Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Sega Saturn Emulator

Thanks

Default Best Sega Saturn Emulator

From what I've heard GiriGiri is the best one but I can't seem to find the version which you install, rather than just unzip, as that worked well with my PC. Can anyone give me a link for this version, please.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.zophar.net/saturn.html

Cassini is the one you install (it's GiriGiri under a new name)

Note: Cassini requires a euro bios rom

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I try to play Dragon Force and it says wrong cue format 3, what does that mean?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's possibly not in cue+bin MODE1/2352 format that GiriGiri/Cassini reads

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Probably right, you know of a program that can convert it to that format?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Garland
    Probably right, you know of a program that can convert it to that format?
    Alcohol 120%, or ISObuster (I only say this cuz I know Zorlon will swear by it). Just mount it with Daemon Tools first. Oh and before you try converting a Saturn game, you more than likely will have to convert the MP3s into WAVs and create a proper cue sheet for the game to be mounted properly. I have a guide for that here, nice n easy and has pics too. The cue sheet guide link is at the bottom of that page also.

Ack, I've exceeded my bandwidth for geocities, grrrrrr. Well if you can't see the guide I can post it here too.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 26th-October-2005 at 18:47.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You do know that Cassini has it's own tools for converting ISO+Wav to bin+cue

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    You do know that Cassini has it's own tools for converting ISO+Wav to bin+cue
    Oh, I thought we were talking about GiriGiri. I'm boycotting Cassini, cuz I wanna see Snail n friends go down for stealing other people's intellectual property. Yeah, they all deserve a good beat down.

Mikey_ Guest

is this saturn emulator you speak of zorlon, any good? i mean, as far as performance? if so i may check it out.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Brady
    is this saturn emulator you speak of zorlon, any good? i mean, as far as performance? if so i may check it out.
    Okay here's the deal. Cassini is in fact a hack of GiriGiri, which is also an already hacked commercial Saturn emulator. The problem is, the so called "creators/authors" (what a crock) stole a bunch of other people's software (CDmage, GiriCheater, etc.) and bundled it with the emu, and gave it the Cassini name, claiming it to be a "new emulator". If you visit their forum and question this, they will either ban you or remove your posts. Now, isn't that a little strange? Yeah, they're a bunch of scheisters... Read more here.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 26th-October-2005 at 19:22.

Mikey_ Guest

ook. no offense akuma, but i wanted to know if the emulator runs saturn games well. not its political history but its a nice lil tidbit to know that they're a bunch of thieving bastards.

Thanks
    EP Points

ook. no offense akuma, but i wanted to know if the emulator runs saturn games well. not its political history but its a nice lil tidbit to know that they're a bunch of thieving bastards.
    Well, if you didn't see it at first, read between the lines, especially the first part of my post. What did I say? Cassini is nothing but GiriGiri repacked. What does this mean? That CASSINI IS IN FACT GIRIGIRI. There's not a damn bit of difference between the two. The source code for GiriGiri was "lost" by SEGA of Japan, so therefore no more coding can be done for it, therefore Cassini cannot be more compatible or run better than GiriGiri. Do you follow now?

Mikey_ Guest

yep. i follow. except that if i didn't know of cassini what would you make you think i'd know about girigiri? which i know nothing of obviously...which is why i'm asking if those emulators run saturn games well.

Thanks
    EP Points

yep. i follow. except that if i didn't know of cassini what would you make you think i'd know about girigiri? which i know nothing of obviously...which is why i'm asking if those emulators run saturn games well.
    Oh okay, you referred to Zorlon's post about Cassini in your initial post so I figured you wanted to know if it was better than GiriGiri. My bad. But GiriGiri does run a decent amount of games, but most have some kind of major flaw or glitch during gameplay, but it is currently better than any other Saturn emu out there right now, but if a particular game will not run you're pretty much stuck, unless you attempt to modify the GAMES.DAT file, which is the only way a game could become more compatible, although this will not always work. It's a lot of trial and error. Rewrite this line, change a number here n there, a friggin headache. It's really too bad that the source is not available, because that is the key to getting the games to truly be more compatible.

Mikey_ Guest

hmmm. its a shame. psx and DC emulation is good but not so much for saturn. there's only a few saturn games i'd be interested in playing...i wonder if xmen vs street fighter will play on it.