Thread: PS2 Third Strike ISO. . WTF

Thanks

Default PS2 Third Strike ISO. . WTF

Alright. . I got Third Strike. . it says that it's around 539 MB, only when I unpack it the image size turns into a psychotic 3.99 GIGS . .I've tried burning this to a DVD-R anyhow with no luck at all. Does anyone know wht the hell happened? Why did the image turn into something so big?

Thanks

3.99 isn't psycotic at all, but it is defenitely one of the biggest PS2 ISO.....and maybe the packer used the biggest compression....could be.
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Re: PS2 Third Strike ISO. . WTF

Originally posted by GOAT
    Alright. . I got Third Strike. . it says that it's around 539 MB, only when I unpack it the image size turns into a psychotic 3.99 GIGS . .I've tried burning this to a DVD-R anyhow with no luck at all. Does anyone know wht the hell happened? Why did the image turn into something so big?
    What problem did you get when burning it to a DVD-R?

Thanks

But see . .why would the size of the image change to 3.99 when the original file(s) combined for a total of 539 MB?

When I unpacked the rar files the image of Third Strike was almost 4 gigs .. .a 2-d arcade port almost 4 gigs?

I guess more importantly. . I'm wondering are the Third Strikes from SN actually real? And how did you get them to work.

Thanks

Default Re: Re: PS2 Third Strike ISO. . WTF

Originally posted by GundamGuy
    What problem did you get when burning it to a DVD-R?
    <----newbie

Anyway. . I burned it to a DVD-R and it will only show up as a little silver disk in my ps2 browser but when I press X it will never load.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well i dont know anything about Third Strike, but if it has any FMV's at all, then it could have a huge file size, FMV's take up a lot of space...

Also is your PS2 modded?

Also did you burn it as an image or as Data..

Thanks

yup . .Naruto and GGX2 work fine

hopefully someone will come in by the end of the day who actually got this game from SN with some sucess.

I'll just hang around .. thanks btw

Thanks
    EP Points

yup . .Naruto and GGX2 work fine

hopefully someone will come in by the end of the day who actually got this game from SN with some sucess.

I'll just hang around ..
    Ok then, it might just be a bad image file.. or a bad unpack.. what format was it packed with (.zip,.rar,.7z ect) and what did you use to unpack it?

Thanks

They came in 12 zips all RAR and one with the exact name "SFIII-Third Strike.sfv.SFV" I'm not sure what thats all about.

I extracted it with winRAR

[Image removed by Your Mom]

Thanks
    EP Points

They came in 12 zips all RAR and one with the exact name "SFIII-Third Strike.sfv.SFV" I'm not sure what thats all about.

I extracted it with winRAR
    Ok that should not be a problem... im sorry i cant help more im kind of new to PS2... stuff, and just a little bit rusty on ISO's anyway..

Could the game have copy protection and need a patch?

Try here for all you patch needs... its a good site even if it cant help you this time..

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

sfv file are used with a program to check the files are ok
    what was the outcome file named including extention

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I could get street fighter 3 thrid strike for the Dreamcast on one CD-R, the US version of Street Fighter 3: Thrid strike will be with the Street Fighter Collection comming out for the PS2 next month in the US. The Street Fighter Collection will have all the versions of Street Fighter 2 on one disc and will also got Street Fighter 3: Thrid Strike on it too. You can find Street Fighter 3: Thrid Strike for the Dreamcast anywhere, you have to look for it.
    Helping people with emulation problems.

Thanks

Street_Fighter_III_Third_Strike_FullDvd_Ntsc_Jap_B y_PaPaUpA_NSG_TEAM_www.torrentstation.tk(Easy CD Creator Image File)

Hmm . . .I cant be the only person who got this on here .. I downloaded it in a few hours because it was seeded by so many.

[Image removed by Your Mom]