Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What flash cart would work best for me?

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hipoccolos View Post
    I saw it before. Killer deal, but I do need GBA support, it's hard to pass up all those GBA games.

I am willing to spend around $100 or even more, but was looking for the best deal. Is M3 Lite essentially the same thing I had before, just no sticking out?
    Yes, that's the only difference between the Lite and regular versions.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I saw it before. Killer deal, but I do need GBA support, it's hard to pass up all those GBA games.

I am willing to spend around $100 or even more, but was looking for the best deal. Is M3 Lite essentially the same thing I had before, just no sticking out?
    I got a slot 1 R4 for less than £30 with a 1gig Micro SD & the M3 I got was also less than £30 but no memcard with it

If you can find em cheap enough get both, if not go for that M3 lite

The M3 is fantastic for GBA compat and not too bad for DS either just not as good as a R4/M3 slot1

The M3 is also great for homebrew aswell

The M3 lite uses Micro SD's instead of Normal SD's or Compact Flash also avoid the Lite Pro as that will only let you play gba software of 32Mbit or less

If you are willing to wait for me to test once I get my carts through the post, I'm sure you can use the R4/M3 simply as passme keys to run DS software from a GBA cart ( both are slot 1 cards )

PD DS software runs betta from Slot2
    DS games run betta from Slot1
    GBA only runs from Slot2

So a M3 SD/M3 Lite and a M3 Simply/R4 is going to be the overall best option to use, thats if I'm correct in thinking the R4/M3 Simply operates the way I think it does

Edit:- Got one part of my set the R4 card, it's very easy to use just copy the system onto a Micro SD then copy the roms over either directly ( unzipped ) or trim them first then copy over and your all set, pop the Micro SD in the R4 and pop that into your DS start up sellect games then choose your rom and it just works
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-March-2007 at 12:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Just ordered an M3 Lite with Passcard 3 through nxpgame.com. Price was $85 shipped, had a 10% code(a2007). Now to find a good microSD card. I'm hearing Kingston Japan made cards are the best, but does it really matter that much?
    You got whacked cuz your weak. Magus, Chrono Trigger
    "is da anus also known as her bellybutton?!1" - The Stupidest Teenager on Earth

Thanks
    EP Points

Just ordered an M3 Lite with Passcard 3 through nxpgame.com. Price was $85 shipped, had a 10% code(a2007). Now to find a good microSD card. I'm hearing Kingston Japan made cards are the best, but does it really matter that much?
    Yes it does, most microSD's can only play games correctly at a certain speed kingston plays them perfectly on the fastest while others fail at that speed.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Yes it does, most microSD's can only play games correctly at a certain speed kingston plays them perfectly on the fastest while others fail at that speed.
    Really, there is only one game that will run differently with a Kingston, and that's Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, all other games run fine with the M3. Except for those that haven't been fixed yet by the M3 team (like 3 games).

Thanks

Well, suppose I get a Kingston card, what's the best deal for a 1GB or 2GB(Preferred)? I see the're $9.99 at newegg for a 1GB but I heard something bad about that one.

EDIT: I'm looking at these. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820208244

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211029 <--- Heard good things about this one. Both are good prices too... m i doin dis rite? LOLOL

Then here's a Japan Kingston card. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1458
    Last edited by Hipoccolos; 1st-April-2007 at 19:15. Reason: LOL

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, suppose I get a Kingston card, what's the best deal for a 1GB or 2GB(Preferred)? I see the're $9.99 at newegg for a 1GB but I heard something bad about that one.

EDIT: I'm looking at these. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820208244

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211029 <--- Heard good things about this one. Both are good prices too... m i doin dis rite? LOLOL

Then here's a Japan Kingston card. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1458
    From what Ive heard is that 2GB still has issues with the flashcarts.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Been playing through Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin on my R4 with Kingston japan Micro SD and it will still freeze from time to time even with that card though not very often thankfully

Most the freeze points are warp points but most of those have save points close by them, the other place was a during a fight, there was only one fight it froze at but I may of just been unlucky as I said it hasn't froze often

Just play through that game saving often

The other good Micro SD would be the Toshiba one with the same code as the Kingston card

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Got my card, still trying to find a MicroSD to get though.

With my M3, came a bunch of shells that are different colors. How am I able to use the white, or can I at all?