Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What flash cart would work best for me?

Thanks

Default What flash cart would work best for me?

I'm looking at getting a new one. Some drug addict whore stole my DS a while back along with a watch and mp3 player, and I figured that flash cart I had would be all I needed for years at least. I had a M3 Perfect SD I think it was, with a Passcard 3. While it was great, it did slightly bother me that it stuck out of the GBA slot.

I'm looking at the cheapest cart that doesn't stick out. I'd prefer one to use SD cards since I like to be able to upgrade, though I'm open to one that has at least 1GB internal memory. I looked around at some of them, but I can't tell which would be the best. I also want it to have GBA support, I saw some didn't, and emulator support, which I'm sure they all do anyways. Thanks for any help you can provide in advance.
    Last edited by Hipoccolos; 26th-March-2007 at 07:34.
    You got whacked cuz your weak. Magus, Chrono Trigger
    "is da anus also known as her bellybutton?!1" - The Stupidest Teenager on Earth

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Super card lite is prolly a good cheap option but the gba compat isn't as good as it should be and DS isn't all that great either (uses micro SD's)

Check the wiki's to find more info on compat

http://eng.supercard.cn/
    http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SuperCard

Others are M3 & G6 ( compat may be the same for M3 and G6, they are also do a lite version now and compat is very good )

http://www.m3adapter.com/
    http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/M3
    http://www.g6flash.com/
    http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/G6

Personly I just ordered a Slot 1 flash card, the R4 from reports it seems like there are no NDS roms that won't run at all but some games are reported to have problems with single cart download play for some games

Not seen a flash cart with 100% DS compat

I will be looking for the best quality gba flash cart myself soon enough... though I did have one of the best with no gba issues, with the exception of the official nes ports not working ( cart was norm gba sized ) unfortionatly that cart is no longer available [ the card was the EZFA, not to be confused with EZF/advace II + they are not by thwe same people or even the same compat ]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 26th-March-2007 at 10:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hipoccolos View Post
    I'm looking at getting a new one. Some drug addict whore stole my DS a while back along with a watch and mp3 player, and I figured that flash cart I had would be all I needed for years at least. I had a M3 Perfect SD I think it was, with a Passcard 3. While it was great, it did slightly bother me that it stuck out of the GBA slot.

I'm looking at the cheapest cart that doesn't stick out. I'd prefer one to use SD cards since I like to be able to upgrade, though I'm open to one that has at least 1GB internal memory. I looked around at some of them, but I can't tell which would be the best. I also want it to have GBA support, I saw some didn't, and emulator support, which I'm sure they all do anyways. Thanks for any help you can provide in advance.
    As Zorlon said, Supercard is perfect if you really want the cheapest flashcart for Nintendo DS. I would however if I were you, spend a few bucks more on another flashcart instead. Compatibility is not as good on the Supercard as it was on your old M3 - no doubt. Carts sticking out is no problem anymore. Even the slot 2 M3 carts do not stick out anymore (Lite versions), but the new vibe seems to be solid 1 carts which go in the slot where you normally put DS carts. Compatibility on slots 1 carts like R4 and M3 Simply is about perfect for DS games, but you loose GBA support if that is something important for you. If I were you, I would buy either a slot 2 M3 similar to the one you had before (not sticking out) or a M3 Simply/R4 (same carts, different software GUI )

Thanks

I'm looking at probably the M3 Perfect Lite Micro SD. I can get it with the Passcard for $87.99. Anywhere else cheaper, or maybe even a better card out there?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hipoccolos View Post
    I'm looking at probably the M3 Perfect Lite Micro SD. I can get it with the Passcard for $87.99. Anywhere else cheaper, or maybe even a better card out there?
    I have no idea about what prices in USD are, sorry Wait for someone else.

Thanks
    EP Points

The EZFlash V is pretty cheap the only thing you need is the EZFlash V (The flashcart) and a microSD which comes with a free microsd adapter
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    The EZFlash V is pretty cheap the only thing you need is the EZFlash V (The flashcart) and a microSD which comes with a free microsd adapter
    Yeah, but the compatibility isn't up there with that of the Supercard and M3/G6.

Hippo, if you don't care for GBA support, then you could always get a slot 1 device, like the M3 Simply, or R4 DS (both made by the M3 team), they're both around $45, and use Micro SD cards.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by banned View Post
    Yeah, but the compatibility isn't up there with that of the Supercard and M3/G6.

Hippo, if you don't care for GBA support, then you could always get a slot 1 device, like the M3 Simply, or R4 DS (both made by the M3 team), they're both around $45, and use Micro SD cards.
    what do you mean? So far the games I downloaded work perfectly fine (the issue I had was because I bought a bummed car, got a new one for it)

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks
    EP Points

Believe me, it is. It really is.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Compat isn't that bad, but it's not 100% unlike other carts

http://www.gbarl.it/index.php?showtopic=15642

the SuperCard range has a rather poor compat specially for GBA, still not a bad choice for DS game play, there are only a couple of non working games

The Slot1 flash cards have the best compat then the next up are the M3 and G6 flash cards with passme type slot 1 device ( M3 = GBA Movie Player G6 = by the same people but use internal memory instead of memory cards )

The only issues the slot1 cards seem to have is for single card download play ( I might have a fix for that )

P.S. Just went for a M3 myself. Original sized SD version and I'll only be using it for GBA. I wasn't bothered about the size because I plan to buy another GBA SP at some point ( I lost my old GBA SP ) and I own a GameBoy Player that the fitted DS lite versions of the flash card would not fit into my GameBoy Player and the GBA SP I plan to buy

You can get a hell of alot of info over at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Main_Page
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-March-2007 at 18:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The Compat isn't that bad, but it's not 100% unlike other carts

http://www.gbarl.it/index.php?showtopic=15642

the Super Card range has a rather poor compat

The Slot1 flash cards have the best compat then the next up are the M3 and G6 flash cards with passme type slot 1 device ( M3 = GBA Movie Player G6 = by the same people but use internal memory instead of memory cards )

The olnly issues the slot1 cards seem to have is for single card download play

P.S. Just went for a M3 myself. Original sized SD version and I'll only be using it for GBA. I wasn't bothered about the size because I plan to buy another GBA SP at some point and I own a GameBoy Player that the fitted DS lite versions of the flash card would not fit into my GameBoy Player and the GBA SP I plan to buy
    None of the other carts are 100% compatible with all games.
    You link is to IV by the way, not V.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by snkupo View Post
    None of the other carts are 100% compatible with all games.
    You link is to IV by the way, not V.
    Slot1 carts are 100% though there are some issuses, all games are playable

hmm yeah the link is for IV and can't seem to find one for V, the compat should be about the same though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Slot1 carts are 100% though there are some issuses, all games are playable

hmm yeah the link is for IV and can't seem to find one for V, the compat should be about the same though
    I've had a V for quite some time. I also have several other flashcarts. V is a very good cart when it comes to compatibility - serioiusly.

Thanks
    EP Points

Are you guys looking for this?

It keeps updating like almost 3-4 times per week

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks

I saw it before. Killer deal, but I do need GBA support, it's hard to pass up all those GBA games.

I am willing to spend around $100 or even more, but was looking for the best deal. Is M3 Lite essentially the same thing I had before, just no sticking out?