Thread: chankast 0.25 - Grandia II

Thanks

Default chankast 0.25 - Grandia II

so i am trying to play grandia II on chankast 0.25. i have the echelon release. i mount utopia boot disc then it asks me to mount backup and i do. game starts then it says i dont have enough free blocks and i wont be able to save. i say ok what the heck, i will figure that stuff later. then comes a black screen with ...Now loading" on the bottom right... and that black screen is forever.... nuttin more. so what do i do...

through my teachings you will be enlighted....

Head over to Snes'O'Rama
    SnesOrama is back online guys!
    Come join us @
    SnesOrama Forums

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

echelon release should be self boot to start with so Utopia shouldn't be needed unless the CD Image was badly recreated so the boot session was lost.

I beleive there are fixes for some of the echelon releases to boot and play normally in Chankast but wait for another member to post about that as I personly use my Dreamcast rather than Chankast.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

it says something about echelon at the beginning and it doesnt start without the boot disc. i am sure its not selfboot. and the one uploading it says so.

well i would like to have a dreamcast too but it was never a big hit where i live and a few games barely made their way here. and i was not into dreamcast emulation till i found out i could ply Grandia II. i loved Grandia in PSX and really want to play the sequel. and i had no luck with pc version also. so i am pretty much stuck with chankast i believe.
    Last edited by cleidophoros; 21st-October-2005 at 22:07.

through my teachings you will be enlighted....

Head over to Snes'O'Rama
    SnesOrama is back online guys!
    Come join us @
    SnesOrama Forums

Thanks

I've read that echelon releases need special patches to get past their intro screens. Sry tho, I don't know much else. You can try the emutalk forums. (Can be accessed from chankast website)
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by cleidophoros
    well i would like to have a dreamcast too but it was never a big hit where i live and a few games barely made their way here. and i was not into dreamcast emulation till i found out i could ply Grandia II. i loved Grandia in PSX and really want to play the sequel. and i had no luck with pc version also. so i am pretty much stuck with chankast i believe.
    Wasn't much of a hit here either but it can play backups without a mod chip or any silly trick

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Grandia II Echelon release works with Chankast without special patches or
    boot discs. Saves works correctly too. I can assure you because I had it once
    and played a decent part of CD1. The main point is that I have problems loading
    saved games (other poeple says that it's playable from start to finish though)
    and the game can freeze while in battle when you or emnemy use magic or
    use items so I dropped it and get PC version. (big thanks for uploader )

BTW: I have a crappy PC and I manage to run this game at decent 25-30 FPS.
    Last edited by MegaVolt; 22nd-October-2005 at 12:03.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you have a PS2 the PS2 version is worth getting as for the game itself it's great and I find it much beter than the first one

I have the game on 3 formats PS2, Dreamcast and PC

Why... because I got the PC version first but I like playing on a console best
    Then I got a backup of the Dreamcast version but that has a silly change CD thing going on because it's spanned onto 2 discs
    Finally I got the PS2 version, now I'm happy

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]