Thread: Pal on a NTSC PSx

chronos Guest

Default Pal on a NTSC PSx

Well I have been searching for a good program to convert my PAL game to NTSC. I have searched many places but no programs seems to work. Does anyone have a program that they would recommend?

thanks

trelimb Guest

I know of something. It's not a program though. There are two things actually. One way to do it is there are patches for specific games.

The other way I know is something called an import player. It's a kind of swap disc that lets you choose the region. The cool thing about the import player is that it lets you position the screen while the patches will sometimes offcenter the image. The thing to remember about this is that it is not a boot disc that lets you play games withoug a modchip since it will be a burned copy itself.

Will that work for you?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you looking for display or boot patchers or both?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 16th-October-2003 at 13:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

chronos Guest

Thanks for the tips guys, I just want to patch the game myself since there isnt a patch out there for tetris plus and I dont want to go through to hassle of swaping everytime I want to play.

@Zorlon- I'm looking for display and boot patchers.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I do the same myself for me PAL PSone besides 2 CD games still do not work fully with Import Player

The tools you need for this are at http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_utils_pn_cnv.shtml

the ones I use are:-

For Display
    PAL4U (get the top 2 DL's for that (can convert to NTSC so don't let the name confuse you))
    Zapper 2000 (Use if PAL4U does not help)

For Booting up
    Patch-It (Lets you make your CD/ISO have a NTSC boot)

Always check http://www.megagames.com/psx/psx_patches.shtml first to see if there has been a patch already made for the game you want to be NTSC instaed of PAL (You may still need to use Patch-It for the boot sequence using the pre made patches)

Edit:- These are all made to be used with Cue/Bin iso's

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

chronos Guest

thanks for the great advice, I'll try this out. I went the megagames many times but the PAL4U confuse me.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by chronos
    thanks for the great advice, I'll try this out. I went the megagames many times but the PAL4U confuse me.
    I'm guessing but only because you havn't given enough info to work on.

PAL4U consists of 2 programs and that is probly why you are getting confused that is why I say get the top 2 DL's for it.

One PAL4U prog is for searching and saving a patch and the other program is to apply the patch to the ISO (Cue/Bin format)

Apart from that it's simple realy, I'm guessing you only ever had one prog for PAL4U not both of them.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

chronos Guest

thanks, for all of the info.
    I tried it but it still stayed in PAL mode.
    I gave you a 5 on the vote.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wish I could help more but it must just be one of those games you can't patch with the progs I mentioned there are a small amount of games that can not be or only partially patched with the above progs most will just work though

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Nearly all psx modchips can play pal and ntsc games normally without having to patch them.

sig and avatar by Nightingale.
    "Tengo un nudo en la garganta" (un ahorcado).
    "Levantare a los ca�dos y oprimir� a los grandes" (el sost�n).
    "Cuando te fuiste me dejaste un sabor amargo en la boca" (Monica Lewinski).
    "Se me fue la mano" (Mazinger Z)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your totaly wrong StrideS you require a Scart conection to do that with the Gray PSX and for the PSone White you can only play CDR backups that have the same boot as the actual PSX I.E. pal white PSone's with chips can only use PAL CDR games not even originals will work anymore thats one reason there is such a thing as the Import player

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I got one good awesome program which has done an excellent job at converting my pal games to ntsc. Ive used it allot for ps2 game isos but im sure u can use it to convert psx isos as well.

Edit: Sorry bout that Z. lol the thing wouldnt upload correctly it timed out on me so i wasnt sure if it made it this time. Anyway man go ahead and download it from below.

P.S. I new i forgot something. It works on winXP ive seen allot of other patchers and this ones the one ive actually got to work on XP. Just locate the .bin file then just convert to pal or to ntsc.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nightfall Z; 27th-October-2003 at 02:06.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

LOL you had me thinking there I seen ya post before.

Edit: Thats OK I figured it was somthing silly.
    I'll be sure to check it out, thanks
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-October-2003 at 01:24.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Originally posted by trelimb
    I know of something. It's not a program though. There are two things actually. One way to do it is there are patches for specific games.

The other way I know is something called an import player. It's a kind of swap disc that lets you choose the region. The cool thing about the import player is that it lets you position the screen while the patches will sometimes offcenter the image. The thing to remember about this is that it is not a boot disc that lets you play games withoug a modchip since it will be a burned copy itself.

Will that work for you?
    Can you please tell me how to get import player to position the screen? Alot of the games that I patched have offcenter images, so I want to use image player to recenter them. I already have import player and import player lite, but I can't figure out on either of them to get them to center the screen. BTW-I have a ntsc tv and patched the psx games from pal to ntsc, resulting in an offcenter screen.

PSX - Crash Bash [NTSC]
    PSX - Vagrant Story [NTSC&PAL]
    PSX - Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped [NTSC]
    PSX - Azure Dreams [NTSC]
    PSX - Hydro Thunder [NTSC]
    :::[DOWNLOAD PSX ISOS FROM OMNIROM.TK]:::

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Both have that feature on automaticly and can't be turned off but I know there are other boot CD's for the PSone that let you set the Y-Pos yourself, although I can't remember what this boot disc was called and I got a PAL version of it, but if I come across the CD I could always ISO it then send you it (Just patch the boot value of it to NTSC)

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]