Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Games you wish you could unplay

Thanks

Shadowrun for XBOX 360 is also online only.

I would unplay these games:

Cannon Fooder (all versions)
    Cyber Knight (SFC)
    Axelay (SNES)
    Impossamole (TG-16)
    Killzone 1 (PS2)
    Pepsiman (PSX)

Quit double posting or you're getting a warning. - Inferno.
    Last edited by Inferno.; 30th-January-2011 at 10:14.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, I've never played a game I didn't at least find some enjoyment with that I stuck with, although I do wish I stopped playing Tales of Legendia at the halfway point...

Spoiler warning:
    I missed Vaclav because then I had to deal with the true villains being a pissed off race, which always leads to the dumbest and most cliched JRPG plots. At least Vaclav was entertaining, beating women and children every five seconds. The English VA had a blast with that guy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I seem to remember an SNES game called Lagoon that was an absolute piece of crap.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot about Quake 2(PC) in singleplayer. That game was so awful, i think i threw it away.
    Last edited by KajDarkwind; 30th-January-2011 at 05:09.

Thanks

I can't remember the name of the game, but it was on psx, based on mars, you had to control 3 characters and keep them from getting to close to one another or they would go crazy and kill each other or something... It was so bad I can't even remember the name, even though I know it has Mars in it somewhere...
    This is the way the world ends.
    This is the way the world ends...

Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2zulu View Post
    SOCOM Confrontation, that game had so much potential, but it crashed and burned. It taught me a lesson; double check a box to see if its online only, and never buy a game that is online only.
    Yea that will only crash and burn... Especially if its EA they love to turn servers off as soon as the new one is out

But ya for the most part people flock into a games multiplayer then abandon it maybe 3 months later.. Like Wipeout Pulse I cant find no one online to have a race against

Thanks
    EP Points

There is one other game that comes to mind. I hadn't heard of it before, but it has a minor cult status in that it's so absolutely cataclysmically bad that it may well hold the top spot of worst game in history:

Big Rigs over the Road Racing.

Tried it because a mate told me it was really hilariously awful. He was right. I just thought it slightly less hilarious and more physically painful, though I can see the hilarity now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevedave333 View Post
    I can't remember the name of the game, but it was on psx, based on mars, you had to control 3 characters and keep them from getting to close to one another or they would go crazy and kill each other or something... It was so bad I can't even remember the name, even though I know it has Mars in it somewhere...
    Martian Gothic

I would unplay Fairytale Fights
    Last edited by godyuan; 30th-January-2011 at 14:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

disney games. childrens games harder than hast to be. final fantasy 7, final fantasy 13, final fantasy 3! both of them lol

Thanks

FF8, so I can play it again without blowing my brains out, awesome the first time around, then it's just lame, same goes for all final fantasys

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by blackfedora55 View Post
    FF8, so I can play it again without blowing my brains out, awesome the first time around, then it's just lame, same goes for all final fantasys
    Realized the flaws of the plot and it got to you? Happened to me.

It's a shame because it does everything else right.

Thanks

Guardians Crusade on the PS1. I only really played it because at the time I didn't have anything else to play and I happened to have a friends copy on my at the time. It was just about tolerable but I hated the graphics, the story and the fact that the whole game is based largely around one character in battles. You do have a pink sidekick but can barely control what he does. I did finish the game though all the way through, however it is definitely not something id have bothered with normally.

Jade Cocoon also on the PS1. It was over with very quickly and never seemed to go anywhere.

Saga Unlimited PS2. I got this because it was cheap at the time. (ive noticed it selling for more than it used to these days on ebay) and the box art lured me in. I noticed it got some bad results but what was going on in that game. It's the only rpg ive ever seen that looks like you are controlling a flat pixelised 2d character moving in jumps on a board game in the whole enviroment, and when you enter towns, it's all still images like vadal hearts (but thats a much much better game). The battles are 3D and look good, but the battle system is really odd too. I also hated the treasure chests. Whenever you find them, you have to play a game of spin the wheel and if you hit the wrong thing, you get bombed and start to lose lots of health. So all the items you find, you run the risk of getting killed before you can get them. I think there are ways of slowing them down though as you develop your skills.

I played about 7 hours of it and just stopped in the end.

Clock Tower 2. Horrible game which I tried to persevere with but had an alarmingly bad consistent approach to it's puzzles and endings.

I'd also like to include the many many many many many uses of GF's in battles in FFVIII. The game I got into, but having to use those continually did my nut in.
    Last edited by soultrix; 30th-January-2011 at 19:35.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by godyuan View Post
    Martian Gothic

I would unplay Fairytale Fights
    Thank you! I could not remember the name of that stupid game! I just knew it was the biggest waste of $4.99 EVAR!
    This is the way the world ends...

Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Windy X Windam

There was just... no reason for this game to exist, beyond giving Izuna fans something to touch themselves to because she suffers from Mai syndrome in the game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by localmachine View Post
    Megaman x7 was awful, but i think most people know that.
    So true MM X - X6 were sooo badass for reals, but x7... lets just say it only looks good..
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

MMX-X4 were badass. X5 and X6 were... meh. And I haven't played X7 or X8, but I haven't heard great things about them.