Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help burning PSX games with NERO 6 Ultra Edition

Thanks
    EP Points

Question Help burning PSX games with NERO 6 Ultra Edition

Okay I got NERO 6 Ultra Edition and all the goodies that go with it. I got Vampire Hunter D in BIN/CUE format on my hard drive. Now I've been all over the net looking for the right solution, but to no avail. You see, every time I burn this game to a CD it won't run on ePSXe or my PlayStation (regular, not PS2 or the newfangled PS One). Now I set the write speed to 4x (it won't go any lower) and "multisession" is turned off and "finalize" is turned on. Also the "Disk at once" option is turned on cuz I read somewhere that is how it is supposed to be. I've gone about this process every way I know how, and nothing seems to get the job done properly. My CD-RW drive is a Sony CRX215E5. Now, the big question is: What are the correct settings to burn PSX BINs to a CD-R using NERO that will allow for a playable copy of the video game on an emu or console? I don't want answers on how to copy CD to CD. It seems most forums only tell you how to properly do that, rather than burn from BIN to CD. I would greatly appreciate any help which leads to the proper solution. I'm sick of burning coasters!

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay try burnin it with the image recorder first then burn the image onto a cd thats what i do wheni have trouble with games

Thanks
    EP Points

Image Recorder? Sorry I don't follow. Where is that in the options? Remember the game is in BIN/CUE format, not ISO or NRG...

Thanks
    EP Points

What CD plugin are you using?
    What i mean is to make a new data CD and burn all the files onto that but insted of burnin to a cd burn it to you HDD then burn to a cd this is the image recorder

Thanks

Its called a Virtual Drive. Theres a couple programs that can create virtual drives onto your pc. I use Daemon Tools, but theres also a virtual drive through Nero which u can enable through the options menu.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In Nero (Any Version)

Close the Wizard if it's open

Click
    File then Burn image... then sellect the cue file

Extra notes:-
    If you get an error (The error will come before any burning so don't worry about CD wastage) you need to edit the cue file and remove any path names from it with Notepad

example edit
    Before
    "C:\Path\Path\Some.Bin"
    After
    "Some.bin"

The rest of it should be left as it is
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-June-2004 at 23:47.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Originally posted by Zorlon
    File burn image then sellect the cue file

if you get an error you need to edit the cue file and remove any path names from it with Notepad

example edit
    Before
    "C: \Path\Path\Some.Bin"
    After
    "Some.bin"

The rest of it should be left as it is
    Thats as easy as it goes. Z just gave u the straight away method of burning without any hassle.

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay I got the image recorded. Now do I just select "CD-ROM (ISO)" in the New Compilation window and tell it to burn in Mode 2/XA? I got it set up just waiting for the go ahead from you if I'm correct.

Thanks

use zorlons method. Open nero click on the BURN IMAGE TOOL find your Bin/Cue files. Click on the cue file then just click next or ok on the next window and it should start burning correctly. It looks like u just may have been burning the iso in the wrong format. If u are given an error reread ZORLONS post.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I read Zorlon's reply above but that was after I did what Jaded said to do. So I may as well finish his method first to see if it works (since I already created the image on the hard drive).

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay I'm attempting to burn the image to CD now. BRB.

Thanks

well they are basically the same thing except that through jaded's method your just doing more work. ok let me help u

well then if u wanna go through jadded methods its just about the same but ur just recreating another image on your HD drive. To do so all you need to do is open nero, close out the setup wizard, click on RECORDER choose your virtual Drive, then go to RECORDER again and click on Burn image. Click ok/next then it will have u choose a place to put the new image file, U can then name it as well. Then all u need to do to burn it is go into Nero again go to BURN IMAGE again and then click on your image file u just created and burn. All done./....//..

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay I got another coaster. DAMN IT!!! WTF am I doing wrong??? The stuff is on the CD. Its got these folders:

BOS
    DEBUG
    EFFECT
    ETC
    MENU
    MOVIE
    SOUND
    XA

and then these files:

CHRFILE.BIN
    CHRHEAD.BIN
    MAPFILE.BIN
    MAPFILE.DAT
    NULL.DAT
    SLUS_011.38
    SYSTEM (SpeedDial file)

Everything is there as far as I know but it won't run on anything.
    GGGRRRRRR! I did everything you guys said to do, and nothing is working. The image is on the HD, and I burned it to CD. This is making me feel stupid as hell....

Thanks
    EP Points

Okay, I am going to use the CUE file this time, but I swear I did it this way before and it still didn't work. Here it goes...BRB.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just wondering what are you trying to run the game on after the burn

i.e PSX chipped or other methods

also are you using a PAL or NTSC machine

Another also have you even tested the game in cue/bin format with ePSXe using run iso?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-June-2004 at 00:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR