Thread: NeoGensPlusGX v1b08 Sega CD RAM cart

Threaded View

Thanks

Default NeoGensPlusGX v1b08 Sega CD RAM cart

Hi all!

I'm having some issues with NeoGensPlusGX v1b08 and Sega CD games like Shining Force CD. The emulator fires up my game (in BIN+CUE format) with the Genesis Plus GX, and I can see via FTP on the E: drive that a .brm file and a .srm file are both being created, but the game doesn't actually save.

At the Sega CD BIOS screen I press the A button to get to the CD player interface and pick Options. Here, I initialize both the console memory and the RAM cart. After that, I play the game for a bit and save/exit. I know it should be saved because in Shining Force CD if you say you don't want to continue you get a "goodbye" screen. So as far as I can tell, I'm doing what I should. The CDDA plays music during the game, so the CD part is working like it should. No problem with the image.

But then if I quit the emulator and launch it again and start the game back up, there's nothing to continue. And if I go back into the BIOS menu and look at the memory, both the console and RAM cart are uninitialized again. So it's like the system isn't saving.

I have tried using the NeoGenesis core and it doesn't even load the game. It doesn't load any of my games. They're the Darkwater BIN+CUE releases.

It's a soft-modded Xbox 1.0 running XBMC. I've upgraded the hard drive to a 320GB IDE model and everything works but this. Regular Xbox games save, SNES games save, etc. Willing to try anything that even remotely sounds reasonable.

Cart games are working, too. I have a Sonic 3 and Knuckles going and it's loading.

Thanks!
    Last edited by derFunk; 21st-September-2017 at 19:26.