Page 272 of 284 FirstFirst ... 172222262267268269270271272273274275276277282 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4260

Thread: Introductions and Farewells Thread

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix! View Post
    Hi!
    New here! Finally, a site where i can't get banned from for talking about ROMS!
    I have some already patched roms that i would love to post, so if anyone could tell me how that would be much appreciated!

Edit: Here for 3 seconds and already 1 typo in the title
    Dammit
    Pretty easy actually. Basically create a new thread in the uploads section with a nice clearly descriptive title in the appropriate sub section (nintendo,playstation,etc)

Upload your rom/iso to a file hosting site - I personally like using MEGA. And post in your thread. Zipping with a password is a good idea as can lead to your upload lasting longer. Some description of the game, file size and maybe a nice little pic helps too!!

Don't forget to code your links with code tags just type in [code]your game link from file host here[/code] like so.

You can have a look in the uploads section and see some posts to get a better idea as well. If you make a mistake don't worry - a staff memeber will edit your post and let you know what was wrong. Have fun.

Thanks

Hi there ppl, im new here. hopefully i'll fit in here.

Thanks
    EP Points

hello, and welcome.
    yes, i hope so too..
    oh god, run while you can...

Thanks

hi guys new here just trying to find my way around here any help would be gratefull.thnx

Thanks

New poster to the forums, big fan of garbage SNES titles! Hope to make a few friends with similar interests in super nintendo trash!

Thanks
    EP Points

longtime fan first time poster (a few weeks ago)
    /threeboy
    @threeboy :: threeboy.com :: TrueNuff Comic (my webcomic)

Thanks

Noob here. hello all. Can't say I will be much of help to anyone in relation to topics of this forum. but who knows, maybe, someday, probably not, sorry about that in advance.

One question that really made me join to post is trying to decipher what the coding behind the game names in goodsets stand for. I don;t want to post a duplicate thread, so if anyone knows off hand where to direct me, I would appreciate it.

Here's an example of what I'm trying to understand:
    Battle Cars (U) [!]
    Battle Cars (U) [h1+C]
    Battle Cars (U) [h1]
    Battle Cars (U) [h2]
    Battle Cars (U) [h3+C]
    Battle Cars (U) [h3]
    Last edited by mdfb42; 12th-December-2016 at 02:08.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Those are tags GoodTools appended to roms to explain what they were, an explanation of what they all mean can be seen here:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...-for-beginners

[!] Verified Good Dump, is what you'll normally want. But I'm guessing Battle Cars is a Gameboy game? So the +C hacks might be interesting.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Ahh! Thanks a ton! It's actually Super Nintendo. Sick of waiting for NES Classic Mini to come in stock so deciding to make my own with a Pi and putting all the retro consoles on it.

Thanks again

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mdfb42 View Post
    Ahh! Thanks a ton! It's actually Super Nintendo. Sick of waiting for NES Classic Mini to come in stock so deciding to make my own with a Pi and putting all the retro consoles on it.

Thanks again
    I don't have a Pi

But.....
    I have done something like that with my other consoles

Wii tons of emulators plus obviously Wii and GameCube (One of the easiest consoles to mod and can take USB pads or Classic pads for Wii Mote) I went for USB 2TB HDD storage

Xbox got that full of emulators also, I use a PS2 pad mostly with emulators on that (Not complicated to mod but you do need a few extra things) I also replaced the HDD in that from a 8GB one to a 750GB one

PSP for mobile gaming and a number of emulators for that also another one that is really easy to mod (I use a Dual Stick to 2x MicroSD's card with 2 x 32GB Micro SD's for extra storage)

New 3DS XL plenty for that mostly official emulators used though but with extra games injected (Can seem complicated to mod and a risk of bricking or updating incorrectly that will then prevent it from being exploited) or you can use a Flash kit for 3DS software

PSvita though you need to be on a certain firmware for the mod I used to work, yup got emulators on that also but the memcards are very expensive for the Vita

I do own other consoles that this can be done on but those are the top ones to mod with no mod chips used just software modded and with the exception of the 3DS and the Vita you don't need to worry so much as to what Firmware version the console is on, as the latest version of firmware for the others is fine

For a Home console just to mod, I recommend the Wii (Its a more powerful console than you might think it is plus Wii and GC games)

For Mobile gaming the PSP is a nice one, PSP and PSX games are a bonus SNES emulation though can be a bit tricky and was never perfected for some games, megadrive is fine and consoles under those for emulation are fine anyway, GBA is not perfect either from what I remember but most games work perfectly fine

To be honest now maybe a Android Handheld would be a better option for mobile gaming, not saying use a phone, you can get Android based consoles and handhelds

Yes the Vita has more power but you need to be on a certain firmware and there are no downgrade options so if you need to update you have to do this a homebrew way that can be tricky to get working, I already mentioned the 3DS is very brickable, even if you go for a flash kit those only work on certain firmware versions also

For Emulation though a PC is still the best all round option

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hi Im new here used to have an Xbox and run emulators on it, that was a while back now I just got a new rPI 3 so looking forward to enjoying the occasional retro game!

Thanks

New to EP, getting retro and back into the Wii!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by denmark786 View Post
    New to EP, getting retro and back into the Wii!
    Ah man, does "retro" mean 2 generations back now? heheh
    /threeboy
    @threeboy :: threeboy.com :: TrueNuff Comic (my webcomic)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by threeboy View Post
    Ah man, does "retro" mean 2 generations back now? heheh
    The Wii is 10 years old, man. For a lot of kids like 12-16, thats a lifetime ago.

Thanks

Default Hi

Hello there. Just joined here