Thread: Nintendo DS emulator questions

Thanks

Default Nintendo DS emulator questions

i'm aware of this thread : http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=38157 , but I have no clue what to look for or dload from there. I'm not even sure what it is. Is it a working nintendo DS emulator? that runs well? If so, how would I go about to dloading and installing it.

also, does castlevania work on it because that's the only reason I want to get an emulator.

please just don't flame me, i tried the search function but it didn't find anything of importance to me and I went to irc and no one would answer except for Tormentor telling me that irc wasn't all it was cracked up to be since no one was ever actually there not to mention helping anyone.

thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

IRC is better than it's cracked up to be!

Join #game-revolution ob irc.emuparadise.org, and lotsa people will be able to help.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus
    IRC is better than it's cracked up to be!

Join #game-revolution ob irc.emuparadise.org, and lotsa people will be able to help.
    alright, last time i just tried #emuparadise , thanks

Thanks

Wouldn't it be impossible to emulate the DS? Come on how can they begint to recreate the touch screen capabilities that MOST games cannot function without?

On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Fox
    Wouldn't it be impossible to emulate the DS? Come on how can they begint to recreate the touch screen capabilities that MOST games cannot function without?
    With a mouse, presumably. It wouldn't actually be that hard, unless the DS reacts differently to different levels of pressure, which I dont believe it does.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Fox
    the mouse could emulate the touch screen. it can be done....i have a ds though so for me i am fine. excuse me advance wars dual strike is calling my name again, damn i am truly addicted.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned Gorilla
    That thread is not for emulating the DS it's part of how to run backups on the actual DS from a GBA flashcard+DS PassMe

And with that Castlevania is 100% working (Proving you rip it :/ or you use one of the more advanced DS+GBA flash kits)

At the moment though there is no emulator that can run Castlevania

Yeah the touch screen and the mic can be easy to setup on a PC with a mouse and PC mic

iDeaS is one worth keeping an eye on http://www.rascalboy.nzone.it/ideas.html (The screens on there are from the next version not the current one)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-November-2005 at 09:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Can't run it perfectly you mean, I've got the opening animation running, but yeah the game itself doesn't run at all on any current versions of DS emulators.
    Definition: "love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using a Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope

:: There are one-zero kinds of people. Those who understand binary and F others who understand hex ::

Webmaster of:
    http://Irregular-Network.22web.net

My PSX ISO's List:
    updated 4.01.2006 (way pass expiration date, but I still got all what's on the list so request away)
    Here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can you play the game? no
    Can you even start a new game? no
    Is it playable? no
    Does Stoned Gorilla want to play the game? Yes
    Can any emulator do this? no

If the game can run you are saying it's playable but it's not in the slightest, the rom can start but then again most of them do just most don't have anything to look at but some part of the game is emulated still even if the screens show nothing, so most the games run just not perfectly (there are a few that just crash that emu, being the only ones you can actually say do not have any emulation), when I say run I'm talking about from start to end and with a playable FPS
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-November-2005 at 11:10.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

it cud work. but id rather use the real thing for a handheld like the ds

jo mama so fat that her butt gets her own zip code

Thanks
    EP Points

http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=38441

:\ Please read around the forums or search google for the quickest and newest information.