-February-2011 at 07:29.

Thanks

Ill definatly be getting it! I Havn't tried it out yet. But im happy to buy it from what ive seen. Let me know which server you will be on . Looking forward to it!

Thanks

Was going to say "Unless you can't play WoW, there is no point to play rift".

But then i saw the pic.

Have fun.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I was thinking about it, but between DCUO and Atlantica, I have no time for another MMO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Was going to say "Unless you can't play WoW, there is no point to play rift".
    But then i saw the pic..
    Heh it's just forum. WoW only keeps me for when I'm leveling and doing the dungeons/raids for the first time. Since I already did them for this expansion, I'm done with it.
    I'm usually helpful on that forum, but now and then I make a joke remark and I think they have a Kotick filter bot that combs through the forums and auto-banned me for it.

I won't risk my main account getting banned, I can probably get a few hundred for it. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by slyjoshie View Post
    Ill definatly be getting it! I Havn't tried it out yet. But im happy to buy it from what ive seen. Let me know which server you will be on . Looking forward to it!
    Yeah I still need to figure this one out. I'll probably be checking the official forums and seeing what kind of guilds are going on. I'll let you know when I decide, or IF I decide. It DOES need to be a PvP server, though!

Thanks
    EP Points

I might try the open beta if I have nothing better to do at the time. I always play on PvE servers, though.

Thanks

Eh im not to impressed tbh, imho it just looks like a wow clone, art styling is similar and gameplay mechanics are similar to wow aswel. I'll pass, ive wasted enough of my life with wow

I am your usual forum loiterer...depleating bandwidth one post at a time.

If you download, don't forget to thank

Must keep kouen off the front page of PSP Uploads

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Judging by history it will come, get its 5 mins of fame then go to the graveyard (of low population) like many other dearly departed mmo's

* Warhammer
    * Age of Conan
    * Aion
    * Final Fantasy

To name a few.

Maybe if there was a few friends I could consider it, but im not caring that much knowing like most others it will bomb after a few months, if it survives 6 months I might look.... might.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Judging by history it will come, get its 5 mins of fame then go to the graveyard (of low population) like many other dearly departed mmo's

* Warhammer
    * Age of Conan
    * Aion
    * Final Fantasy

To name a few.

Maybe if there was a few friends I could consider it, but im not caring that much knowing like most others it will bomb after a few months, if it survives 6 months I might look.... might.
    This summarises my thoughts on the matter pretty well. Plus, I'm a quite active WoW player. If Rift sucks me in (heh) I'd be wasting time on TWO of these bloody MMO's. I'm about to start my bloody Master's degree, so that ain't happening.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol, u got troll banned, but seriously the only MMO i play is Wakfu and that's only cause i like the show

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks

I have given up on MMO's. I am a huge PvPer and have been since Ultima Online. The terms rez killer, ninja, and greifers are some I help create by being that kind of asshole. When they made that game more casual I stopped. I went onto WoW which had no penalty to death and no real motivation to PvP so I quit that. The only reason I would play an MMO is for PvP but I get my PvP now from SF4, Blaz Blue, MvC3 and luckily my local arcade still has some competitors.

Until they make an MMO were you can kill someone, loot all his epic shit from him, then cut of his head to place in your trophy room of your 3 story Villa, I will be sticking with corner trapping noobs with Gouken.
    Practice does not make perfect, it makes permanent.