Thread: I need help with my GC emulator Dolphin.

Thanks

Default I need help with my GC emulator Dolphin.

Uhhh, when i load my games, it gets like 3-5 fps. Is it because..........
    A: My comp is horible (But it isn't, its pretty much updated and has like year old technology, which should be decent)
    B: Bad game download
    C: I don't know how to configure Dolphin to make games, like run normally
    There's a better GC emulator i should get, so i can ask more stupid questions like this one about it.

Tx ahead of time for someone who acutally helps me
    Homestarrunner.net "its DOT com"

Thanks

Simply put, its none of the above, or even maybe a bit of A.

The thing is, as of now emulators for sytems such as x-box, ps2, gamecube, are still in very early beta's. You wont find an emulator around that can run commercial games on these systems well, most wont run them at all. At this point to push out a decent frame rate for a system like this you would likely need the best hardware and software around, which for most, simply isent possible.

Helpfull hint-
    When trying to run your game, first check the official sites game compadability list. It shows, on an average pc, what games work, and how well. if a game works "in game"(as i imageing the game your playing falls under) it likely means some in game portion is playable before a crash, or the game is currently running far below normal playable standards.

Thanks

ok, i thought so....... plus the games i;m d.loading are really old GC games, that are a little hard to find, or a just plain stupid. I got a GC controller (Acutally 2) and a Mem. card for my wii though
    Homestarrunner.net "its DOT com"

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ikaruga is about the only game that will run full speed in one of the GC emu's Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move ( 3 I think it was ) was another one that ran ok in some emu's, both without sound

The best High Level emulator around at the mo that will actually play games well would be Chankast, a Dreamcast emulator but to be honest your best off just buying one of those as most models of the Dreamcast will play backups anyway with out modding the console

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

unfortunately your best bet it to wait untill the emulators are better developed. things like NES SNES Genesis and GameBoy are simple 2D emualtions. but take an excample of PSX and N64 emulators are just getting to thier stable phases so you should keep and eye on the updates but you will have to wait for a wile.