Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1404

Thread: The Elmdor-Appreciation-Out - Number of practitioners: one.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Spoiler warning:

I printed myself a Mandalorian Helmet.
    Printed? This isn't the way.

Seriously though, looks good.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Printed? This isn't the way.

Seriously though, looks good.
    3D Printing is a wonderful tool.

I honestly wish I didn't run out of black Filament, but I'm going to just paint the orange at the top lol.

Gotta print the ears on the sides yet too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I haven't gotten around to playing Starfield much. I mess around with it for a while comparing it to Outer Worlds which I prefer and I play Fallout 4 instead more. So I've finally decided to dedidate some extended time to it and come up with a build, I want to have access to all ship skills for building and upgrades as the priority. Everything else is optional.

Edit:// so I've decided Spaced and Hero Worshipped has that Han Solo and Chewie thing going, Wanted as third trait for space pirate wanted for smuggling shooting bounty hunters first. Explorer background for lasers like Han and Astrodynamics for fastest hunk of junk pirate ship in the galaxy.

If Han did not shoot first he would not have survived long enough to help save the galaxy, first thing he did when he met Darth Vader in person was shoot first no matter if Greedo getting merced first was edited out. Give no quarter when you're given none, that's the moral of that story.

And always compensate the property owner for the innocent inanimate objects you harm.

"Sorry for the mess." ~ Han Solo

Anyway, key skills for build.

Piloting, Astrodynamics, Engine Systems, Starship Design, Shield Systems, Targeting Control Systems, Aneutronic Fusion, Scanning
    Last edited by Till; 20th-March-2024 at 04:53.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

glad you mentioned skyrim today as that motivated me to finally get it and fallout 4 as I may not be able to get it from my usual place after the 23rd of this month I got my fingers crossed that it won't be the case.
    i have a backup but it's not as good.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    @Grouch and Lefty

I disagree with not wanting Californians in my state, they're as far away from me as possible in mainland US and I rarely if ever encounter them. While I don't share your sentiment you're entitled to yours, I like the West Coast and have lived in LA after a visit became an extended stay. People in Compton live in a high crime area but not as bad as some hoods in Miami, I fit in at any ghetto and have love for the people who are managing to survive in them just as I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    glad you mentioned skyrim today as that motivated me to finally get it and fallout 4 as I may not be able to get it from my usual place after the 23rd of this month I got my fingers crossed that it won't be the case.
    i have a backup but it's not as good.
    Bethesda has to outdo Skyrim, not a plausible task and not looking forward to next installment of Elder Scrolls. Unless it has the Skyrim hold guard sarcastic Nord dickhead humor it will lack a classic element. Also, Skyrim's new content makes it a waste of time playing Srarfield, newer is not the same as better. Dare I say Skyrim is the best game ever? It didn't start out that way and has become in retrospect for me.

Edit:// As an optimal build that you can play your first character with in Skyrim, Grouch. An orc with One-handed, Archery, Restoration, Heavy Armor, Smithing and Enchanting can annihilate guards and just about everything else as a main battle tank. Make your way to the Reach in the west of the map where you will encounter Forsworn to get the Forsworn Axe and Forsworn Bow, they can be upgraded with common materials and once maxed out with smithing and echanting become top tier weapons. Also, Berserker Rage makes you deal 50% more damage in melee and take 50% less physical damage, but poison and magic do full damage so add magic and poison resistance enchantments to armor. In melee, use one hand to heal and the other to attack for nigh invincibility in combat. You don't need to use anything more advanced than Orcish Smithing heavy armor to be upgraded to epic proportions.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Reach

When you find an item with the Muffle enchantment, disenchant it to learn it and then apply it to your heavy armor boots. After that you can add Sneak perks to combine with archery and one-hit kill almost anything with damage multipliers sniping. Raise your Health to 200 first, then raise Magicka to 200 followed by 200 Stamina as you level up. After that Health only.
    Last edited by Till; 20th-March-2024 at 17:48. Reason: Graphics are nice but humor is better as a comedic break from the tragic story...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Speaking of Skyrim mods, nothing quite as satisfying as walking up to a hold guard asshole and taking over his life, though Nazeem is Skyrim's most renowned dickhead and he deserves the abuse.

Alternate Actors: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...file_id=132824

Then putting them on autopilot to go be a wandering wanker with AI as you watch the cartoon.

