Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a film thread!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Suggest a film thread!

Yeah, I know that the logistics are a little wonky for this sort of thread, given that most people have a limited library, but let's be frank; whether or not we allow discussion on the piracy of films, most of us engage in it. So let's just assume that we all have the means to get whatever movies we want.

With that out of the way, what I'm after here is suggestions for a film or films to watch. Don't tell me where to get it, just suggest a film that you think might be worth watching.

Any takers?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

If I don't have to write a review of it to recommend it, I'll recommend everyone to go watch the Illusionist, perhaps it's still on theatres or it will be on dvd soon, but it's a very well done and surprising movie.

Oh, and perhaps we don't have all the means to watch whatever movie we want, but renting is a good and legal solution in most cases

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm more of a war film watcher. I suggest Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan.

Saving Private Ryan, shocked me when I first saw it with all the blood and gore on the D-Day scene. never saw any company do D-Day like that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ktiger41 View Post
    I'm more of a war film watcher. I suggest Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan.

Saving Private Ryan, shocked me when I first saw it with all the blood and gore on the D-Day scene. never saw any company do D-Day like that.
    If you haven't already done so, go watch Gallipoli. Maybe its the country bias coming in, but I haven't seen very many war films tackle the idea in the same way, or with as much quality, as Gallipoli.

Thanks
    EP Points

i have watched Musa http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0275083/ and its a very good movie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberxion View Post
    Yeah, I know that the logistics are a little wonky for this sort of thread, given that most people have a limited library, but let's be frank; whether or not we allow discussion on the piracy of films, most of us engage in it. So let's just assume that we all have the means to get whatever movies we want.

With that out of the way, what I'm after here is suggestions for a film or films to watch. Don't tell me where to get it, just suggest a film that you think might be worth watching.

Any takers?
    I could give you some titles right here, but I would encourage you to look at my journal for ratings....it is in my sig. Click the ratings tab at the top of my journal, then you can see all the movies I have rated, and all of them are organized by 10/10s, then 9/10s, 8/10s....et cetera.

Some of my favorites are Solaris (either version), Thin Red Line, Stand By Me, Brazil, Donnie Darko, Se7en, Magnolia, Kramer vs. Kramer.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Mikey_ Guest

The Prestige was pretty good. It's about two rival magicians. That may sound cheesy, but really, it's not. Just read the description.

Thanks

Blood Diamond.

A movie just out at the moment based around the conflict
    in Sierra Leone in the 90s and how diamonds were used to fund it. Stars Leonardo Di Caprio.

Thanks

Any movie with Jang Dong Gun. He is the best actor ever, besides Brad Pitt that is. His best movie that I have seen is Friend. Also known as Chingoo. Friend is just the english title. If you don't want to watch it just because it has sub titles then go fuck yourself. Subtitles don't ruin or make movies worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks

Tenacious D the pick of destiny.
    I love tekken.

Thanks
    EP Points

The Godfather Part I is well worth a watch.

Thanks
    EP Points

Detective Conan: Countdown To Heaven RULES!

Thanks

Port Washington.... Starring Benjamin J. Heckondorn himeslf..... you can download it from http://benheck.com

Thanks

Hard Candy, it is a new take on the child molestation genre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    You guy are welcome anytime We have bowling and Steak & Shake. Bring beer. I like beer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    If you haven't already done so, go watch Gallipoli. Maybe its the country bias coming in, but I haven't seen very many war films tackle the idea in the same way, or with as much quality, as Gallipoli.
    Will check it out.