Thread: Issues with backing-up my Wii games

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Red face Issues with backing-up my Wii games

Hello, I have various issues with backing up my Wii collection. I just tried everything.
    So, all I basicly want are backups from my Wii games, so I can play them with a backup manager, or play them on my PC with Dolphin.
    Software I tried:

Wii DVD Backup (Wanikoko): Anytime says '...Error!' without code or stuff that tells me how to fix it. I also tried other filesystems (Fat32, NTFS and exFAT). Then I tried via my Network, but the download was really large, and after 2 hours my PC gave up, and interuppted the download.

USB Loader GX: God, I hate this. My HDD first wasn't detected, but after I got around that issue, and backed up a game, it softlocked itself.

SD/USB Loader 1.5 (Wanikoko): I first had an issue where it wasn't able to mount my USB, but I had to install a patched version of IOS 36. But then it said there was no formatted WBFS USB, however it did gave me the option to format it. Guess what it said... '...Error!'. I searched EVERYWHERE on the web but nothing worked.
    Status: Works, but haves issues with my USB stick. If you have some solutions, please ask me and I send a log.

CleanRip: Did worked, but it splits up in 'part0.iso' and 'part1.iso'. Also, doesn't allow me to merge the *.iso files together, making the *.iso file unplayable.
    Status: Works, but can't merge *.iso files, unless it can be fixed.

My PC (With programs, like Rawdump): My PC doesn't really like Wii games. Even programs like Wii Backup Manager don't too!

So, has anyone some solutions and fixes for me? Thanks!
    -TheSecondBetterBitLoader

EDIT: 1. I don't really care if the wile extensions will end in *.iso or *.wbfs
    2. My Wii is softmodded, and set to Region-Free, so you don't need to worry about Region stuff.
    Last edited by Trash Bandatcoot; 14th-January-2018 at 13:45.
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot