Thread: Im having problems with Xenogears CD 1

Krake Guest

Default Im having problems with Xenogears CD 1

I use ePSXe 1.6.0 version. When I move around on Xenogears, on some places, the game frozens, and the music continues on! Can anyone help me?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Re: Im having problems with Xenogears CD 1

Originally posted by Krake
    I use ePSXe 1.6.0 version. When I move around on Xenogears, on some places, the game frozens, and the music continues on! Can anyone help me?
    If you looked in the Help running game on PSX emu thread you will have seen a post by Kirby recomending petes sound plugin if thats any help
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-January-2004 at 23:03.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I know their is a point in the game were you will need a work around to get past a certain cutscene.. I dunno if that's what you're talking about but try Zorlon's suggestion.. And if it's a cutscene that it keeps freezing at their's a certain F key you have to hit.. Unless they fixed that in the latest version...

I need, I want, I care, I weep, I ache, I am. I said, I am.

Thanks

Default Re: Im having problems with Xenogears CD 1

when it freezes try changing the frame skip so it goes REALLY fast, or as fast as possible, after about two minutes it should unfreeze... well it did for me...

Thanks

One suggestion, you might want to try to run the game with ePSXe v1.5.2 cause I've read around and ppl say that there are some Squaresoft games freezes with ePSXe v1.6 example:

FF9: Disk 1, when Vivi, Dagger, Steiner, and you (main character) gets on the airship FMV...it'll freeze and won't move at all.

*Note: the top scenario happened to me and I switched over to ePSXe v1.5.2 and then I had no problem*
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Thanks

yeah,and upon starting a new game in chrono cross the game will go to a black screen and stay there in 1.6 but in 1.52 it works fine.Thats why i keep both versions on hand at all times!

Krake Guest

None of those ideas did work. Any more ideas?

Thanks

Krake wat's your computer spec? Can you run other games with ePSXe smoothly? And what video + sound drivers are u using?
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b*tch-slap the f**ker upside the head...

<a href="http://207.44.214.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11884&perpage=15&pagenu mber=10">Trade List</a>

Thanks

Try running Xenogears with CVGS..I use CVGS and Xeno runs way better with no slow downs or messed up screens..

Krake Guest

Originally posted by Makenshi
    Try running Xenogears with CVGS..I use CVGS and Xeno runs way better with no slow downs or messed up screens..
    Sure, but what is CVGS, and where I can download it?

Originally posted by Soujiro-san
    Krake wat's your computer spec? Can you run other games with ePSXe smoothly? And what video + sound drivers are u using?
    CPU - 1-Intel� Pentium� 4 CPU 2.66GHz, 2666MHz, 512KB (0% Load)
    RAM - usage: 296/512MB (57.81%)
    GFX - NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440, Display - 1024x768/32bit/60Hz
    OS - Windows XP Professional (5.1 - 2600), (installed for) 22w 5d 7h 12m, (uptime) 4h 22m 47s .:. (HDDs) 50.9G/74.5G(68.4%) free

There. I know this maybe will sound stupid, but I have a hunch that you, Makenshi, will help me.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Get the emu at http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_utils_emu.shtml
    you may also want to get the games.txt file from http://www.aldostools.com to improve the compatability of CVGS

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Sure, but what is CVGS, and where I can download it?

CPU - 1-Intel� Pentium� 4 CPU 2.66GHz, 2666MHz, 512KB (0% Load)
    RAM - usage: 296/512MB (57.81%)
    GFX - NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440, Display - 1024x768/32bit/60Hz
    OS - Windows XP Professional (5.1 - 2600), (installed for) 22w 5d 7h 12m, (uptime) 4h 22m 47s .:. (HDDs) 50.9G/74.5G(68.4%) free

There. I know this maybe will sound stupid, but I have a hunch that you, Makenshi, will help me.
    lol Zorlon beat me to it.. He knows a lot about this kind of stuff too..

Krake Guest

Great! CVGS worked just great with Xenogears! Now I can go on and play the game!