Thread: Softmodding an XBox... deleted dashboard!

Threaded View

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Softmodding an XBox... deleted dashboard!

ya so I bought a 2nd hand XBox from CashGen a few months ago with the intention to SoftMod it. I took it home and noticed the back of the console had tears where the screw covers are, so I assumed it had previously been softmodded. However when booting it up it just seemed like a normal unmodded XBox so wasnt sure.

Anyway, fast forward last week a fellow member sent me the USB-XBox cable, as well as a copy of splinter cell and the SoftMod Exploit on an included USB stick. So I loaded up the LINUX Save Exploit on Splinter Cell, and it brings me to this screen

FF3F4DZXVGES84IOAQ.MEDIUM.jpg
    So i first choose backup eeprom = im following this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJOEen1-234) and choose to Install Ndure softmod. At this point it gives me an error, so after a bit of research I figure out my XBox Dashboard isnt at a high enough firmware, so I go out and buy Halo 2 to upgrade it as per the above video. Only problem is I had the ethernet cable connected to the XBox while trying to update it via the Halo 2 main menu, which apparently is a big nono.

So it just restarts back to Halo 2 instead of the 'Updating XBox' screen and that confuses me. So I take out Halo 2 and restart it and I start getting the Red Ring on the front, and the XBox fails to load up the dashboard, giving this screen:@
    error7,xbox%u00252Berror,xbox%u00252B360%u00252Berror,xbox%u00252B360%u00252Berror%u00252Bsoluti.jpg
    l have to check again if its error code 7 or 17. Either way no matter what I do it restarts to this screen so I can't go to the dashboard ever, Thing is I can still boot games, including Halo 2 (though attempting to update via Halo 2 menu just restarts the game) and Splinter Cell, including the exploit. Through this method I managed to get a FTP access to my XBox and I am pretty sure that the default dashboard has been removed. (i still have FTP access and feel this is my only way to resolve this...)

So I really hope someone knows or has ideas on how to get the Dashboard back up, so I can update it via Halo 2 and then install Ndure Softmod, I think it's the Evo-X one I wanted to install. I tried dragging over default.xbe files I found on the USB Exploit to the XBox's C:/ drive, but that didn't resolve the dashboard issue.

Thanks I tried to make it as precise as possible as I havent hacked XBoxes before so pretty gutted I F'd it up.

Edit: Note these aren't my screenshots, I googled them so the first image isn't representative of the numbers, but the menu options are the same.
    Last edited by skarmachild; 1st-June-2017 at 16:18.