Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ISO'swont work??

Thanks

Default ISO'swont work??

I tried to download wild arms for the PS1. I download it with firefox, and when I go to open the file, it has to be opened with WinRar. I have downloaded all 5 parts of the game, but when I try to open it, WinRar extracts it and tries to play it in a VLC media player...I also tried downloading RPG maker and it does the same thing..any one know how I can get them to work so I can play them??

Thanks
    EP Points

Play them on ePSXe or pSXFin.
    VLC is obviously set to read .ISOs, or whatever.

Thanks

I have tried, with EpsxE but when I try to play them the screen for the epsxe just goes black, do you know of another program i can download them as, other than WinRar?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Do you have ePSXe properly configured?

http://www.epforums.org/get-started-...x.html?t=45884

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by spiffiestpengui View Post
    I have tried, with EpsxE but when I try to play them the screen for the epsxe just goes black, do you know of another program i can download them as, other than WinRar?
    Wait.... are you trying to play the games before or after you extract them into one file via winrar? Because I've seen someone download and properly configure epsxe, download a game, and try to play the game by forcing all files to be revealed when they click on open iso. I'm asking because when they clicked on the winrar file to try to play it (before extracting, obviously), the screen went black, just as you describe. I don't mean this query to be an insult, just a simple question.

Thanks
    EP Points

if you want to try an alternative emulator google for pSX. The latest version is 1.11

Thanks

What is the files extention of the extracted file(s)?
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

First off, thanks to everyone who is trying to help. I'm pretty sure its set up right, The emulater came with a readme file that guided me through how to set it up, plus the setup wizard was pretty straight forward...I tried playing both before and after extracting and neither one seemed to work. The thing is, I dont know where Winrar is extracting them too, when it is done extracting it opens VLC media player and nothing happens. With RPG maker, there are 2 files, 1 is only like 79 bytes while the other is 14921000 bytes...both say the file type is VLC media file. Maybe I am downloading from the wrong link??

Thanks

Ok opening them in WinRAR is not the same as extracting them. Right-click on the RAR files and go choose the Extract option and it will give you an option of where you want to extract the files to.

From what you're saying the copy of RPG maker you have sounds like a cue/bin image (the .cue file is basically a file that tells the burner software how to burn the .bin file it goes with). I would check VLC's setting to make sure it is not accociated with .cue or .bin files as it shouldn't be in the first place since it will never be able to run these files since they are primarily used as a CD image format.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

Lol, ok, well, now I know how to properly extract them with winrar, thanks for that i always thought it was just extracting over and over everytime I tried to use it...but it is still loading with only a black screen. you are right about the CUE. BIN. file thing, the small file is the cue file while the bin is the big one. Does this mean I downloaded it wrong? Or am I going to have to burn it to a disc to use it??

Thanks

If it extracted without errors then it downloaded correctly. As for it giving you errors you might try playing around with some of ePSXe's settings to see if it works with different setups. You might also want to make sure you're using "Run ISO" and not "Run PS-EXE" as those are 2 different things. Using a program called Daemon Tools and mounting the cue file to one of it's virtual CD/DVD drives and running it in ePSXe that way might also be another option.
    Haldrie's World
    (My official web site.)

My YouTube Channel

Thanks

i have to be doing something wrong here...I downloaded the Daemon tools thing, mounted the file, and didnt know where to go from there...do i have to get alchohal 120% and actually burn it? i tried to use the option run cdrom after i mounted my file, but it just opened with a black screen again...maybe i will just try and download the other psx emulator.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If you need help on how to use Daemon, check this:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?t=43442
    or this:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?p=965205
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 14th-July-2007 at 19:35.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by spiffiestpengui View Post
    i have to be doing something wrong here...I downloaded the Daemon tools thing, mounted the file, and didnt know where to go from there...do i have to get alchohal 120% and actually burn it? i tried to use the option run cdrom after i mounted my file, but it just opened with a black screen again...maybe i will just try and download the other psx emulator.
    You should use the run iso option in epsxe to locate and select the file you extracted. Doing that should open the game, instead of just showing a black screen.

edit: Though it would probably still be a good idea to check the link that Cookie gave you.

Thanks

Ok, i tried both links cookie gave me, but the only problem is on this step >"Now open ePSXe by double-clicking it, and click Config > Cdrom > Select P.E.Op.S. CDR Driver 1.4 > Configure" I dont have the P.E.Op.s. CDR driver 1.4 option at all..I tried all the other options in config and the only one that comes even close is "EspxE CDR WNT/2WK core 1.5.2" wich like everything else is turning the screen of the emulator black...all other options just give me error messages. Was it this complicated for everyone else the first time they tried EspxE?