Thread: First time user needs help.... i cant get any isos to work

Thanks

Unhappy First time user needs help.... i cant get any isos to work

Hi

I am totaly new to this so please be gentle!. i have an old Mega CD it says V1.00 in the top left/right of the screen when it boots up and you have to press restart to get it to eject the cd tray. I have just readed the FAQ on how to burn sega cd games with nero . i down loaded the sega cue program i ran it and got the cue working which my nero 6.6 accepts i burn it in my old 4x cd-rom and ive tryed it in my dvd burn neither work. when i used the sega cd program to make the cue all the music for the cd was in mp3 form. do i have to convert it to WAV or should it work as mp3????

could someone help get a game ANY GAME WORKING!!!! as this is driving me nuts!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

You need to convert the mp3s to wavs with a program called winLAME. Google it.

Also check out our guides here: http://www.emuparadise.org/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23390
    and here: http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=30451
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 16th-August-2005 at 22:16.

Thanks

Default i tryed it 2 times and it still dont work

Thanxs for speedy reply i will give it ago.

Hi i have followed the instructions givern me and the iso still wont work in my system.

Has anyone got any other ideas what might becausing the problems i have looked at the links givern me and it still dont work. HELP PLEASE
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-August-2005 at 00:25.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Did you convert the region of the game you are trying to the region of your hardware?

Also I recomend you first to try a game that is originally made for your region as converting the region isn't 100% (though there is an updated region converter around)

testing with an emu from CD may be a good idea to make sure it has burned correctly to start with

The only thing you can try if you done the above is try a tune the laser of your hardware though I'm not sure how you go about doing that with that system

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Download SCDToolz:
    http://hoperomz.emucation.com/zip/SCDToolz350.zip

You can use it to not only identify and properly rename your Sega/Mega CD ISO, but also find out what region it is, and also make a cue file for it.

You said you have a Mega CD console, but you didn't say if it was Japanese or European.
    Assuming it's European, then you need games with Europe for their region.
    If your game is not for Europe, then you might be able to convert it's region to Europe with this:
    http://www.retrodev.com/ConvSCD110.zip

Obviously, if your console is a Japanese Mega CD, then you need games for that region instead, and you might be able to patch Europe and US region games to Japan region using ConvSCD.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin
    Download SCDToolz:
    http://hoperomz.emucation.com/zip/SCDToolz350.zip

You can use it to not only identify and properly rename your Sega/Mega CD ISO, but also find out what region it is, and also make a cue file for it.

You said you have a Mega CD console, but you didn't say if it was Japanese or European.
    Assuming it's European, then you need games with Europe for their region.
    If your game is not for Europe, then you might be able to convert it's region to Europe with this:
    http://www.retrodev.com/ConvSCD110.zip

Obviously, if your console is a Japanese Mega CD, then you need games for that region instead, and you might be able to patch Europe and US region games to Japan region using ConvSCD.
    Heh, that's the exact same advice I gave him in PMs, and yeah, it was a European MegaCD console Also, the latest version of SCDToolz comes with the converter.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks again.

I've been using 3.40, so I didn't know that a convertor was added to SCDToolz 3.50.
    I just downloaded 3.50 now though, and I see that he added ConvSCD to it.

Thanks

Default Thanxs for all the help

Hi Guys

Great News i finaly got one to work late late last night i think it was something to do with the rom being Jap/Us not sure. But oh well ill use the software you guys mension to scan them in furture Cheers for the help!!! Just incase you wonderd i have a really old version 1 Sega Mega CD PAL Version i think you have to press reset to open the cd tray. Any one know where i can get samuria-showdown from???