Sky Trek: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...ion/mods/25308

Edit:// to make Skyrim more like Fallout 4 you can add Campfire, Campfire Unleashed, Pocket Empire Builder and Decorator Helper to build settlements or an entire new region with player homes.
    Last edited by Till; 20th-March-2024 at 18:28. Reason: Anyway...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I decided to boot into Windows instead of Linux and now I have a crapload of drivers to update. I almost missed the toil.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

7 is a long game but it's also pretty good for when it was first released. I swore that when I finished it(which I did without cheating or save states I played it on my ps3)I wouldn't touch another main DQ/DW game again. I did though I can't remember which one it was but I played one on DS and got most of the way through it but got side tracked with all the side quests and crafting then I put it down and forgot where I stopped.
    I did end up getting my package yesterday close to 5pm. what really gets me with them is this is the second time this year they have done this crap to me. the first time I ordered something from a neighboring state it realistically should not have taken more than 3 days they shipped it through 3 other states
    and let it sit for 2-3 days before finally delivering it on the last possible day a similar thing happened with an item I bought 2 weeks ago but it was shipped with usps and it was a guaranteed 2-3 day shipping it took 4(it didn't help that we had a new mail delivery person that day)
    something else I've noticed and I don't know if ebay or fedex specifically are at fault but the tracking info is off by several hours or even days. when I checked the tracking info on my package yesterday I checked it around 3am the time stamp on the tracking info said last update monday 7am
    what timezone is 3hrs ahead of eastern time? the other thing the got me was on saturday they updated the tracking info saying it was delayed due to weather there was no bad weather in this county or state then a few minuets later(according to their time stamp) it was arriving on time. they could have contacted me to tell me it was going to be late or something got messed up but they didn't. too many companies have forgotten what customer service is.
    my only real concern here was not having dropped over the gate on my porch or left where it could have gotten stolen or wet.
    Ha. I do think it's a pretty good game. The biggest grievance could be how open the game is even by Dragon Quest standards. It's pretty easy to miss shards. It's a very slow starter that's for sure. Takes about 3 hours before you fight anything. I'm now 11 hours in and there are still characters to discover and aspects of the gameplay which have yet to be revealed (I know because I read up on the game a bit). I finally just filled out the full party size.

By and large, Dragon Quest games deliver exactly what I expect of them. A no frills jrpg experience. While there are differences game to game, if you've played one you've largely played them all. I did absolutely love 8. I've been meaning to give 7 a proper playthrough for awhile, and the mood struck. I think I'll see it through this time. It's as far as I've been in the game by a fair bit.

Something else I've been meaning to do is try more of the spinoff games.

I'm glad you ultimately got your package at least.

On tracking, the way it usually works is the scan doesn't show up right away for some reason. I've noticed this with USPS especially.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Ha. I do think it's a pretty good game. The biggest grievance could be how open the game is even by Dragon Quest standards. It's pretty easy to miss shards. It's a very slow starter that's for sure. Takes about 3 hours before you fight anything. I'm now 11 hours in and there are still characters to discover and aspects of the gameplay which have yet to be revealed (I know because I read up on the game a bit). I finally just filled out the full party size.

By and large, Dragon Quest games deliver exactly what I expect of them. A no frills jrpg experience. While there are differences game to game, if you've played one you've largely played them all. I did absolutely love 8. I've been meaning to give 7 a proper playthrough for awhile, and the mood struck. I think I'll see it through this time. It's as far as I've been in the game by a fair bit.

Something else I've been meaning to do is try more of the spinoff games.

I'm glad you ultimately got your package at least.

On tracking, the way it usually works is the scan doesn't show up right away for some reason. I've noticed this with USPS especially.
    I don't think I missed any shards on my last playthrough. one thing I noticed about this game(and many other jrpgs) is lack of money or exp I found in DQ/DW 7 that getting decent gear was a grind particularly early on when you don't have access to magic or skills and even trying to carry around a surplus of healing items can be costly staying at inns can be costly too.
    but overall it's still a good game and one that feels like an accomplishment to finish.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    @Grouch

This mod lets you play the instruments you find in Skyrim and play them at taverns for pay.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...ab=description

They're otherwise useless items, install SkyUI if you already haven't. The lute can be strapped to your back with an upgrade to it, one can be found at White River Watch.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:White_River_Watch (inside the indoor area next to a shelf)

Also near Whiterun:

Flute: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Fort_Greymoor (outside on second level upstairs on a table)

Drum: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Valtheim_Towers (on shelf inside second tower)

Note: you get enchanted heavy armor gauntlets by defeating the White River Watch boss. For the purpose of making a bard character specifically a Breton in heavy armor has both damage and magic resistance to clear out those areas easier and grab those instruments early in the game. Two-hanced, Heavy Armor, Restoration(switching to healing spells in both hands to dual-cast) and Enhanting to disenchant and learn that enchantment and place it on armor. Go with Ralof at the beginning of the game into the keep, you'll find heavy imperial armor there. Kill one of the Stormcloaks for his/her two-handed weapon. After defeating the White River Watch boss you'll get better heavy armor and two-handed weapons.

If you install Live Another Life, choose to be a member of a guild and the Companions. You'll start with heavy armor, near where you can find instruments and can play music at the Bannered Mare tavern.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272

A Breton and a Companion, you get to be a werewolf(immunity to disease) as bonus but that's a spoiler. If you find a poison resistance enchanted item apply it to your heavy armor for resistance to all damage types and make it a point to find the Lord Stone for additional damage and magic resistance on top of enchantments and racial magic resistance. Invest perks in Smithing to improve weapons and armor as a secondary skill with Arcane Blacksmith perk. If your character is female go to Riften and marry Marcurio, you do all smashing and slashing in melee and he does all the ranged magic blasting.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Marcurio

That bard mod includes your follower playing alongside you, reason to marry.

