Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Phantom Gaming Console????

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default The Phantom Gaming Console????

OK I just found out about this today while all of you probaly kinew and didn't tell me...lol....but i guess the screenshots and the system's look comes out august 17th...i can't wait to see this....here's the site...
    http://www.phantom.net
    Over 400+ Gaming Vids @ Doctorwordsworth's
    Need an Avatar? Stop by Planet of Avatars!
    For Video game documentation of any kind head on over to Game Docs 'R' Us!

Thanks

Yep, i think we've all seen it... looks s</>hitty.

Thanks

I've read about this a few months ago. But in my opinion, I don't think it'll be a success. Microsoft is by far the richest company, and with all that money, it still couldn't make its X-Box as successful as the PS2. And now, out of no where comes a company called Infinium Labs. I myself have never heard of it, and I'm pretty sure most of you didn't. My point is, I don't think the company has enough money to back the Phantom up.

battousai Guest

never heard of ir before.... hmmm sounds interesting, but then i don't think it'll be as great a console as ps2.... but being able to download games is a cool feature.... i have too see more of it to be convinced...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm signed up for Phantom Beta Testing, so we'll see if I actually get it. If I do you guys will be the first to know just how crappy this thing is or is not. Otherwise I have no plans to actually buy one at all. It just looks too gimmicky for me....

Isk Guest

Wonderful idea but most likely too expensive or clunky to be more than a gimmick. I can see it playing older games at first but after that you'd need upgrades which could prove costly if available at all.

Thanks

i think its stupid. So far it seems that no companies are supporting it . It wont get anywhere. I give it about a 1 year fad.

Thanks

Probably won't even hit British or European shores...
    Increase the size of your wang - PM crusher the words "poo poo" for extra length now!

Beware Coward!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ton
    Yeah that'sit , you're just so sexy , woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't know but I see these big robots called gears everywhere.
    Thanks

I am not even sure if this is real . Or if it is somekind of prank.

Need New Sig

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's real -Elly-. Real indeed. As far as companies supporting it goes Hell Fire, considering you know next to nothing about it, I'd take a wait and see approach. That's why I hope I actually do get in on the Beta Testing, that way I can letcha guys know just what's up with this thing....

Thanks

meh i'd buy it if the price is right...i read at gamespot there shooting for like 400$...and thats cheaper then buying myself a new computer to play these new games that i want that are comin out...oh and i woulda signed up for the beta... but they want a resume and i didnt have mine on my comp...on a disk somewhere...so if you get this thing cyber give us all the details .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah well, I'm not likely to get it. I signed up for the FFXI beta test and didn't get that. I just don't have luck with these things. But on the off chance I do, I'll definately keep you guys updated on how much it does/doesn't suck. But I'm not holding my breath....

Thanks
    EP Points

ummm yeah suuuuuureee

4 warning points please

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

This could be cool it is sposed to support PC games and comes with preloaded games.

Hmm preloaded wonder if thats stuff like Pac-Man, jokes

Has the ability to download more games than any other console.

Actully I think this sounds like a computer in a console box basicly you can even patch your games if needed or if there are new partions to a game.

Doesn't sound bad at all, maybe this one is worth looking at, personly if it even reaches europe (most things do now) I'll be waiting a lil while anyway to see what arrives for the machine first before splashing out any cash on it.

The only bit I don't like about this is the "Monthly Subscriptions", guessing thats for playing online.

I hope it's nothing like Ultima Online was, you had to pay just to play it, as it was only able to play online and only to those who subscribed to it at a monthly cost
    Last edited by Zorlon; 30th-July-2003 at 14:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Originally posted by Zorlon
    Has the ability to download more games than any other console.
    Haha thats a funny one. Of course it can download more games than any other console...no other console can download games...