Thread: why wait for psp?

Thanks

Default why wait for psp?

i was surfing zophars when i came across info on a new psx emulator for pocketpc (based on the fpse core). it apparently runs tons of games including ff7. i don't know how the controls or anything work and memory cards big enough to hold isos must cost a ton of money. still, memcards ARE reusable and a 4gig CF-compatiable microdrive would be able to hold even the biggest games. they've even got some screenshots at the site. check it out.

http://www.gf-a.com/

-edit-
    i put this in the wrong place. please move it to the right place
    Last edited by madcrow; 4th-February-2004 at 17:55.

Voltaire Guest

Actually, the PSP supposedly has the capability to run PS2, PSX, and PSP-exclusive games. Based on the specs, the PSP can run PS2 games--that is, direct-ports of PS2 games on the mini-DVD discs--if they upgrade the RAM on the PSP, which is the only thing they need to do.

Thanks

umm, not the psp I heard about at E3. The psp has the ability to run games equal to the power of the psx. It does not play psx or ps2 games, it has it's own exclusive games. It is going to be better than game boy advanced sp because the games are gonna be 3D-just like the psx accept better graphics since the screen is smaller (If ya know what I mean) Thats what I understand of it any way...
    XBConnect Gamertag: arazfar
    Xbox Live Gamertag: ZafierX
    <object height="180" width="470"><embed src="http://haloib.com/stats/stats.swf?playerName=ZafierX&bg=5" quality="high" height="120" width="400"></object>

Thanks

I hop it's not as choppy as the NGage, but it sounds really good, and powerful too.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

GP32 was more powerfull than the GBA but it just never took off, I'm sure brand names has alot to do with this, same for NGage it's just too costy and by a phone company not a console company.

Hopefully the PSP being by Sony will take off aswell as having some great titles being made for it.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Originally posted by arazfar
    It is going to be better than game boy advanced sp because the games are gonna be 3D-
    God I hate that argument. 3D does not make games suddenly good, if it did the Virtual Boy would of sold billions. Sure, it looks a little better, but whats the point on a 2-3 inch screen...

Anyways, more on topic. That'd be nice if you already have a Pocketpc. But aren't those things around $250, and I don't want to think how much they'd rip you for a 4 gig drive on that. I can't see the PSP being released at a price that isn't competitive with the GBA. So I can't see the PocketPC giving the PSP any troubles.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Originally posted by arazfar
    umm, not the psp I heard about at E3. The psp has the ability to run games equal to the power of the psx. It does not play psx or ps2 games, it has it's own exclusive games. It is going to be better than game boy advanced sp because the games are gonna be 3D-just like the psx accept better graphics since the screen is smaller (If ya know what I mean) Thats what I understand of it any way...
    The power of the PSP will be closer to PS2 than PSX. It's printed all over the net.

Thanks

of cousre, my title was just a little joke meant to point out the fact that a psx emulator with ok compatability now exists for pocketpc, a fact no-one has commented on. plus, i still think that i put this is the wrong place (big time) and someone ought to move it to everything emu.

Akito Guest

I just hope the PSP forces nintendo to do some serious upgrading to the game boy and quit these little upgrades over time. The gameboy need a massive facelift and tons more power.