Thread: Please help me I cant get resident evil 2 for n64 to work!

Thanks

Red face Please help me I cant get resident evil 2 for n64 to work!

I downloaded resident evil 2 for n64 (I use PJ64 since it works best for me all the other n64 emulators barely work!) and when I unzipped it it said unknown comment format but it apeared in my folder anyways but the PJ64 didn't read it as a n64 rom!!! I tried downloading the other emulators but it was the same with all of them! please help! how do I get it to play on PJ64!!?? I will be eternally grateful to whomever can help me!

Thanks

I can get conker bad fur day to work on it I can get ocarina or time to work on but I cant get this to work I downloaded resident evil 2 and pj64 from emuparadise resident evil 2 is on other sites but you have to pay money to sign up or something please help!!!!

Thanks

Project 64 V1.6

There you go, the newest version of PJ64, EmuParadise only has 1.5 loaded (if i remember correctly) try that out. It worked for me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Also try the newest glide plug-in, I think that plays Resident Evil 2 a lot better then most have done in the past, this is a very hard game to emulate though

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do the vids work at all yet in resi 2?

P.S. you are beter off looking at the PSX version (maybe even the Dreamcast version though I can't claim to have tested that version in chankast)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    Do the vids work at all yet in resi 2?

P.S. you are beter off looking at the PSX version (maybe even the Dreamcast version though I can't claim to have tested that version in chankast)
    I believe they do now, I'm tempted to get it just to see

Edit: I can't seem to get this to work
    Last edited by Stark; 4th-October-2005 at 01:15.

Thanks

Hmm...
    From what you said, it sounded like you got a bad rom. And not all the n64 rom sites will cost you...
    IF Emuparadise's choice of rom file isn't good(like with Blast Corps), download it from Romhustler, you'll get an entire Goodset for the game(if it's nes, snes or n64, i think, maybe genesis too.)

While i hate to recommend other websites besides Emuparadise, I often find i have to use many in conjunction to achieve the best results.
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, I'M NOT SURE WHY

Thanks

I downloaded it from romhustler and it was the same as this site! it still didn't work so I downloaded pj64 from romhustler! and when I extracted everything from the folder there was no icon to open pj64! oh dear so now I'm trying for psx but I dont have high hopes for it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenV2
    Project 64 V1.6

There you go, the newest version of PJ64, EmuParadise only has 1.5 loaded (if i remember correctly) try that out. It worked for me.
    Not to be rude but does this have to be spelt out for you? Most sites have Project 64 Version 1.5. Click the link that I gave you to download Project 64 Version 1.6 that has some of the most recent updates. My guess is it will work.

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon
    you are beter off looking at the PSX version (maybe even the Dreamcast version though I can't claim to have tested that version in chankast)
    i agree. if you downloaded the n64 game you can download the psx or dc game and run those which aren't hard to run and don't need so much configuring.

Thanks

Thanks ChickenV2 I'm sorry I didn't notice you had a link to it before I downloaded v 1.6 but it still didn't recognize it as an n64 rom! I'll try downloading resident evil 2 from emuparadise again maybe the first time something went wrong.

Thanks

If it still doesn't work I can upload it to yousendit for you, one that I can verify as working.

However RE2 has problems playing throughout all emulators if you don't have proper plugins or version. I'm sure it's due to the fact all backgrounds are pre-rendered. You'll probably be better off using ePSXe for the full experience.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

Yes please send it to me demented lullaby my email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Oh happy day I found a working version on the coolroms site I can finally live out my zombie killing fantasies! thanks for helping me everybody!!!

Mikey_ Guest

pikmintaro, if you really wanna live out your zombie killing fantasies, when u get done with RE2, get your hands on RE3 and play it on ePSXe