Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't read Dragonlance in chronological order of date published if you get around to it. Skip to the good stuff like Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman most notably in The Legend of Huma. If you have a good imagination it plays out in your head like you are virtually transported to world of Krynn as bystander of its happenings. Dark Sun always has the campaign setting foundation for Spelljammer game sessions I DM, its characters are demigods in other worlds due to alien world adaptation, psionics and technology. Spelljammer being the connection to Realmspace, Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance(Krynn) and other campaign settings.

Edit:// if you are creating an all-purpose character that ties in to every campaign setting a dual-class human cleric/mage, half-elf fighter/mage/cleric or cleric/mage of Ao(overgod, first god that is alien to all pantheons) is the best spacefarer in the D&D multiverse. In Spelljammer you need both cleric and mage abilities to operate the ship's helm controls and Spelljammer connects to all campaign settings. Should also have psionic abilities if the DM allows it in under the ruleset.

Example...

Class: Cleric/Mage

Domains: Animal(empowered summoning spells feat as cleric and mage), Magic(extra mage spells as cleric spells)

Deity: Ao

Str: 14
    Dex: 12
    Con: 12
    Int: 18
    Wis: 16
    Cha: 10

Feats: Tower Shield proficiency(cross class), still spell(to cast arcane spells with shield without spell failure), weapon focus(sling, for ranged attacks while using shield)

Skills: Spellcraft, Craft Weapon(to craft slings and bullets), Lore(to identify magic robes and shields), Lockpicking(cross class, to access areas that are locked while invisible which allows you to circumvent more dangerous areas. Added benefit of unlocking chests with magic items that can't be brute forced open with weapon or spell damage)

Gear: Mage robes(preferably enchanted), Tower Shield(preferably enchanted), sling, sling bullets, healing potions, full plate armor(optional, can wear it in heavy combat situation just be mindful of its weight and encumbrance), Warhammer(for melee)

Spells: Monster Summoning of each level memorized multiple times with one healing spell of each level memorized(for use in combination with healing potions to restore HP), Invisibility spells to cast summoning spells unseen, True Seeing and equivalent spells to see invisible spellcasters that can't see you and see monsters appear that see them and attack instead.

Tactics: stay invisible as long as possible to summon and heal yourself unseen, let summoned creatures do the combat until you run out of summoning spells. Finish off surviving injured opponents with sling and shield at range last, if bullets run out switch to warhammer and shield. Sling becomes best ranged attack in combination with tower shield armor class(especially +1 and above enchanted) bonus versus archers. You can use sling in melee range with shield, craft bullets from rocks whenever possible or buy them from merchants in stores.

Other: Psionics(optional)
    Last edited by Till; 12th-December-2023 at 22:19.

Miami, FL 3️⃣ 0️⃣ 5️⃣ I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed.
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I misread this as wash NADS at first expecting sense in a cosmos that makes none. Best restroom ever.

"Nucular weapons." ~ George W. Bush

Thanks
    EP Points

Funny that Dragonlance was mentioned. Just finished the twins trilogy last night. Loved these when I was a kid and they still hold up. Kinda short though. The elven nations trilogy is pretty good too which is a little more obscure and outside of the core companions books.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Funny that Dragonlance was mentioned. Just finished the twins trilogy last night. Loved these when I was a kid and they still hold up. Kinda short though. The elven nations trilogy is pretty good too which is a little more obscure and outside of the core companions books.
    The entire Dragonlance series is recommended reading if you ask me, I'm partial to Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman novels. After years of wondering why there was no film based on it we got a mediocre animated movie. And awful NES games, because they also can't match the novels in epic scope or authorship. The bright spots were the PC game RPGs, back then TSR was in full effect and hitting on every cylinder. It's the nostalgia of Dragonlance that makes me revisit it in books and emulation.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/c...4m0/?context=3

I haven't played it (on XSX) for a couple of months now I guess? My char lvl is just under 50 iirc, I got a bit bored and thought I'd take a break to wait for updates.
    Haven't got into playing any other games since (I have tested some retro platform games though).

Might check it out again when I get some days off over Christmas, games like this need a decent session not just 1-2 hours of playing.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I'm concerned Fallout will turn into a drama that takes itself seriously when the undertones of the game are parody that's heavy on sarcasm. It should be dark comedy at least partially, because there is need to lighten the mood and the game does that from time to time with it's humor. The parody in it is what gives it it's charm, it provides much of the funny aspects.
    Last edited by Till; 13th-December-2023 at 19:08.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    I'm concerned Fallout will turn into a drama that takes itself seriously when the undertones of the game are parody that's heavy on sarcasm. It should be dark comedy at least partially, because there is need to lighten the mood and the game does that from time to time with it's humor. The parody in it is what gives it it's charm, it provides much of the funny aspects.
    I agree with you on all of this.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I agree with you on all of this.
    Amazon used crappy AI to do promotional art for it, corners will be cut and things will be half-assed despite more than adequate funding available. I don't have my hopes set too high so that I'm not disappointed because so far it seems more like a money grab than something that people will demand a sequel to. If it does turn out as well as the game deserves then it'll be a pleasant surprise, game to live action has a history of flops.

Thanks
    EP Points

Was given a couple of desktops and a monitor that are ex-business gear.
    Not new of course, Win10 machines.
    Haven't tested anything yet... but imagine my surprise when popping open the cases I spot SSD's and dedicated graphics cards (that aren't low profile and actually take up 2 slots).
    Both tower cases are tool-less.

Might have time on Sunday to investigate further.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Was given a couple of desktops and a monitor that are ex-business gear.
    Not new of course, Win10 machines.
    Haven't tested anything yet... but imagine my surprise when popping open the cases I spot SSD's and dedicated graphics cards (that aren't low profile and actually take up 2 slots).
    Both tower cases are tool-less.

Might have time on Sunday to investigate further.
    nice. the card itself could be worth $150+ easily.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    nice. the card itself could be worth $150+ easily.
    They're 2x gigabyte cards but idk what ones exactly yet. One mb has 2x ssd on board the other has sata ssd.
    PSU's are corsair. These honestly don't look like business pc's they look like older gaming rigs (probably not high end for the time though)... to me anyway
    One case has i5 sticker on it and I'm guessing nothing has been changed/swapped out since they were built.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a BD burner sitting here for ages now so hopefully one of these rigs will end up with that (they both have multi DVD burners atm).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ram slots aren't fully populated.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

The lenovo monitor might be junk, person I got it from isn't sure.
    Whatever

Spoiler warning: