Page 48 of 268 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oct 2019 - Oct 2021 Out?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Well, a neighbor a couple blocks away has managed to shut down the nearby street for 6+ hours now. How? The police aren't saying, the following facts are hearsay!

Apparently he tested positive for covid, and like a dumbass threatened to coof on people. The cops took it seriously and showed up, dragged away his brother or roommate. He locked himself up and took hostages...
    Spoiler warning:
    ...his hostages are his half dozen cats, which he'll coof on

The cops have been chucking flashbang's into his yard (or wherever) every couple of hours.

People are idiots, aren't they?
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

What is coof?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    What is coof?
    He may have actually threatened to cough on people, but that's just ignorant. Covid victims coof
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

There are on the spot fines here specifically for covid-19. Coughing, spitting, not maintaining 2 metres distance in public and also 1 person per 4 square metres indoors eg supermarkets. Indoors in your own home is an exception.
    You can also get a fine for being out doing stuff that isn't considered essential. As well as the on the spot fines you can go to court and get more fines and/or jail.

Plenty of people have been fined already, some bikies (bikers in the US) got fined for being at their clubhouse the other week.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    What is coof?
    A person willing to get roundhouse kicked upside the head for standing close enough to get kicked.
    Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    The cops have been chucking flashbang's into his yard (or wherever) every couple of hours.
    PUT THE CATS DOWN AND COME OUT OR WE'LL KEEP FUCKING UP YOUR LAWN.

At least the stakes are level right?
    Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Welp I know I've brought this up a few times but I think it's finally time to get a 4k tv!!! Getting a good tax return (hopefully soon)

Looking at reviews and such and think a TCL series 6 is the way to go. Kinda the high side of low end. I only have an Xbox S but this tv is supposed to have great upscaling and decent hdr etc. But at least I'll have it too for any future consoles. There's a Samsung model that's almost as good but 200 bucks cheaper.

So any ideas on other comparable models or should go with this?

Thanks
    EP Points

From what I've heard and seen I'd skip the Samsung, unless things have changed a lot in recent years their panels aren't very good.
    Dunno about the TCL myself never really looked at them.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Welp here's a review link for reference https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/6-series-2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I got a JVC 4K Roku TV myself over Christmas, I actually like it a lot better than my Samsung.

In fact, my Samsung kicked the bucket right after the warranty expired so there's that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dill the Grey View Post
    But seriously, I dare a cougher to stand close enough to me.
    That's what I'm probably going to have to do tomorrow, have to run to Walmart to buy a drill and hopefully no one gets anywhere near me. I've already gotten over the 'Rona once, don't need it again.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    That's what I'm probably going to have to do tomorrow, have to run to Walmart to buy a drill and hopefully no one gets anywhere near me. I've already gotten over the 'Rona once, don't need it again.
    Never mind me, I've been in quarantine and in solitary confinement for 51 days, I'm mad but not in the angry sense. And speaking of sense, you maintain proper distancing so my commentary was not directed at you. Speaking of angry, that's what I'll be if somebody makes all that time in solitude a waste of time by making me sick because they coughed too close to me.

"If you love life, do not waste time; for time is what life is made up of." ~ Bruce Lee

Free beer for everyone! --> How to upload files as ROM patches.

reductio ad absurdum

Thanks
    EP Points

Ha ha... I just went out to hit a bank machine and obtain some cash. I walk up to the ATM room and notice a security guard is sitting in it, which would make social distancing pretty difficult, but I open the door regardless because I do need that cash. The guard looks up and says "the ATMs are closed, somebody sneezed in the room". My brain tries to process this, I already assumed those machines would be covered with the plague, I had a pen in my pocket and wasn't going to touch them with my skin. Also I wasn't going to (and didn't) touch my face at all till I got home and washed my hands. Furthermore, this security guard is sitting in this closed plague box. The door has a lock, and they could stick a note on the door. Hell I had to touch the door to have the security guard tell me to go away, and that monster that sneezed clearly would've touched the door to get in, so the security guard isn't even protecting me from plague contact...

God dammit, our world is filled with morons.

Thanks
    EP Points

At least he didn't coof on you