Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help with sega cd files...

Thanks

Question help with sega cd files...

so i have or at least think i have the right sonic cd files:

i don't really know what to do with them... i have winrar, but i'm not seeing any extract options, only compressing. i have the sega cd bin file listed in the gens directory so that's good to go.. any help please?

for some reason i tried changing the ext to an iso file and then gens started it, but i couldn't get to the actual game.. sorry if this sounds completely idiotic...

Thanks
    EP Points

Why are both those files in the pic only 34 KBs? That's not right. Also, AFAIK Gens won't run games in bin format, unless you mount it with Daemon tools. Gens will run games in iso+mp3 format right from the hard drive though. Lastly, you need to have bios files to run cd games, click my sig get em there....

Thanks

i have the segacd model 2 bios listed in my bios directory in gens. do i need other bios files?

Thanks
    EP Points

No that's good enough assuming the game is the american version. I still don't quite understand why you have two files that are way too small to be a cd game. Games like that always measure in megabytes, not kilobytes. Where'd you get those from, cuz they look like they could be torrent files or something.

Thanks

i got those from here.. i used download accel.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I think you might have to dl them again, cuz the files should be 75 MBs altogether. Unless you dl'ed them somewhere else on your hard drive and misplaced them, cuz the files in the pic definitely aren't the right ones.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

You downloaded 2 of EmuParadise's web page files, probably in html or pHp.

In any case, you did not download the 2 zip or rar files that contain the iso and mp3 files.

So, try downloading them again, if you used a download accelerator of some kind, don't use it again. Instead use your browser (IE, FireFox, Mozilla, Opera, etc.)

Thanks

when i use just my browser, it doesn't download properly; it just sits at 1% and the remaining time keeps increasing. At the top of the page for sega cd iso files it specifically says:

"You must use a download manager such as DAP or Go!Zilla to download these files, or they won't work!"

i must be using the wrong link in download accel or something..

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Forget those instructions. That info is outdated:
    Quote Originally Posted by If you scroll down on the page with the download, you'll see this
    Having problems downloading ? Try taking these steps before contacting us:

1. Do not use any download managers. Download managers capture the wrong links at times.
    2. Try using Mozilla Firefox. It works best with emuparadise in conjunction with our download system.
    3. If you're using Internet Explorer, make sure you don't have any Spyware on your PC.
    4. If all else fails, register on our message boards and make a post. Someone will help you soon enough : ).
    I just tried sonic cd with my browser (FireFox) and the downloads work.

You may have a firewall or anti-virus that's interfering with the download.

Try turning them off before you download, and remember that WinXP has it's own built-in firewall, and also that some modem's and routers have hardware firewall's (mine does)

And don't forget to turn your anti-virus/firewall(s) on again after you're done.
    Last edited by SegNin; 2nd-November-2005 at 14:57.

Thanks

alright, i think i got it going now... i'll letcha know when i have more problems.. thanks so far

Thanks

well this is taking awhile... do i just have to extract the iso file and then the wav file into the same folder then and it should load right up in gens? i don't plan on converting the wav file(s) to mp3 format to put on a disc any time soon.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The files should be mp3 format to start with

As for the how to run read http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=20682

It also includes the naming system Gens reads of the iso+mp3's

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

is this what the files should look like? i'm pretty sure i have something right, maybe those top two are just junk..

sorry, i'm not really familar with extracting.. but uhh.. i just extract the files from both the iso and the sound file to the same folder and then it should play? i have gens running with the sega cd os running already.

EDIT: i just deleted those top files and extracted the other two into the same folder. the audio files are already mp3 format, for some reason i thought they'd be wav files... i'm not really sure what to do now...

2nd EDIT: ok i have the game running, but there is no music, just sfx... what gives? do i need to convert the mp3's to wav files? if so, why were they mp3 formatted anyway? just to save space?
    Last edited by fireguy; 3rd-November-2005 at 05:40.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy
    do i need to convert the mp3's to wav files? if so, why were they mp3 formatted anyway? just to save space?
    yes, you gotta convert if you play from CD or mounted. There are several programs that can do that. I use dBpowerAmp

yes, to save space. websites that host sega-cd and saturn games all have to do that, bandwith doesn't come cheap. (wav is VERY big compared to mp3, like 5-20x bigger)

you gotta rename your audio files as well. track 1 is called SonicCD.iso
    so track 2 must be called SonicCD02, SonicCD03, SonicCD04 etc

you only have to convert to wav if you plan on burning it to CD or mounting it. If you want to play the game on Gens/Kega Fusion, you can leave it as mp3. The emulators can play segacd games as mp3 (It'll need the cue that shows mp3 files, not wav files). SO in your case, all you need to do is rename the music files
    Last edited by Myst; 3rd-November-2005 at 06:42.

Thanks

alright, i don't plan to burn the files to a disc at all, so i don't need any converting, i just need to rename all my audio files to soniccd ##.iso then, but what about tracks 32 and 33? are they going to be renamed soniccd 32.iso and soniccd 33.iso? it's kind of confusing that only those two files have different titles as mp3s (sonic boom w/ voice and sonic boom just song)...
    Last edited by fireguy; 3rd-November-2005 at 06:50.

currently playing: ff vii