Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MGS (PSX) on XBox

Thanks

Default MGS (PSX) on XBox

OK this thread reeks of noobnesslikeness but meh I dont care

How would I go about making an ISO of MGS, I have the game but my PSX has shit itself and being the noob I am I dont know how to make a PSX Iso. Or better yet, is there a way I can play it on my modded XBox just by chucking in the CD? Any help is appreciated

Thanks

I use Alcohal 120% to rip all my games. Haven't had a single error with it.

EDIT: I don't think there's a way to play it on your X-Box, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by TechKnow; 16th-August-2004 at 08:55.

Thanks

I heard 64 and PSX emulation on the xbox wasn't good at all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ifirt did a thread on it i really cant be bother lookin it up sorry oh and i asked if you could mod it and stuff and sprung had a txt file for evey one just i forgot what i called the thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1. Search ifrit's posts.

2. Search The Watcher's posts.

3. When you don't find what you're looking for, cry for several hours.

Thanks
    EP Points

MGS does not run well on Xbox, in fact, i couldnt get any of my ISOs to run on it. First off, the emulator is illegal to have since its built with the XDK (Xbox Dev Kit). Also, in order to even have a chance to play it, you need to make it into an ISO, as you cant run from CD. E101gamma: PSX and N64 emulation is great for certain games, crappy for others. Taking examples, Paper Mario and Xenogears both run great. PM me for more info, but im limited on what i can say, Ill take screenshots if need be though

Thanks
    EP Points

From what ive heared you make a network wit your comp and then set up a FTP and transfer it over to the Xbox HDD i might be wrong thou

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The emulators legality isn't at question here. I don't think anyone's worried about wether or not you discuss all this, unless something's changed since last I was here. I may be wrong, and I'm sure a mod will tell me. But I'm willing to bet it'd be alright...

Thanks
    EP Points

XBox emulators are TOTALLY different the PC emulators. They are built with the XBOX DEV KIT! Thus, the compiled version of the emulator is illegal. PC emulators, however, are totally legal as long as they dont contain any code not belonging to them (as with the Xbox Emulator for PC, which has some part of the MS code, making it illegal to distribute) Xbox emulation is a specialty of mine, dont try and hold me back when i know what im saying And you dont HAVE to network with your Xbox to play emus, although thats easiest. You can make a CD-RW or DVD (depends on your DVD drive in the xbox) of the emulators, with modified .ini files and the isos on the disk. Doesnt work for big disks obviously, unless you choose DVD. And if you want to see screenshots of some Xbox emulator, tell me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please consider where you're posting this, and then consider wether or not anyone here is going to give a shit wether or not you talk about all that. Don't be so paranoid.

As for wether or not you know what you're saying, flaunting your knowledge doesn't impress me. It's nothing I don't already know myself.

My point was that you're not going to get in trouble for discussing this stuff here. At least to the best of my knowlege. Again, a mod will correct me if I'm out of line, but I'm pretty sure you're aloud to discuss emulators using XDK. And unless a mod tells us differently, you can drop the pretenses, you dig?

Thanks
    EP Points

My point being, you wont just find the emulators on any site, because of their legalities. So, unless you can get you hands on one (you gotta know where to look ), its not even worth discussing playing MGS on Xbox.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For makin an ISO of any PSX game you don't need to pay for something like Alcohol, it does not do anything special for PSX games, any ISO creating software will do including ISObuster

Yeah PSX emulation is not great on X-Box

PSX on PC is rather good and it is for that game though MGS is one of the games that Dual Shock does not work on when ran through emulation

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your whole point was, at least as I saw it, that you couldn't go into specifics because the emulators used XDK, and even suggested that people PM you for further info. Hell, you even went out of your way to point out to me the illegal nature of XDK, whereupon I suggested that you relax and post whatever it is you have to say on the matter.

Now, you don't have to have the XDK to run these emulators, as I've a co-worker that runs several emulators on his XBox, and he doesn't have it. The emulators were WRITTEN using XDK, and don't require it to run.

Eh, whatever. If you're adamant that you can't or won't offer help, then don't. Again, I was just trying to assure you that you wouldn't get in trouble for discussing the emulators simply because they were written using XDK. I've done that, and now I'm done with this convo.

EDIT: I will point out that at no time did you mention that you won't find the emulators on any site due to the fact that they were put together with XDK.
    If your point was that they can't be found on anything other then warez sites, then that's another matter. However, you were rather vague on the issue.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 16th-August-2004 at 14:10.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Basicly if it's emu related it's fine

Welcome back Cyberxion

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Heh, thanks Zorlon.

Sorry if I overstepped my boundries. I guess I just fell back into old habits. I'll try and curb that. Gotta remember that I'm no longer on the staff.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 16th-August-2004 at 14:18.