Quote Originally Posted by JKDarkside View Post
Honestly? I'm betting we're not going to see Bioware games get rereleases anytime soon because the entire company is imploding.

Anthem's development was so poorly managed that it sank entire projects (the DA4 that was being made now before the project lead left was completely different from the the being worked on before that (in which that project lead also left)). Mass Effect Andromeda's shortcomings were a similar story, where the team started out wasting time on a concept that went nowhere (mass generated planets) and all of the narrative and polishing had to be rushed when things finally got on track.

Part of the issue is that the main office got a huge ego on itself, leading to nonsense like ignoring Bioware Austin, the only Bioware studio with experience with MMOs (they made The Old Republic), on how to handle MMO elements in Anthem. That's not even getting into the discovery of how normalized crunch was.

The company has bled pretty much all of its talent that made its other games so good. All we have left at this point is Casey Hudson, the guy who wrote Mass Effect 3, the weakest written game in the trilogy, and even he left for awhile before coming back because he wanted to finish Anthem.
That article published about Anthem's shit development was an amazing read.

I was interested in that game, tried the beta when it became available and was just like other than flying this game is awful, so glad I didn't listen to any of the people I play games with and buy that shit.