Thread: Shenmue problems in Chankast .25 on the third disc

Thanks

Default Shenmue problems in Chankast .25 on the third disc

I've gotten this bug regularly when leaving a in-game dialogue cutscene that doesn't dump me to another zone. For example, when Nozomi talks to you about the kitten, or when you buy the Soda for what's his face. What happens is that I am locked out of interaction with anything, my inventory won't open, nor will my journal. The B button prompts a sort of free look, and the trigger buttons still work correctly. Nothing will trigger, not walk-into zones like the quik-mart, not even my curfew.

Usually reloading has fixed this problem, I experienced it at most twice with a conversation with Nozomi. However, I am currently experiencing it with the forklift training session with Mark. I've attempted maybe three or four times without a different outcome.

I downloaded the CDIs off the tracker, which didn't work in their virgin state. I burnt them, and ripped them to MD5 to make them work. Can someone tell me if this is a disc image issue, or an emulator issue?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's an issue on the DC aswell though less frequent it only hapened once for me when I seen the maker of the game, I was suck in first person view couldn't pause the game go to the item screen, I couldn't even wait till bed time or anything else I could only move my view.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well, I managed my way through this one just now. I guess emulation simply compounds the problem. Thanks for the quick reply!