Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Bah, hit a thrift store and randomly spotted a MGD2 sitting there for $20 (might be worth 10x that, dunno). But, it had no connectors to hook it up to a console. It's 2021, I'm never going to just find connector cables, I don't even see any sold on eBay. So I wouldn't even be able to test the thing, meaning it's just a $20 paperweight... I skipped buying it, which is just sad.
There's one listed on eBay from Canada... No power cable.

If I remember correctly, these allowed you to flash a ROM to a cart and play on your console. It worked with a few different systems.

Had to Google which systems:

Spoiler warning:

Released in 1991, the Multi Game Doctor 2 by Bung is one of the most versatile copiers there are. The MGD2 has can be used with 7 different systems including the SNES, Genesis, NEO-GEO, PC-Engine, Super Graphics, Game Gear, and Game Boy. The main unit has an LCD screen and three buttons which control the copier's functions. The unit is compatible with gold finger codes, DSP games and has built in 256K of SRAM. It has support for two languages (Chinese and English) and the contents of the memory are maintained when the console's power is turned off. The Neo Geo I/O can playback games up to 136M, the I/O utilizes 4x32M Doctor cards, and one 8M SRAM (thanks Kyuusaku). Games can be backed up on 720K, 800K, 1.2MB, 1.44MB and 1.6MB formats. It had a backup board (for making the initial backups), but it did not come in any protective case, just the bare board, so very few now survive, they are now VERY, VERY rare. The dealer would usualy attach whatever cart conectors the buyer/user needed.

C $334.00
Approximately £192.93

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333476555...0AAOSwAj9eGjfI

I'd pick it up for $20 before it goes. Even without the cables, you should turn a profit.