Page 108 of 264 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3959

Thread: The Jazz Out: 4000 Posts of Holo to Lure Him Back

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

I'm starting to build up a blank Thanks field
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....Fare-Thee-Well
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dogs usually guide the blind so River(Dogmeat) is Blind Fury's companion. Made her stay by the stairs leading up to the bunker I built on to of the Irish Pride building.

Has clovers as logos in the area, luck-based build and luck of the Irish. Is Nick Parker Irish?
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

got my psp lcd mon wasn't able to get around to fixing it till today. things were going well till i got to the small ribbon cable the small connector pulled right off the board I can't reattach it. now it looks like I have a junk psp and an lcd that I can't use or return
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

Thanks
    EP Points

You can't solder it back on? Might be tricky though, must be really tiny to do that sort of thing on one of those.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    You can't solder it back on? Might be tricky though, must be really tiny to do that sort of thing on one of those.
    I don't have soldering tools or any experience and yes it is tiny
    the part circled in blue is the part I broke off.
    DLyAgIMf2gQwJg5R.jpg
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The only problem with BG3 is that I know a dwarf Ranger Knight is best for role-play as well as hack and slash but I prefer wizards with exactly these stats, gnomes also have a saving throw bonus to almost everything. So I stopped playing as a dwarf and started a new game as a forest gnome wizard.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
    I don't have soldering tools or any experience and yes it is tiny
    the part circled in blue is the part I broke off.
    DLyAgIMf2gQwJg5R.jpg
    Completely broken off or the little part that locks it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In Neverwinter Nights 2 - Mask of the Betrayer it becomes apparent that a cleric only needs intimidation in a role-playing intensive campaign. Add insight to detect lies and persuasion too to be a master in dialogue. Half-plate is heavy armor with no dexterity bonus unlike full plate, 10 dexterity is all a cleric needs to tank with a shield and 13 strength to carry heavy armor with other gear. Also, trickery domain illusions make it hard to see you while you heal yourself and your party and an illusionist cleric can join the warriors in melee once you run out of spells.

Perhaps the most famous(and infamous) cleric in D&D is Dragon Highlord Verminard with 14 Strength(for carry weight, no combat bonus), 10 Dexterity, 15 Constitution(+1 HP per level which equates to 12 Constitution after Second Edition rules). He has 10 Intelligence, 14 Wisdom and 18 Charisma so 16 in both is a balance of the two. Hence the above stats for a BG3 cleric.

https://dragonlance.fandom.com/wiki/Verminaard_of_Nidus

Edit: Warriors are always a good choice to survive most encounters in a D&D game but the elephant in the Baldur's Gate 3 room are mind flayers that'll wipe out your entire party and eat their brains. I knew ahead of time that a wizard is not only my preferred class but essential to every party because of mind flayers you may encounter. I queried AI to make sure I am correct.

Me: Currently I'm playing Baldur's Gate 3 and I want to know which class my character should be to survive against mind flayers specifically.

AI: I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find specific information about which class would be best against mind flayers in Baldur’s Gate 3. Mind flayers are powerful enemies with psionic abilities that can influence the minds of other creatures. You may want to experiment with different classes and strategies to see what works best for you.

Me: If I'm not mistaken mind flayer attacks require intelligence saving throws to survive and a gnome wizard with 17 intelligence or higher with the bonus to intelligence saves gnomes have is the most likely to survive against mind flayers. I wanted your input to verify.

AI: You are correct that a gnome wizard with high intelligence would have an advantage against mind flayers in Baldur’s Gate 3. Gnomes have an advantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws, and wizards have proficiency in Intelligence saving throws. A high intelligence score would further improve their chances of succeeding on intelligence saving throws. So a gnome wizard with a high intelligence score would be well-equipped to survive against mind flayers.

Not that mind flayers could have subdued and captured the character in the game intro to begin with but I'll stick with a forest gnome wizard in Baldur's Gate 3.

Also, keep the fire spells handy. Worked for the red dragons in the intro and will work for you. Magic Missile enemies with fire resistance like imps and mephits. Fireball is best once you can cast level 3 spells and memorize it repeatedly but save one slot for Dispel Magic to counter area of effect spells cast by other wizards. Level 4 and up memorize Stoneskin and any cloak spells that provide extra protection against elemental damage(namely fire) as well as damage melee attackers. Ice Storm to heavily damage groups of enemies resistant to fire and one slot for the highest level monster summoning spell you have learned. Anything within the Evocation, Abjuration and Conjuration schools is a good addition to your spellbook to prepare yourself for quests that require different tactics after another playthrough knowing exactly what enemy wizards will cast and what weaknesses opponents have. Power Word spells are also important additions to your spellbook because opponents get no saving throw, save monster summoning for last so that they don't take damage from your evocation blast areas if any opponents survive the damage.

Last not least, wizards can't heal so take as many healing potions as you can carry. Invisibility spells and then drinking healing potions while summoned monsters attack and you don't have to do anything but watch unseen is wizardly.
    Last edited by Till; 8th-April-2023 at 06:19. Reason: Tempus is the god of soldiers in Forgotten Realms...

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

would having a dedicated gpu on pc be of any benefit to gaming with a low powered cpu?

Thanks
    EP Points

would having a dedicated gpu on pc be of any benefit to gaming with a low powered cpu?
    Yes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Possibly. I wouldn't stick anything too fast in there. Something like the GTX 650/60 or Radeon HD 7790 or 7850 is probably more than sufficient. What's the power output on your PSU? I think you've told me before but I've forgotten if so.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You could probably find a complete, older, computer for about what you'd end up spending on a PSU/GPU online unless you get a deal on a forum.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Magician View Post
    Possibly. I wouldn't stick anything too fast in there. Something like the GTX 650/60 or Radeon HD 7790 or 7850 is probably more than sufficient. What's the power output on your PSU? I think you've told me before but I've forgotten if so.
    I'm not sure what the psu size is. I was asking more out of curiosity than anything as I had been thinking about it recently. took a quick look on newegg and those gpus are beyond my price range the only ones i seen in my price range are all refurbished ones.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Anything new (not an ancient refresh) is way beyond what the CPU could possibly handle feeding. A GT 720 is likely enough. I'd avoid this configuration of the card but it's doubtful the seller would know which one it was.
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 8th-April-2023 at 16:36.