Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Notes for GBA flash cards with and without NDS Passme or clone

For now these are just notes and an open thread for questions and comments but I will be creating a guide for these things aswell

So far I think I will list a few that I know of anyway

• PD Games (Included in these are full original games aswell as full remakes of games from other systems)
    • Office tools (Text file creator/editor, Calculator, Paint type progs and More)
    • eBooks (You can compile your own text files to be read from a GBA Flash card)
    • Music (the best so far is GSM Player, it's quality is high and can contain a full CD easy even on the smaller flash cards)
    • Video (Compile video into a GBA rom) [Meteo is the free one]
    • Interpreters (For Sierra AGI games and for Frotz, Level 9 and Magnetic Scrolls - Interactive Fiction games (IF for short))
    • Pogoshell (This is a Gui for multi roms/PD tools and emus, but may not work on all flash cards (Personly I don't think it's worth it but it does look nice) )

Emulators for the GBA
    • BBC Micro (Emulate the BBC Computer on your GBA)
    • ZX Spectrum (Emulate the ZX Spectrum computer on a GBA with keys mapped to you GBA, also has a virtual keyboard if needed)
    • Sharp X-1 (Another Computer but not that well emulated)
    • Amstrad CPC (Pre compiled with one game and no games can be added)
    • Arcade (Just a few games emulated but could be worth a look at for some)
    • Chip8 (Very old console, I havn't looked at this one myself)
    • Colecovision (Also very old console)
    • Game Boy (There is a very well done emu for these)
    • NES (Another Console that has a great emulator on the GBA)
    • PC-Engine (There is a well working CD and Rom emulator of this system some flash cards don't fully work with PCE CD games)
    • Sega Mastersystem + Gamegear (There are now 2 great emulators of this system)
    • Super Nintendo (Emulation is not great but working)
    • Supervision (Very old console)

Recomended tools .... I will do this later
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-October-2005 at 21:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I got a DS Super Pass now (PassMe Clone) so I can add alot more for GBA flash cards combined with a PassMe device

I have already looked at some interesting stuff

• Emulators (there's a few already)
    • Game Ports (Actual Ports not remakes of a few PC Games including a SCUMMVM port)
    • NDS save file backups (Backup NDS Saves to GBA Flash Card that can then be saved to PC, very handy if you plan to use NDS Backup Roms)
    • Multi NDS Menu (Great for those Demo & PD, multiboot enabled games)
    • Play NDS Backup Roms from GBA Flash Card (Yes it works just fine from what I have tested so far though I have read of problems but I will look into those first hand when I get the chance to, seen as there have been many redumps since the scene started )

Note:- For NDS Backup Rom saves you must use an original DS card with the same type of saver you can also just disable saving, but I don't see the point unless your only testing a game and don't want to save over data on your original DS card.

^ All of the above should work with most GBA Flash cards, atleast nothing is restricted to a certain type of Flash Card or Flash Card feature, but I have read that some GBA flash cards are not fast enough for some of the NDS Backup Roms and may cause some games to crash.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-October-2005 at 22:48.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Nice nice, gotta pick me up a passkey
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

http://www.g6flash.com/main.htm
    Using this gadget, you won't need a NDS game with the same save thingy. If you have a CF card, try this:
    http://m3adapter.com/
    Requesting:
    Digimon World: Digital Card Battle
    NTSC/U, Playstation game

Once you read the text that's below all my posts, and I mean this text, you wasted 7 seconds of your life.

Thanks
    EP Points

Meh. My flash card died on me for no reason. Only one of the games on it works now, and it won't let me remove or add new ones.

Thanks

Zorlon, has *N locked out flash linkers on the new Gameboy Micro? I've been following some threads and someone said that *N was able to lock out flashable games, on another website they said that no changes to the CPU were made. I haven't bought one (and won't until my SP dies) but want to find out. btw, PassMe is 100% compatible with both flashed games for GBA & DS games right?

Littlewriter is a program that lets you write r0ms to your flash card easily. I have used that program but it doesn't have USB support. There was also another program, can't remember the name of it, that allowed nice creation of menus that were better than Pogoshell. Dadycool was supposed to update Littlewriter but someone p*ssed him off & he ceased development. Anyone know a good flash writing program w/pogoshell support?
    Last edited by X-EvansBasher-X; 10th-October-2005 at 23:16.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingGnats
    Meh. My flash card died on me for no reason. Only one of the games on it works now, and it won't let me remove or add new ones.
    Have you tried formating it? Where did you get it from?
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe