Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When did you get your first M (15 / 18) rated game?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    Doesn't matter. I was 24 before they started rating them
    Is there an old persons club here somewhere?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Is there an old persons club here somewhere?
    Jackhammer and I have to vote you in

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Doesn't matter. I was 24 before they started rating them
    I want old person stories to tell too. "back in the day"

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    This is setting all unrated games aside, such as those for the NES or DOS. not that I can remember any of the DOS titles I would have played, and some of those NES games can get a bit racy.
    NES stuff was T at best. Seeing as Nintendo censored the fuck out of things, at worst (best?) you got stuff like:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mclainbarbosa View Post
    Way back when, during the glory days of Leisure Suit Larry is a DOS. My uncle, it damaged my poor fragile little mind and he twisted and evil, that I am eternally lust tits 2d.
    Holy shit, bots really are getting kinda impressive.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Jackhammer and I have to vote you in
    In other words, I have to stay being a lonely hobo.

*goes back to cardboard box*

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

My cousin gave us his super nintendo when my brother and I were 4 and 6 respectively. He gave us a good chunk of games, including Killer Instinct. My mom was pissed to say the least. But my dad convinced her to let us play it as long as we played as riptor being as he isn't a human. haha.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MondayHopscotch View Post
    My cousin gave us his super nintendo when my brother and I were 4 and 6 respectively. He gave us a good chunk of games, including Killer Instinct. My mom was pissed to say the least. But my dad convinced her to let us play it as long as we played as riptor being as he isn't a human. haha.
    Of course. Can't have you associate murder with humanity! Why, murder is so inhuman, not a single human being would do so! Plus, the moment you would play as a human your next step would naturally be to get a steak knife and start butchering people!

Thanks
    EP Points

The first M-Rated game I got was Mortal Kombat. The first one I bought (or rather had someone buy it with my money) was Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks

I think the first violent game I played was GTA 3. Then my mum took one look at it and back the the shop it went

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Or just graphically violent game if your selection predates ESRB or you live in a region that doesn't use it.

Mine was the first Resident Evil when I was 15. my folks wouldn't let me within 100 feet of it until I was old enough, which was kinda hypocritical of em since they let me watch nightmare on elm street at 8. I'm also pleased to report that as an adult I have never had any urge to murder the innocent. Could it be Fox News has been *gasp!* overreacting?!

So what age did you get you first 18+ game? If you were under 18 did playing the game in fact turn you into the cannibalistic puppy raping terrorist that Fox claimed it would?
    mine was the same as yours but i was 10 when i got resident evil

Thanks

I don't recall the age. I think Maximum Carnage for the Genesis might have been the first, though. (Although I think that was still before the ESRB officially took over, so the Mature rating was done by the V.R.C. or something?)

Thanks

The first time my mom bought me one was when I was like 8. I think it was Mortal Kombat or something and I loved it.

I remember that my mom never really had a problem with me playing violent games like that.

And for the record, I didn't end up fucked up or violent at all, so it was cool. The most that happened was I got scared or grossed out by some fatalities (Is that his whole skeleton coming out of his mouth? GAHHHHH!). That was the only really violent stuff I played back then, because RE scared the piss outta me as a kid and I couldn't play it.

Thanks

The first mature title I played was Mortal Kombat at my local bowling alley. I was 11 years old. I didn't bowl one game that day. Instead I blew all my money trying to perform or see all the fatalities in the game. I used to go crazy when someone would do a pit fatality.