I kind of think that the definition of "Fair Use" under section 107 of the United States Copyright Act (17 U.S.C Section 107) should be extended by congress to include the non-monetized/non-commercial distribution of copyrighted anime music, video game music, anime TV shows, movies, as well as abandoned computer software and games. So long as the person who creates websites for sharing such content doesn't charge a fee to download files. However, the site owner/operator does need to, upon request, by the person(s), companies, or organizations who hold the rights to such content request the removal of such content as well as to Digital Millenium Copyright Act takedown requests. I doubt though that congress would ever make such an amendment to these provisions in the United States Copyright Act. I do agree however, when a person's, company's or organization's pieces of intellectual property are old and really not making them as much royalty revenue, I do think they should allow such works to be free to dristributed in a noncommercial/nonmonitized way. This is especially true with computer games, video games, TV shows, movies and their related music soundtracks, album artworks and other related graphic materials created in the 1980s, 1990s, and 2000s. Maybe the anime fanbase, old TV show and movie fanbases, as well as old school computer software and games emulation communities should all come together to build a major grassroots movement and raise money to lobby congress into making the above mentioned amendments to the United States Copyright Act (17 U.S.C Section 107). It might be worth a try contacting your senators and congressmen/congresswomen with regards to this issue. Although, this might fail today as many of our congressmen and senators would most likely have cozy relationships with corporations who have software and games which they've registered as their intellectual property that has been ported to emulators along with video game and anime related games, music, movies, TV shows, and other materials. What are your thoughts on this idea? Feel free to reply them.