Thread: Need Help with Epsxe 1.6.0 and OpenGL

Thanks

Default Need Help with Epsxe 1.6.0 and OpenGL

Everyone I've talked to seems to have OpenGL for there video rendering. For the life of me I can never get it to work. Every time I try to load a game Epsxe crashes, or I get an error saying that I don't have some extension.

I though maybe that I didn't have a compatible video card, but I have a Radeon 9700 pro, which is OpenGl compatible.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Yea don't bother with OpenGL use P.E.Op.S 1.15 it works better for most com.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/peops/

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If pete's OpenGL is giving you those errors you simply do not have full OpenGL support so try D3D instead

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Originally posted by Zorlon
    If pete's OpenGL is giving you those errors you simply do not have full OpenGL support so try D3D instead
    I am using D3D, just thought OpenGL would be better.

btw, which is better to use D3D or DX6 D3D?

Thanks
    EP Points

His graphics card has full OpenGL support - indeed I believe it supports up to 1.4 100% and something like 90% of 1.5 (this Radeon 8500 supports it all too).

What driver revision you using? If you are using the default ones then you need to upgrade for GL support - but I find it hard to believe you would put up with the standard drivers

Thanks

Originally posted by Del_Boy
    His graphics card has full OpenGL support - indeed I believe it supports up to 1.4 100% and something like 90% of 1.5 (this Radeon 8500 supports it all too).

What driver revision you using? If you are using the default ones then you need to upgrade for GL support - but I find it hard to believe you would put up with the standard drivers
    The graphics card drivers I'm using are Cat. 4.1

It just sickens me that fo some stupid reason I can't use Petes OpenGL or OpenGL2 plugins, even though I know my machine can handle them and then some.

Thanks
    EP Points

The next time you get an error saying it can't find an extension, could you copy down the exact error.

There is no reason I can think of that should prevent you from using Pete's GL plugin (he devs it on an ATI card after all).

Also try going into your driver advanced properties and turn off VPU Recover, that may fix it.
    Last edited by Del_Boy; 6th-February-2004 at 15:50.

Thanks

I'll try the VPU recover thing.

anyway I remember what the error was.

When I try and use Pete's OpenGL plugin the entire program flat out crashes.

When I try and use Petes OpenGL2 plugin I get a missing wgl extenstion error.

Thanks
    EP Points

For the OGL2 error go into the settings and disable:

Use Pixel Shader for 'PSX texture window' emulation

Thanks

thanks man I'll try it when I get home.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You will be wanting the extra Shaders that are compatable with Radeon 8500 in GLslang format not supported my own card (GeForce FX thing)

The shaders are found at http://home.t-online.de/home/PeteBernert/

Sorry about giving false info I will remember for next time , I do get so many Q's about this and most the time it is because there hardware is incompatable even after updating drivers and direct X

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

why use ogl anyway? i tried opengl once and i couldn't see any diff between it and d3d.