Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Image format for PSX games that have CDDA

Thanks

Default Best Image format for PSX games that have CDDA

I think I found a way to sucessfully burn a game that has CDDA on it. All you have to do is convert any type of image to an mds/mdf image. I never tried this idea out, but here are some possiblites that it works. In my collection a few of my PSX games have CDDA. A several few (like Darkstalkers) wouldn't burn correctly, thus causing the game to have no music at all, tough the music was present on the CD. But my copy of Bust-A-Move 3DX has CDDA and was an mds/mdf image. It burned correctly and nothing was missing. In conlusion, I found out that an mds/mdf PSX image is the best way to burn games with CDDA.

Note: To convert images, simply mount the image with Daemon Tools and make an mds/mdf image with Alcohol 120%. (Of course, you have to pick the drive letter of the emulated CD drive to make the image.)

Thanks
    EP Points

Im almost sure you don't need to do that... You just need a proper .cue file to burn CDDA... with out it your sunk.

Thanks

I had a correct cue file for Darkstalkers. All tracks were labed right and were at the correct length. If I don't have to convert, then why did a game with CDDA not work when in Clone CD format, while a game in mds/mdf format burned correctly?

Thanks

Darkstalkers and other older games with cdda don't work because they use analog sound. Mount it with daemon tools and use the analog option and TADA there is music.
    My PSX List Currently 1055 games PSX Request List
    Yousendit upcoming uploads:

Thanks

Ok. I know about the music in ePSXe. What i'm saying is that some games won't burn correctly when it has CDDA. (Mainly dealing with music.) My PSX can play CDDA last time I checked. (Yes my boot CD has the ability to play CDDA.)

Thanks

what do you mean by not burn correctly? I can get these games to work in my PSX just fine.

Thanks

Not burn correctly as in game runs but has no music. (Doesn't play the CD tracks during gameplay.) Keep in mind that this is on the real system. Also note that my console can play CDDA because I have a few games that have CD tracks and they play fine in the game.

Thanks

and as I said I can get them to work just fine on my real PSX without any fix.

Thanks
    EP Points

Using the Run ISO fuction in ePSXe will not get you any CDDA music.
    However, a mounted image, running from a CD-ROM or using the Mooby2 plugin can solve these CDDA problems.
    Regards,
    fireblaster_lyz

Help in setting or using ePSXe? Get all the info you need using the ePSXe Configuration Handbook

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

fireblaster_lyz read the thread

I agree with kryptin I don't have any problems burning games with CDDA tracks and work fine on my chipped PSone the only reason I can see is if you used Alcohol to burn a CD Image with a cue sheet, Alcohol sometimes doesn't read the cue sheets correctly or it tried to correct em but screwed up.

The best Image format for any PSX game is cue/bin format, the reason for this is because almost all burning progs can read it and the patching progs are designed for that format
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-May-2005 at 09:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for clearing that up Zorlon. I should use Nero next time.

Thanks
    EP Points

I had no problem either, but i find the CloneCD format to be the best. No mess possible with them.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    I had no problem either, but i find the CloneCD format to be the best. No mess possible with them.
    True, but it's not as easily burnt by other programs... with out using virtual drives and all that other junk... and bin/cue works just as well as CC, and is directly burnable by every program.

Thanks

Clone CD images are exactly the same as bin/cue. Clone cd just give the bin file a .img extension instead and includes the sub data in a seperate file. You can create a .cue with the image and you can burn it on any program that supports bin/cue.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kryptin
    Clone CD images are exactly the same as bin/cue. Clone cd just give the bin file a .img extension instead and includes the sub data in a seperate file. You can create a .cue with the image and you can burn it on any program that supports bin/cue.
    Saddly not alot of people make .cue's with there Clone CD format... or at least they did not the last time I downloaded a bunch of Clone CD formated games... about a year ago.

That is a good point though... if Clone CD is just like bin/cue then why not just use the basic bin/cue format.