Hi, all. So, I'm not looking to criticize this website or get it in trouble - I'm just asking whether downloading a game here would still make me liable for a cease-or-desist warrant (even if I never get one) or if it is just generally an unlawful thing to do. I am specifically talking about an older, lesser known (sadly) game that didn't get much love when it was first released and not really for all roms/images. I know that morally it wouldn't be so different from buying a used copy of the game - but I think it might be available through the publishers website to buy, but what do you all think? I know that there a lot of people out there that couldn't care less about what they download, and I care, but if I'm being realistic, I don't really see the difference between buying a used copy versus downloading because neither gains any profit to the publisher. Really the only reason not to download it is simply to not to stain my reputation by making myself liable for a cease-or-desist warrant or even a lawsuit because like I said, it's not going to hurt the publisher anymore than if I were to buy it used on Amazon, but since it might be available on the website, I am not sure.

Can I trust this websites services?