Recap of Bard build key perks:

Barbarian(2), Juggernaut(1), Well Fitted, Novice Restoration, Restoration Dual Casting, Enchanter(1), Corpus Enchanter, Steel Smithing, Arcane Blacksmith

Race: Breton

Standing Stone: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:The_Lord_Stone

Equal points in Magicka/Health/Stamina

(If female marry Marcurio.)

The basics, anything else can be added as you level up. It's versatile and stuff, muffle enchantment on boots can be combined with archery and sneak to one-hit kill many things at range in heavy armor with damage multipliers. Also, Marcurio can be commanded to open locks for you, no need for lockpicking skill. You can dabble in Alchemy to qualify for the Snakeblood perk for 50% natural resistance to poison, and resistance to all damage types without enchantments. And in Alteration for magic resistance perks on top of racial magic resistance, enchantment magic resistance and Lord Stone magic resistance to watch all the wizards get destroyed and laugh. Finally, Bretons make the best conjurers and are naturals at necromancy.

And that's without shouts as Dragonborn. You can learn to breathe fire in one of the Companion quests. Vampires whose disease you're immune to as a werewolf and with a stark weakness to fire beware. Especially in the Dawnguard setting.

When you create a female Breton bard, give her a pretty face, black hair and blue eyes naming her Amy Lee. Marcurio being interested in her is definitely understandable plus what in tarnation is Amy Lee doing in Skyrim?

Edit:// If you create a male Redguard bard who plays drums with this mod to make him 6' 6" you have Snoop Dogg. ;p

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32155

Not naturally magic resistant like Breton but poison resistance(resistance to all damage types with Lord Stone) and Adrelanine Rush to chain several power attacks with two-handed weapons together for massive damage. He can marry Aela the Huntress as a Companion.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Aela_the_Huntress

And instead of Conjuration, Speech for better prices at stores and dialogue options for role playing. He's a rapper, can speak alright. Intimidation makes him gangsta.
    Last edited by Till; 21st-March-2024 at 18:13. Reason: Yep... going to play as Snoop now...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

it'll probably be a while still before I get to skyrim but I usually like going for a thief/stealth based character usually Bosmer or Kahjit or fighter/mage warrior/mage I usually go Nord I tend to stick to a few magic spells and mostly use enchanted items.
    the last time I played oblivion or morrowind I was planning on doing a Breton battlemage type but I don't think I ended up doing that I also wanted to try going for a pure magic build but never got around to it.
    I'm currently still playing sunkenland and wanted to get back into fallout new vegas. I really like new vegas but I have some trouble in it with the factions I really hate having to pick a side I like being good-neutral.

Thanks
    EP Points

also I find this news funny apple is getting sued for anti trust violations by the DOJ.
    now if they'd go after a few other companies *coughmicrosoftcough* *coughgooglecough*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

it'll probably be a while still before I get to skyrim but I usually like going for a thief/stealth based character usually Bosmer or Kahjit or fighter/mage warrior/mage I usually go Nord I tend to stick to a few magic spells and mostly use enchanted items.
    the last time I played oblivion or morrowind I was planning on doing a Breton battlemage type but I don't think I ended up doing that I also wanted to try going for a pure magic build but never got around to it.
    I'm currently still playing sunkenland and wanted to get back into fallout new vegas. I really like new vegas but I have some trouble in it with the factions I really hate having to pick a side I like being good-neutral.
    Bretons make excellent warriors because of magic resistance taking opposing spellcasters out of the picture and only needs healing magic to tank. Also, stealth can be added to tank build with muffle enchantment on heavy armor boots. Stealthy sniper builds get PWNED by Miraak in Dragonborn setting, light armor is not going to cut it. I'm mentioning what works best in Skyrim if you want to play all the content effectively.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Miraak

If you want to lockpick a follower can be commanded to do it for you, no need for thief skills other than sneak in Skyrim.

Here's Snoop in new game doing his 6' 6"

Last edited by Till; 21st-March-2024 at 19:30. Reason: Straight Outta Hammerfell...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"Stop! Hammer time." ~ Snoop Dogg

BTW, being taller in Skyrim makes you move faster and do more melee damage. Snoop is 6' 6", Redguard males are normally 6' 2".
    Last edited by Till; 21st-March-2024 at 20:07. Reason: Closing in with hammer faster and doing more damage with it...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

also I find this news funny apple is getting sued for anti trust violations by the DOJ.
    now if they'd go after a few other companies *coughmicrosoftcough* *coughgooglecough*
    I'd say every multi-national could do with having limbs cut off .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.