Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sega CD ISO's and Go!Zilla

PupilEX Guest

Default Sega CD ISO's and Go!Zilla

Hello Everyone, I'm new here, but I do have a very big question.

I've been at this for a while, but, I can't get it to work. Well, Apparently, you can't use Sega CD ISO's with "Gens" unless you
    use a Download manager such as Go!Zilla. In other words, the ISO won't work unless you download with it, (or DAP which i don't know where to find). Any how, I just want to play Sega CD!

But like it says, those ISO's don't work when I download them regularly. I've tried Go!Zilla, but I can't seem to get it to work. It keep downloading "download.cgi" which is totally usless to me.

I'm wondering if anyone can help me get this working.

Here's what I've accomplished so far.

The Sega CD US Bios V. 2.0 is in place and working fine. So all I have is that Sega CD intro that brings back so many memories!

That's all though.

If anyone can help me get these ISO's working, in any way, I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm also wondering if I'm better of burning these ISO's or not.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance.

PupilEX

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I've downloaded several SegaCD Iso's without using a download manager, and they've all worked for me.... It's rather odd that the download program you use would make any difference, and in fact I'm positive it doesn't.
    As for the rest, I'm afraid you'll have to be patient, and wait for someone else with a bit more knowledge on the subject to help you.

PupilEX Guest

oh ok.

It DOES say to use a Download manager on this very website. In the Sega CD ISO section.

Thanks for the quick reply.

PupilEX

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by PupilEX
    oh ok.

It DOES say to use a Download manager on this very website. In the Sega CD ISO section.

Thanks for the quick reply.

PupilEX
    Right, and your comprehension skills are lacking, apparently. See, it suggests you use a download manager to get the games, and not to use them with the emulator. See, the emulator would have no way of knowing just how you downloaded the games, and thus it makes little difference how you get them!

PupilEX Guest

Actually, on the Sega CD ISO Page
    http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/segacd/

it says, and I Quote

"You must use a download manager such as DAP or Go!Zilla to download these files, or they won't work!"

Thanks for replying again tho.

PupilEX

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It means that if you don't download them with a manager, you run a greater risk of coming across errors which may cause the file to come out messed up.
    The method you use to download a game doesn't make the slightest bit of a difference as far as compatibility with the emulator goes man. Not a tiny bit of difference....

EDIT: At any rate, I hope someone comes along soon enough to help you with the rest of your troubles, and I hope at least this much is clear to you at this point...
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 19th-January-2004 at 23:08.

PupilEX Guest

oh ok. Thanks.

But, How do I get these ISO's working on Gens? They won't work for me.

the Bios loads, but not the game.

Thanks for clearing that other part up though.

PupilEX

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, It's been awhile since I've used Gens, so I'm not really too sure. I'll look into it and get back to you later.

Thanks

Are you trying to play the game using the download.cgi? Or did you get a .rar file? :\

PupilEX Guest

LOL, Of Course not, It's the Rar File I can't run, and it unzips it self into many files for the ISO. So unzipping it won't work. I can't run the .rar file on it's own with gens. That's the problem I'm getting.

Thanks for replying though.

And thanks for lokking into it Cyberxion.

PupilEX

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I will get the thing working for you with a bit of time but I need to know what files you have first so tell me exactly what files do you have including there extentions, please

Edit.. I'm talking about the files for your CD Image by the way
    Last edited by Zorlon; 20th-January-2004 at 00:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

PupilEX Guest

Well, I'm Trying to get Popful Mail, Sonic CD, EarthWorm Jim, Sewershark, maybe others in the future, what i really want to know is how to do it, but if you could help me get them working that would be great.

Well, right now I only Care about Popful Mail, and Sonic CD.

so here's what's in "popful mail(usa)-iso.zip has inside.

POP.RAR
    POP.R00
    POP.R01
    POP.R02
    POP.R03
    POP.R04
    POP.R05
    POP.R06
    POP.R07
    POP.R08
    POP.R09
    POP.R10
    POP.R11
    POP.R12
    POP.R13
    POP.R14

And each of those have their OWN files in them, ....

I wonder if I just run POP.RAR if it will unrar the nessesary files and it will work... well, I'll go try that now, but incase it doesn't I'll post this anyhow.

Thanks

PupilEX

PupilEX Guest

hmm, doing that actually booted up the game, but unfortunately it froze at the Sega Logo.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's more a problem of compatibility then anything. I have the same problem when I try to run Popful Mail.

PupilEX Guest

hmm, I tried Sonic CD and it ran fine untill the point where where Robotnik is holding a sign saying "RAM Cartridge is not initialized. Use options screen to initialize RAM cartridge."

I wonder what that means? Any one know?

Thanks

PupilEX